Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tommyz44 said:

Hey all just joining in now, Mailed my packet out on April 26 was received the 27th. still no update or emails. Hopping I didn't mess something up!!  

It's still early yet. I'll venture to say you'll get something this week!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, AD1 said:

Hello, I am just wondering if all the documents lists that posted in this page is enough to file for AOS. I am not seeing anywhere saying joint bank accounts pics together etc. Any recommendations? Thanks 

Save those for the interview. They aren't scrutinizing the relationship like they do at the application level of the K1.

3 hours ago, AD1 said:

Hello, I am just wondering if all the documents lists that posted in this page is enough to file for AOS. I am not seeing anywhere saying joint bank accounts pics together etc. Any recommendations? Thanks 

Yes it is enough for the application  packet, but you'll  need all those bank statements  etc during the interview if you have one!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/5/2022 at 5:36 PM, nena_bby said:

Hello! New to the group. Submitted my AOS package to Chicago lockbox. USPS verified delivery on April 28. Haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully soon! :) 

any update on yours yet? i was received one day before you still waiting for my check to be cashed. weird as a few people had their received dated after us but got the noa1 notice before us too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
On 5/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, PatLuvO said:

In other posts I have seen people say they were able to do a walk-in for the biometrics and were able to get it done. They went to the location listed on their notice before the assigned date and explained the situation and the employees allowed them in. They went during not so busy time of the day. Maybe you can try that out. 

I had heard this too, but wasn’t super hopeful after the only experiences I could find with our assigned office (Alexandria) were people who were turned away from walk-ins. Called to reschedule and was given a confirmation number of our request, but no insights as to when we would hear about a new date. Gave the walk-in a try today anyways and it was actually successful! So now we can check that off the list and settle in for the wait ☺️ .

any update on yours yet? i was received one day before you still waiting for my check to be cashed. weird as a few people had their received dated after us but got the noa1 notice before us too. 

Yes! So it got delivered on April 28 to Chicago lockbox. Our card was charged on May 06, and then we received 3 texts on May 09. But when we checked the case tracker our case was last updated on April 28. So guess it just took a little while to charge the card and send texts. No updates since then! Hoping to get biometrics scheduled soon like everyone else 

Edited by nena_bby

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
48 minutes ago, lastrose said:

I had heard this too, but wasn’t super hopeful after the only experiences I could find with our assigned office (Alexandria) were people who were turned away from walk-ins. Called to reschedule and was given a confirmation number of our request, but no insights as to when we would hear about a new date. Gave the walk-in a try today anyways and it was actually successful! So now we can check that off the list and settle in for the wait ☺️ .

Ok great! Now the waiting begins lol. 

59 minutes ago, lastrose said:

Never hurts to try, you are in there now!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
1 hour ago, nena_bby said:

Yes! So it got delivered on April 28 to Chicago lockbox. Our card was charged on May 06, and then we received 3 texts on May 09. But when we checked the case tracker our case was last updated on April 28. So guess it just took a little while to charge the card and send texts. No updates since then! Hoping to get biometrics scheduled soon like everyone else 

thats great!! im hopping thats all it is with mine. we had signature required so i know it was delivered on april 27. But the check still hasnt been processed in my bank. Maybe i  should have gone with the card instead. Starting to get worried now!

thats great!! im hopping thats all it is with mine. we had signature required so i know it was delivered on april 27. But the check still hasnt been processed in my bank. Maybe i  should have gone with the card instead. Starting to get worried now!

Nothing to worry about! You know your uncle will get his money, give it a few more days!

Citizenship Complete!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Nothing to worry about! You know your uncle will get his money, give it a few more days!

that's actually was surprises me they haven't cashed the check yet! Everything has been slow with immigration but they usually are pretty quick to take our money 🤣

On 5/9/2022 at 3:11 PM, Andrs01-2020 said:

Wait until friday this week to get a message or even  by regular mail, if not next monday start reaching out to them

Hello, how many days should I wait if there is no sms or any other notififcation from immigration when the package is delivered to the USCIS lockbox? (I have sent to Chicago lockbox). How to reach out them? - has anyone right contacts? Thanks.

Timeline
15 hours ago, Cocos123 said:

Hello, how many days should I wait if there is no sms or any other notififcation from immigration when the package is delivered to the USCIS lockbox? (I have sent to Chicago lockbox). How to reach out them? - has anyone right contacts? Thanks.

I called yesterday since its been 15 days since usps says it was delivered. They basically told me i had to wait until 30 days without receiving the receipt before they can look into anything.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.