Sarge2155

April 2022 - AOS Filers

346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Our receipt date is May 4th. Last month biometrics got done.

Our case numbers starts with IOE and only list the address of National Visa center. Our nearest office is Desmoine IA.

Any idea how long is USCIS taking to process Employment authorization?   

On 7/12/2022 at 3:27 PM, Shaz1 said:

Our receipt date is May 4th. Last month biometrics got done.

Our case numbers starts with IOE and only list the address of National Visa center. Our nearest office is Desmoine IA.

Any idea how long is USCIS taking to process Employment authorization?   

It’s taking about 5 to 6. Months to get it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We had our second round of Biometrics. Unfortunately, the same guy who did it the first time was there for the second time. My wife is under the impression that her fingers were pushed down way too hard both times and the images are terrible. Anyone know if they go for a third try?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Joining in here:

San Francisco Field Office. Processed through NBC. For my husband (adjusting from F1 OPT, I'm USC)

4/19/22 -Submitted I-130 online, printed out receipt and mailed I-485, I-765, and I-131

4/21/22 -Priority date on receipt notices

4/29/22 - Biometrics Scheduled for 5/23

4/29/22 - RFE received for I-864 (said I didn't include a tax return and W2s for sponsorship even though I sent a tax transcript instead). Responded next day online.

5/11/22 - Deficiency notice for no I-693

5/23/22 - Biometrics at Oakland ASC

5/23/22 - I-765 and I-485 being actively reviewed

7/5/22 - Expedite Request Submitted via Emma chat for financial loss (His OPT EAD expired 6/30)

7/21/22 - E-mail saying Expedite request was received and we'd be contacted if more info was needed

7/22/22 - Notice in online account saying EAD was approved!

Notice says the EAD will have an I-512 endorsement for advanced parole, though our I-131 application still is stuck at "Case Received"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, RileyM said:

Joining in here:

San Francisco Field Office. Processed through NBC. For my husband (adjusting from F1 OPT, I'm USC)

4/19/22 -Submitted I-130 online, printed out receipt and mailed I-485, I-765, and I-131

4/21/22 -Priority date on receipt notices

4/29/22 - Biometrics Scheduled for 5/23

4/29/22 - RFE received for I-864 (said I didn't include a tax return and W2s for sponsorship even though I sent a tax transcript instead). Responded next day online.

5/11/22 - Deficiency notice for no I-693

5/23/22 - Biometrics at Oakland ASC

5/23/22 - I-765 and I-485 being actively reviewed

7/5/22 - Expedite Request Submitted via Emma chat for financial loss (His OPT EAD expired 6/30)

7/21/22 - E-mail saying Expedite request was received and we'd be contacted if more info was needed

7/22/22 - Notice in online account saying EAD was approved!

Notice says the EAD will have an I-512 endorsement for advanced parole, though our I-131 application still is stuck at "Case Received"

My husband recieved his EAD with advance parole endorsement on July 6th, 2022 and his I-131 status still says received too. We also were approved for expedite.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PatLuvO said:

My husband recieved his EAD with advance parole endorsement on July 6th, 2022 and his I-131 status still says received too. We also were approved for expedite.

I am currently expecting and have to file for FMLA and take unpaid days off. I did not know we can ask for expedite for work permit. 
can you please share a link or guide me, how we can file for work permit expedite? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

I am currently expecting and have to file for FMLA and take unpaid days off. I did not know we can ask for expedite for work permit. 
can you please share a link or guide me, how we can file for work permit expedite? 

There isn't a link to request expedite. Contact USCIS either via calling or chatting a live agent on Emma to request the expedite. Tell them your reason for requesting it and the customer service agent will give you a confirmation number and forward your request to USCIS. If USCIS requires evidence to support your request they will contact you. It's up to USCIS to approve the request, it's not guaranteed. We submitted a request 3 times before the expedite was finally approved. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

We expedited through Emma chat. During hours when agents are available, you type "live chat," then it give you a list of options. Select "Case Status," then you'll get in a queue to talk to an agent. They will ask what you want, say expedite your EAD, then they will ask you reason which has to be from a list. The most common is "severe financial loss". Then you plead your case and hope it's approved! Some people get immediate approval, some immediate denial, some get asked for evidence and some none. Unfortunately no way to know, but you can put in multiple requests if one gets denied!

2 hours ago, PatLuvO said:

There isn't a link to request expedite. Contact USCIS either via calling or chatting a live agent on Emma to request the expedite. Tell them your reason for requesting it and the customer service agent will give you a confirmation number and forward your request to USCIS. If USCIS requires evidence to support your request they will contact you. It's up to USCIS to approve the request, it's not guaranteed. We submitted a request 3 times before the expedite was finally approved. 

We never even were told that ours was approved, just an e-mail saying they received the request and then they approved the EAD the next day.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RileyM said:

We expedited through Emma chat. During hours when agents are available, you type "live chat," then it give you a list of options. Select "Case Status," then you'll get in a queue to talk to an agent. They will ask what you want, say expedite your EAD, then they will ask you reason which has to be from a list. The most common is "severe financial loss". Then you plead your case and hope it's approved! Some people get immediate approval, some immediate denial, some get asked for evidence and some none. Unfortunately no way to know, but you can put in multiple requests if one gets denied!

We never even were told that ours was approved, just an e-mail saying they received the request and then they approved the EAD the next day.

Thank you so much for the detail. We will work on it on monday.

Timeline
1 hour ago, haley45 said:

Quick update:

7/27/2022 EAD approved and card is being produced! 🥳🥳 we expedited due to a pending job offer, waited about 10 days and today, we got approval! 

Congratulations!! We placed requested to expedite 2 days ago based on medical health issue and being on un-paid leave of US spouse. Hope we get a approval as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.