Celie

Processing Updates (I-751) for SRC (Texas Service Center)

100 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, vivfran said:

Has anyone whose case transferred from SRC to somewhere else gotten any other info?? Ever since my case got transferred back in September I haven’t heard anything. It’s so annoying 

If you are ready and eligible I would  submit  your N-400. Sometimes that gets the ROC rolling.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

25 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

If you are ready and eligible I would  submit  your N-400. Sometimes that gets the ROC rolling.

I did submit in august and nothing yet lol but hopefully things will change this year! Good luck to all of you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Filing the N-400 definitely prompts them to do something with your I-751. 

We filed my wife's I-751 back in October of 2021 and the only update she received was that they received the application. Even when she logs into her account and checks status that's all it has said despite having done her biometrics back in December of 2021. Crickets up until now. 

So we submitted her N-400 at the beginning of this month and out of nowhere 2 days later we started receiving text messages and emails from USCIS stating that action had been taken on her I-751. When checking, it now shows "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".....lol. We're talking about an update for something my wife did over a year ago.....

It also stated that her I-751 was transferred to another location.

Movement on the our I-751 happening 2 days after submitting the N-400 is in no way just mere coincidence. Based on my simple analysis, our I-751 case has apparently been sitting in the nether and was now only looked at simply because they were prompted to when we submitted the N-400.

Oh well, it is what it is but yeah can't help but chuckle at the process and how dysfunctional it is.

Edited by Alekezam
Grammar

52 minutes ago, Alekezam said:

Filing the N-400 definitely prompts them to do something with your I-751. 

We filed my wife's I-751 back in October of 2021 and the only update she received was that they received the application. Even when she logs into her account and checks status that's all it has said despite having done her biometrics back in December of 2021. Crickets up until now. 

So we submitted her N-400 at the beginning of this month and out of nowhere 2 days later we started receiving text messages and emails from USCIS stating that action had been taken on her I-751. When checking, it now shows "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".....lol. We're talking about an update for something my wife did over a year ago.....

It also stated that her I-751 was transferred to another location.

Movement on the our I-751 happening 2 days after submitting the N-400 is in no way just mere coincidence. Based on my simple analysis, our I-751 case has apparently been sitting in the nether and was now only looked at simply because they were prompted to when we submitted the N-400.

Oh well, it is what it is but yeah can't help but chuckle at the process and how dysfunctional it is.

Same with my wife's  I-751, only we filed in January 2022, but we received all the same statuses and updates right after we filed the N-400. The I-751 was transferred, but I have not got the hard copy yet to tell me where the case is at. The N-400 is at NBC. I agree the N-400 does shake the I-751 loose.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Timeline

We just received a notice in the mail today notifying us that my wife's case has been transferred to Lee's Summit, MO. 

She has an SRC number. 

Letter did not mention any reason as to why the transfer took place. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Timeline

Had our combo N-400/I-751 Interview on 4/21/23.

I-751 approved same day. No new green card would be issued as N-400 was also approved on the same day. 

And FYI.

Took roughly 18 months to approve but I want to stress that,  outside of receiving the notice of receipt of our I-751 application, there was no movement on it till we submitted the N-400. Our I-751 was mysteriously transferred to another location immediately after we submitted the N-400.....no way that's just a simple coincidence. It obviously moved because we submitted the N-400. So you can interpret that however you want but in my opinion, they will basically sit on your I-751 for an indefinite amount of time until something major prompts them to do otherwise (in this case, submit an N-400). 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hey all. I forgot to post when I had an update and now here I am.

April 11th got a mail from USCIS. Didn't arrive on the day, so it ended up showing up in the mailbox April 12th.

It's an extension letter, but no physical card. Filing Naturalization this year and it seems like that will be finished before the card production arrive.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-13 at 1.11.16 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-13 at 1.11.17 AM.jpeg

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

1 hour ago, WaterLeaf said:

Hey all. I forgot to post when I had an update and now here I am.

April 11th got a mail from USCIS. Didn't arrive on the day, so it ended up showing up in the mailbox April 12th.

It's an extension letter, but no physical card. Filing Naturalization this year and it seems like that will be finished before the card production arrive.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-13 at 1.11.16 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-13 at 1.11.17 AM.jpeg

Extension letters extend conditional GC. No new card is sent with it. No surprise here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
On 5/13/2023 at 2:49 AM, OldUser said:

Extension letters extend conditional GC. No new card is sent with it. No surprise here.

Right. I think they stopped a contract with one of the green card production service and then no one getting physical card anymore. But I could be wrong... but it does seem like the processing center went down hill as they shifted the employee to work in other areas instead. Maybe I'm just feeling hopeless about the whole moving on thing that didn't seem to be ok.

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-2024]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.
NOA as of 4/29/24 - Oath Ceremony scheduled for May 30th in Chattanooga, TN. Rescheduled as of May 2nd, 2024 by USCIS - new date is May 29th.
May 29th - Naturalized! Ta-da!

17 minutes ago, WaterLeaf said:

Right. I think they stopped a contract with one of the green card production service and then no one getting physical card anymore. But I could be wrong... 

I know somebody who got 10 year GC recently. The cards are being issued at a slower rate, but require I-751 approval first. Before cases are approved, people receive extension letters instead and that's how it's been for a long time now. Before, stickers were issued to extend validity of expired GC.

Looks like your I-751 application has only been pending for 11 months or so. Not many adjudicated before 18 months mark nowadays, unfortunately. Mine has been pending for 17.5 months now.

Edited by OldUser

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Very pleased to announce my wifey just received her 10year LPR card! Apparently she was approved on August 3rd. No interviews, nada. Didn’t even get any notifications. Until I seen on my USPS informed delivery that we were getting something from USCIS yesterday. Her green card came in today 08/10 after a small hiccup with the post office. We are extremely grateful and very excited! More than anything excited to be finished with USCIS!

June/2021 Filed I751

August 3, 2023 I751 Approved

August 10, 2023 LPR card received!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.