Corgent

JANUARY 2022 NVC SUBMISSIONS

269 posts in this topic

Submitted everything on january 26th.

Few days after that I submitted some more docs.

Status check states NVC received DS-260 on the 26th.

So I guess I am part of the january group.

If the they take "updating more docs date" as submission date I am part of the february group.

Regardless, very exciting to be one step closer to an actual move.

Edited by Leon63

1 hour ago, Leon63 said:

If the they take "updating more docs date" as submission date I am part of the february group.

Welcome to the group. We submitted our docs on Jan 21st so we will hopefully be hearing something around the same time.

I submitted by documents to NVC on 25th Jan 2021 and got an email on 9th Feb saying:

'The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.'

I have no idea how they have reviewed my documents so quickly and put me in the queue for an interview... It's worth noting mine is an EB-2 visa and they asked me to mail all my documents to NVC, my CEAC portal doesn't show any page for uploading documents.

3 minutes ago, V1Rotate said:

I submitted by documents to NVC on 25th Jan 2021 and got an email on 9th Feb saying:

'The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.'

I have no idea how they have reviewed my documents so quickly and put me in the queue for an interview... It's worth noting mine is an EB-2 visa and they asked me to mail all my documents to NVC, my CEAC portal doesn't show any page for uploading documents.

It sounds like you were able to skip the queue by mailing your documents, and they just processed them as they received them. Very lucky, that's a lot of time saved.

1 hour ago, Corgent said:

It sounds like you were able to skip the queue by mailing your documents, and they just processed them as they received them. Very lucky, that's a lot of time saved.

Yeah, you would have thought mailing would be slower than electronic but I guess not. Also I've never seen anyone on these forums be asked to mail documents in, so that  was strange.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 3:10 AM, Corgent said:

This thread is for discussion of January 2022 NVC Submissions

Submitted my civil documents on Jan 25. Then I saw a lot of people talking about how they got reviewed and were asked to submit their w-2 so i went ahead and added additional documents before they ask for it in 3 months. I was wondering though what it says for you guys when you check your status, because my says NVC received form DS-260 was submitted and documents are still requested. But i have already uploaded all the needed documents?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
12 hours ago, Leon63 said:

Does the NVC go by the date that you submitted the DS-260 or civil documents?

On 2/11/2022 at 6:32 AM, V1Rotate said:

Whoa! Congratulations! Very lucky indeed!

4 hours ago, Gozde said:

Current case review time:

Current case review time: As of 14-FEB-2022, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 11-NOV-2021.

It's gone down the last two weeks. 95 days now. Hopefully a trend.

Does anyone have an idea if NVC gets back to us quicker if we have incomplete requirements prior to the actual review or is that the actual review already? We completed the DS260 and civil docs Jan 7 and on Feb 2 (less than a month) we received a follow up correspondence from them asking for a missing document (overseas police clearance). We sent it to them the following day but haven’t heard from them since. Was the initial correspondence the actual “review”? Also, if I submitted an additional document does this mean I will start the queue all over again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.