Corgent

JANUARY 2022 NVC SUBMISSIONS

269 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2022 at 3:47 PM, Redrobot said:

That is indeed confusing! You are DQ’d at the very least. Hope to see your updates when you’re able to share them with all of us!

I now assume that my timeline had reset. No updates since April. :(

On 5/15/2022 at 5:00 PM, Redrobot said:

that’s correct: the official approval occurs at the port of entry into the United States

Official visa approval is actually when CEAC case status changes to "Issued".  A traveler needs an approved US visa before they can board a plane and present themselves at POE.  The CBP officer at POE approves or denies the application for US admission, not the visa application.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Just an update about my visa application, mailed passport to embassy on Friday they received it an hour before closing time so I'll count Monday as a processing day. Today my case went to administrative processing for a couple hours and swapped to issued not to long ago, so it took about 3 business days to complete.

Screenshot_20220518-114541_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Jrp126 said:

Just an update about my visa application, mailed passport to embassy on Friday they received it an hour before closing time so I'll count Monday as a processing day. Today my case went to administrative processing for a couple hours and swapped to issued not to long ago, so it took about 3 business days to complete.

Screenshot_20220518-114541_Chrome.jpg

Awesome! Congratulations when will you fly?

Also.... :time:

When did you file initial I-130... when NOA2 how many rounds with NVC???

Filed: IR-2 Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Awesome! Congratulations when will you fly?

Also.... :time:

When did you file initial I-130... when NOA2 how many rounds with NVC???

Probably in a month or two

130 was done online 30 April 2020 later approved in 2021 with case creation of June,

1 rfe and dq afterwards about 171 days at nvc

Good morning everyone.

Can my case be expedited based on the fact that my petitioner (my mum) is getting old and want for me to be there with her to support her financially or any other ways a child can support his mother..

I'm f24 Visa category

I'm asking because I read somewhere that expedition can only be granted based on conditions such as medical emergency surrounding the beneficiary only. 

An immigration lawyer told me that expedition cannot be granted based on any conditions surrounding the petitioner.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/20/2022 at 4:10 AM, tbo said:

Good morning, guys. 

My name is Carlos and I have been doing this process for almost 6 months. my wife and I submitted all our documents, but the marriage certificate and birth certificate were declined by NVC saying this "Part of this document is missing or is difficult to read. Please replace this with a scan that shows the complete text of the document. Please ensure all sides of every page are scanned and visible. Please visit https://nvc.state.gov/scan for further guidance.We scaned properly and it was clear. We called NVC to request more details about their message, but they told us the same thing. Do you guys have any advise or if someone has gone through the same, can you guys help us?

For marriage certificate has a lot of pages and I do not know how to become almos 6mg to 2mg that they ask in the NVC platform. 

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format:

• Complete copies of the page of the book where the marriage  was registered (copia del folio).

• They are issued on plain white paper and certified by the notary public with an original signature over either a wet seal or a sticker.

Scan front and back even if it is blank. and make sure it is translated into English. You are going to need this anyways when you come to the States, and its cheaper to translate in Colombia than here. Also, translate your birth certificate also. This will be useful when doing AOS.

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing after submission of RFE last April and replaced a requested a birth certificate document. Do I submit an inquiry and how long do you guys think the response would be?

image-2.png

image-1.png

3 minutes ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

Still nothing after submission of RFE last April and replaced a requested a birth certificate document. Do I submit an inquiry and how long do you guys think the response would be?

image-2.png

image-1.png

When did you submit your last document April 2021 or April 2022? 

NVC is currently working on cases submitted April 7, 2022 as of 21 June 2022.

ETA I think you submitted April 20, 2022? Join the April filers group to follow updates... but you will probably be reviewed 75 days from your last submission. 

Edited by ROK2USA

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, ROK2USA said:

When did you submit your last document April 2021 or April 2022? 

NVC is currently working on cases submitted April 7, 2022 as of 21 June 2022.

ETA I think you submitted April 20, 2022? Join the April filers group to follow updates... but you will probably be reviewed 75 days from your last submission. 

My son under 21 is DQ'd today. Thanks be to God!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, Southern_Belle07 said:

My son under 21 is DQ'd today. Thanks be to God!!! 

I am SOOO happy for you!!! 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

6 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

I am SOOO happy for you!!! 

Thank you very much! Wishing more DQ's this week for y'all 🙏 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.