vidash23

When Will my Case be Approved/Reviewed (HELP!!) (merged)

18 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey All, 

My Father (Permanent Resident) Sponsored by Brother in Early August of 2021 - Using the E-file System on USCIS. We received a letter of receipt - providing the Case number ( A LETTER OF ACKNOWLEDMENT) 

My Brother is Unmarried and over 21 - Since we received and E-filing case number there is no way for us the check the processing times.

Can anyone Advise how long this was take for my brother case to be reviewed/Approved. 

Would appreciate the help - At this point We're completely lost on this. 

Edited by vidash23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

c2030 to interview.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

33 minutes ago, vidash23 said:

Since we received and E-filing case number there is no way for us the check the processing times.

Check the bottom left section of the I-130 receipt.  Does it not list the receiving service center?

In any case, the I-130 approval time would just be a small part of the total waiting time.  More significant for F2B would be the visa bulletin -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

Based on the trend from the visa bulletin, an F2B case from Guyana, with petition filed in Aug 2021, would likely have to wait until after 2028 to get a visa interview.

Edited by Chancy

Timeline
6 hours ago, Chancy said:

Check the bottom left section of the I-130 receipt.  Does it not list the receiving service center?

In any case, the I-130 approval time would just be a small part of the total waiting time.  More significant for F2B would be the visa bulletin -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

Based on the trend from the visa bulletin, an F2B case from Guyana, with petition filed in Aug 2021, would likely have to wait until after 2028 to get a visa interview.

All I got is an IOE Number. 

14 minutes ago, vidash23 said:

All I got is an IOE Number. 

You said in your original post that you got a receipt letter.  Was it the I-797C Receipt Notice?  All I-130 submissions get a receipt notice, whether filed online or by mail.  If online, the PDF version of the notice is usually generated within 1 day of filing.  The bottom left section of the notice normally lists the USCIS service center.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hey All,

I'm Quite curious to know what is really going on with my Brother Case I-130. 

So my father Sponsor my Brother on August 2021 unmarried Son over 21 year using the I-130 petition. 

Current his case says actively being reviewed as on February 2022.

I'm wondering is get a period of time when this will be process since it's already July. 

and not response whether it's approved or not. 

On the Notice of Receipt it say the case is at the California Service Center.

Please assist me in figuring the Time stamp and the waiting period on this Case 

Thanks

All “actively reviewing” means is that it is somewhere between receipt and approval.

CSC is currently taking 64.5 months to process this category https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

It is currently taking 7-8 years for a visa to become available for an over 21 child of LPR. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2022/visa-bulletin-for-august-2022.html

It will literally be years before you hear anything.

(PS I am assuming you have posted in correct forum and your father is an LPR. The above timelines are actually slightly longer for over 21 children of citizens.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, vidash23 said:

Hey All,

I'm Quite curious to know what is really going on with my Brother Case I-130. 

So my father Sponsor my Brother on August 2021 unmarried Son over 21 year using the I-130 petition. 

Current his case says actively being reviewed as on February 2022.

I'm wondering is get a period of time when this will be process since it's already July. 

and not response whether it's approved or not. 

On the Notice of Receipt it say the case is at the California Service Center.

Thanks

If you are F-3, married son/daughter of USC, then your father is a USC?  If so, your brother's category is F-1.

As @SusieQQQ mentioned, F-1 is about a year longer than F-2B.  So the wait will be 8-9 years. About 5-6 years for USCIS to approve the I-130.

Longer wait for I-130 approval is actually a good thing.  It may help any derivative children of your brother from aging out.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, vidash23 said:

I hope everyone is aware that whether the i130 is approved today or 5 years later, your brother can only immigrate around 2029-2030. 

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Hey All, 

So I'm in a bit of a tricky situation in understanding how does this work. 

My Parent whom are permeant resident filed for their Son whose unmarried but over 21 year of age - This petition was file in July 15 2021. Which is being processed at the California Center 

We did received a letter of notification that the payment was received. 

In February 2022 - We recvied an other notification online stating the Case is being actively reviewed. 

Can someone please advice on a realistic date when this case will be current and if I need to contact USCIS with regards to this Case. 

Thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. About 7 years from the filing date.

2. No.

3. After USCIS approves the I-130 it will be sent to the NVC   About a year before the visa becomes current, the NVC will "unlock" the case and contact the petitioner to pay the AOS and IV fees.  At that point your parent and your brother will complete the NVC steps.

If your parent becomes a USC, the category will change from F2B to F1 and it will take an additional 1-2 years for that category to become current.

Timeline

Noting has changed since you last asked, I would put it near 2030 so worry about it then.

If his parents naturalise he can elect to keep keep his current time line.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Just a thought do you have a literary will?

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Just a thought do you have a literary will?

Yep nothing to do with this thread

• Ontarkie changed the title to When Will my Case be Approved/Reviewed (HELP!!) (merged)
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three related threads have been merged. PLease do not make anymore threads for the same or related topic~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.