JojoandTomas

APRIL 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

237 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hey All, 

Got some mixed news today. Good news is our case is on it’s way to embassy. 

Potential bad news is that NVC sent the case to the wrong country…. 

When we originally applied my fiancé was in Ireland for work, we thought he would still be there for the interview given our original belief of the timeline (but we all know how that goes ). So in the meantime he had moved back to his original country, Portugal.  I called the NVC to tell them this and even submitted a request online with his new address and Portuguese passport like the person on the phone adviser. Alas, it is heading to Dublin. 

Praying that given this is still within the EU it might be ok??? Anyone know anything about this?? I’m trying to not overly stress, but I don’t think either of us can deal with anymore blocking points 😭

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/19/2022 at 11:31 PM, Em&Jen said:

I am thinking the shipping dates sheet is wrong. It seems the sheet has wrong weeks on it. So we should be in transit next week! :)

i guess you were right  my case is now in transit !

On 5/23/2022 at 1:36 PM, Fil&Em said:

Anyone know if theres a “best” time to fill out Ds-160? 

The best time to fill out the DS-160 is when the case status on CEAC shows "Ready".  The submitted DS-160 will not expire.  The 30-day expiration is only for DS-160 in draft (filled but not submitted).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/21/2022 at 9:10 AM, keickhoff said:

We received the welcome letter, filed the Da-160, opened the account, completed all required info, but when we get to the MRV fee page it doesn't allow you to go any further.  It just states there are no appointments available please check back??

Who sent you the instructions? Our case was ready on May 10 and we still not get any instructions yet, Poland embassy said NVC should send the welcome letter and NVC said Poland embassy should send the letter, I really don’t know what to do

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

We got an email from the consulate in Argentina, with instructions to register out account.  We were able to get as far as payment of the visa fees but aren’t allowed to pay the fees until we schedule an appointment and it says no appointment times available “ check back”.  So once again we are in limbo, so frustrating!!!!

Timeline

It has been now a week since I paid the MRV fee. I still got no email from the embassy that they confirm my payment. I got a pay slip from my own bank, so for sure it has been paid and I checked the reference number and it is all okay. How long it takes to get that email?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
On 5/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, Fil&Em said:

Hey All, 

Got some mixed news today. Good news is our case is on it’s way to embassy. 

Potential bad news is that NVC sent the case to the wrong country…. 

When we originally applied my fiancé was in Ireland for work, we thought he would still be there for the interview given our original belief of the timeline (but we all know how that goes ). So in the meantime he had moved back to his original country, Portugal.  I called the NVC to tell them this and even submitted a request online with his new address and Portuguese passport like the person on the phone adviser. Alas, it is heading to Dublin. 

Praying that given this is still within the EU it might be ok??? Anyone know anything about this?? I’m trying to not overly stress, but I don’t think either of us can deal with anymore blocking points 😭

Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else deals with this… 

My fiancé contacted the embassy in Dublin and they told him they needed to send it to the proper US embassy and could not schedule his interview. PRAYING this delay does not take long, but from the other limited info I’ve seen on this looks like another 4 week delay. Really hoping it’s not that long 😭 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fil&Em said:

Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else deals with this… 

My fiancé contacted the embassy in Dublin and they told him they needed to send it to the proper US embassy and could not schedule his interview. PRAYING this delay does not take long, but from the other limited info I’ve seen on this looks like another 4 week delay. Really hoping it’s not that long 😭 

This process is so stressful and comes with 0 flexibility. If any company treated their paying customers like this, they would be out of business.. I am really sorry about another delay with your case.

Timeline
On 5/23/2022 at 5:53 PM, KK2020 said:

Hey!

Our NOA2 is 17th of April, NVC got our case on 12th of May.

i called then first time about our case number on 16th of May and no case number at that moment. Then I called them on 18th of May and they told me our case number.

Out case is still at the NVC according to their track website. Also when they assigned us the case number, there were no notice email although we registered one. And still no email 😅😅😅so if I hadn’t called them, probably we wouldn’t have learnt it until it got to the Embassy.

Did you register your email with them?

The number that you called is for immigration visas. I called 603 334 0888.

But it was before they announced suspension of the calls….

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for sharing the other number (but yes, they won't pick up that one too now)! No, we haven't had a chance to register our email with the NVC. How do you do that? Is that through the Public Inquiry Form. Because they no longer answer their phones we submitted a Public inquiry form (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html) but haven't heard anything back. We just want to know our case number so we can start tracking and now after over a year of waiting for I129F approval it feels like we are back in this "uknown void of waiting" again. It's heartbreaking. Again, thank you so much for your reply, it means a lot. Glad you have your case number)))))

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I thought when I got our case number I could make use of it, but really pretty useless for tracking it knowing where it is at because they don't update the website.  You really in limbo again until you get an email from the embassy.  Then in our case we were unable to talk get any information from anyone. The whole process is frustrating just have to try and be patient

Timeline
6 hours ago, sleepynoodle said:

Thank you so much for your reply and thanks for sharing the other number (but yes, they won't pick up that one too now)! No, we haven't had a chance to register our email with the NVC. How do you do that? Is that through the Public Inquiry Form. Because they no longer answer their phones we submitted a Public inquiry form (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html) but haven't heard anything back. We just want to know our case number so we can start tracking and now after over a year of waiting for I129F approval it feels like we are back in this "uknown void of waiting" again. It's heartbreaking. Again, thank you so much for your reply, it means a lot. Glad you have your case number)))))

Hello again J

We provided an email when we were filling out the I-129 form so I think they should have your email address.

But also there is a way to update it. Please use this PDF file page 1 to see how to update an email.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

When our case was sent to the Embassy they sent us a notice email so it seems that it works but only when they already sent cases out from NVC.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Our case was ready on May 12 and I still didn’t receive any instructions or invitation letter yet? Is this normal?

You can email to the embassy. Go to the embassy webpage and you should find some email address from contact us. I am not sure if it is better for the beneficiary (the actual visa applicant) to email them. 

I just emailed them today because there were no appointments available, and they got me back and gave me the interview date for the next week. We have DS-160 and medical done, and all documents ready :) We didnt get any letter from them either, but our case just went ready today :P

Edited by Em&Jen

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Em&Jen said:

You can email to the embassy. Go to the embassy webpage and you should find some email address from contact us. I am not sure if it is better for the beneficiary (the actual visa applicant) to email them. 

I just emailed them today because there were no appointments available, and they got me back and gave me the interview date for the next week. We have DS-160 and medical done, and all documents ready :) We didnt get any letter from them either, but our case just went ready today :P

We need interviews confirmation letter to schedule the medical examination, there is only June 6 open on the calendar and we cannot do, there is no other dates available even for the rest of the year or even in 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.