JojoandTomas

APRIL 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

237 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

Best time to call is first thing in the morning or late in the evening to avoid any extended wait times.

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to thisthreadplease read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Below you’ll find the 2022 Shipping Dates calendar I created so you can track when your case might be sent from NVC to your embassy. 

image.thumb.png.f130c755d65d3d5084df26f6f71b0126.png

Hi there! after a LONG delayed at NVC (they kicked it back to USCIS, who re-affirmed..) we got an email saying that the NVC sent our application to the embassy. When I check CEAC, it says our case is ready for an interview. However, we have not submitted a ds-160 nor have we received any further instructions from the embassy. Any idea on what we should do? fill out the ds-160 while waiting for instructions? can we schedule the interview?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

after a year to the day, finally got my NOA2 on 4/1. thank you for all of the info above - have to brush up on the process going forward. trying to live in the moment and be happy before i have to worry about next steps haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
18 hours ago, KSVJ said:

after a year to the day, finally got my NOA2 on 4/1. thank you for all of the info above - have to brush up on the process going forward. trying to live in the moment and be happy before i have to worry about next steps haha

I just saw my case was approved and I am very happy,  also hope we all get luck for next steps 

23 hours ago, LAURENAPPLESMITH said:

Hi there! after a LONG delayed at NVC (they kicked it back to USCIS, who re-affirmed..) we got an email saying that the NVC sent our application to the embassy. When I check CEAC, it says our case is ready for an interview. However, we have not submitted a ds-160 nor have we received any further instructions from the embassy. Any idea on what we should do? fill out the ds-160 while waiting for instructions? can we schedule the interview?

Please fill out your timeline so that we can see what Country’s information as the information that you receive may need to be country specific. I would say if your case is already at the embassy, you should start filling out your DS-160 but as I said previously you may need more country specific info

Timeline

I read it will take 30 days for uscis to transfer the case to NVC, why take that long? I am a web developer and I’d like to build a website for uscis and NVC share and everything can be done online for both of them and the filers, I can do it by me alone for 6 months and for free, it’s a small website and has only less than 100000 users every year for K visa and very easy 

Timeline

so should we call NVC for new case number 2 weeks after our NOA2? or it usually takes 3 weeks or so? trying to figure out the timelines on the guidance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I was reading the guidelines, it appears to me the affidavit of support is really all I will be sending to the NVC.  Also if my income tax records exceed the minimums by a significant amount I will not need to send proof of assets, or a letter from my bank verifying account balances. The majority of remaining information is the DS-160 at the time of the interview.  AmI reading this correctly?

Thanks

22 hours ago, keickhoff said:

it appears to me the affidavit of support is really all I will be sending to the NVC.

K1 do not send any documents to NVC.  All the required financial support and civil documents need to be presented at the visa interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks was just figuring that out!

The NVC does nothing but prepare mailings to send to the consulate. There is no communication necessary with NVC just hope it gets processed in a  timely manner

Thanks again

Timeline

just a note - i just called NVC to see if i have a case number yet and they said they haven't received my case from USCIS. i looked at timelines similar to mine on my timeline page and it looks like around 2 weeks from NOA2 is when people say it got to NVC, then an extra week or so for the case number. I was hoping since it's 2 weeks for me today that they would have received it, but no such luck.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, KSVJ said:

just a note - i just called NVC to see if i have a case number yet and they said they haven't received my case from USCIS. i looked at timelines similar to mine on my timeline page and it looks like around 2 weeks from NOA2 is when people say it got to NVC, then an extra week or so for the case number. I was hoping since it's 2 weeks for me today that they would have received it, but no such luck.

Sorry to hear that! I'm also from the UK so interested how long it takes you from now til you get your interview. My receipt date is May 29th (89000s), so I am not expecting anything anytime soon. I'm hoping I can finish the process before the end of July but not feeling too hopeful 😕 

Timeline
6 hours ago, DanElst said:

Sorry to hear that! I'm also from the UK so interested how long it takes you from now til you get your interview. My receipt date is May 29th (89000s), so I am not expecting anything anytime soon. I'm hoping I can finish the process before the end of July but not feeling too hopeful 😕 

I also expect to finish everything in July 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.