Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 hours ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

Super fast! I like the fact we are updating everyday lol

I logged due to your comment and this is what comes up.. what interview? there are no other documents/notices except the biometrics

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Submitted on April 12, 2022Receipt # IO.....

Casse status

Case history

Documents

May 17, 2022

Interview Was ScheduledOn May 17, 2022, we scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number IOE0...... We will mail you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Current as of today at 12:39 p.m.

Wow! I-485 interview already?! 

Congratulations! Seems like you must have got a super fast FO! You should update your timeline 😃

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
23 hours ago, AtoZed said:

Just did biometrics appointment yesterday. Woke up today and EAD has gone to "card is being produced" 😀

Now just waiting for AP/AOS!

Hi there! So how long does it take to get the EAD? Online it says almost 16 months. Also, do you have to make the appointment for biometrics or the USCIS will do that?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, AtoZed said:

Wow! I-485 interview already?! 

Congratulations! Seems like you must have got a super fast FO! You should update your timeline 😃

Thats what it looks like, wont get hopes up since it may be months 

maybe it was a new agent lol, 

i'll get to that once next paper comes in

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Oti&Dum said:

Hi there! So how long does it take to get the EAD? Online it says almost 16 months. Also, do you have to make the appointment for biometrics or the USCIS will do that?

it's really luck to tell you the truth, I know personally some people have gotten the temporary residence before the EAD or some other people have gotten it 2 months after biometrics, you cannot compare any cases

we got a letter by mail from the uscis to do biometrics, they will set up the date first, also a letter so you can follow the case online

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

it's really luck to tell you the truth, I know personally some people have gotten the temporary residence before the EAD or some other people have gotten it 2 months after biometrics, you cannot compare any cases

we got a letter by mail from the uscis to do biometrics, they will set up the date first, also a letter so you can follow the case online

Got it! Thanks a lot! Hopefully it's not gonna take too long.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Andrs01-2020 said:

Also, I've seen that every form is asking for an A-number. Is this the one on the k1 visa, the 9 digits number? Or should I just leave that blank?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Oti&Dum said:

Also, I've seen that every form is asking for an A-number. Is this the one on the k1 visa, the 9 digits number? Or should I just leave that blank?

It's the number on your I-797 NOA2 that you received for the K1. For us it was next to the word "Beneficiary" just above the name.

Timeline so far! Thought I would share if anyone would like to follow along. :) 

• April 27, 2022 -Application sent 
  • April 28, 2022 - Received at PO Box 
  • May 06, 2022 - Credit card charged 
  • May 09, 2022 - Text messages (3) 
  • May 12, 2022 - Physical NOA1 received in mail I- 797C (3 letters) 
  • May 13, 2022 - Biometrics Scheduled  
  • May 16, 2022 - Account access notice received
  • May 19, 2022 - Checked online and viewed biometrics letter — scheduled for June 07, 2022

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

New to the site.  
AOS 1R-1 to USC
filed April 3, 2022

NOI 1: April 5, 2022

payment pulled: April 7, 2022

biometrics appt notice: April 13, 2022

biometrics appt: May 13, 2022

2 hours ago, Jenniwrenn said:

New to the site.  
AOS 1R-1 to USC
filed April 3, 2022

NOI 1: April 5, 2022

payment pulled: April 7, 2022

biometrics appt notice: April 13, 2022

biometrics appt: May 13, 2022

Welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I applied for Social Security 1 week after arriving in NY with my printed i94 and other requirements. Two days after i received this in my mail. Should i get married give them what they need or go back reapply and ask for interview and show them proof of K1 eligibility? May i know who receive same paperworks.

Thanks in advance. 

8DC625D0-6CFC-41B1-8284-3D35F08DE03D.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does AOS from K1 go faster than other family based AOS? Like for parents of a USC? 

04/22/2010: AOS I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 mailed by UPS

04/23/2010: Delivered (Day 1)

04/28/2010: Checks cashed (Day 4)

05/02/2010: NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received (Day 8)

05/08/2010: Biometrics Appointment received for 05/21/2010 (Day 15)

05/11/2010: Walk-in biometrics successful in Oakland Park, Fl (Day 19)

05/12/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 20)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 25)

05/28/2010: Interview appointment for June 29th. "Yay!" and "So scared!" (Day 36)

06/03/2010: I-485 touched (Day 42)

06/29/2010: Had the interview, no decision right away (Day 68)

06/30/2010: Text and email from USCIS: "Your card production has been ordered"!!!!!!!!!!! (Day 69)

07/15/2010: Received the card in the mail!!!!! (Day 84)

01/10/2011: Divorce

10/14/2011: I-751 with waiver received by USCIS

11/17/2011: Biometrics Appointment received for 12/15/2011

12/15/2011: Successful biometrics

09/27/2012: Interview appointment for 10/29/2012 received

10/04/2012: Rescheduled the interview, received no confirmation mail

04/03/2013: Called USCIS, my case "outside of normal processing time", waiting for official reply within 15 days

04/18/2013: Interview appointment for May 2nd. Finally!

04/22/2013: Biometrics appoinment for May 3rd

05/01/2013: Had the interview, no decision right away, but it went well. Biometrics still good, left two recent photos with the officer.

13 hours ago, MarticaIda said:

Does AOS from K1 go faster than other family based AOS? Like for parents of a USC? 

Really  no way to answer that, but in general an AOS for your spouse goes faster! But still it all depends on the case and the office that is handling the case.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.