TedBrosby

OCTOBER 2021 NVC SUBMISSIONS

238 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I figured now that it's the end of November, maybe it's time to have a thread for October 2021 submissions?  

Our submitted date is:  

Civil Documents: October 20, 2021  

AOS: September 09, 2021  

IV Submitted: September 29, 2021

The NVC timeframe as of today is:  

Current case review time: As of 29-NOV-2021, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 30-AUG-2021.

It looks like the review time is getting longer, which is slightly discouraging. I was hoping that now that the vaccine and other pandemic related lockdowns/slowdowns have eased, that their timeframes would have gotten better...  

Edited by TedBrosby

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Submitted time : Oct. 15th

keep waiting

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck to you all.

The faster you guys get processed, the faster they will get to us

We submitted in November

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, samandcarol said:

Resubmitted October 22, 2021

Based on current timelines I'm estimating mid-late January 2022?

Sounds about right. +/- 2 weeks

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Timeframes got two days faster. I think this is the first time it hasn't gotten slower on an update, for months:  

Current case review time: As of 6-DEC-2021, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 7-SEP-2021.

Timeline
17 hours ago, samandcarol said:

Resubmitted October 22, 2021

Based on current timelines I'm estimating mid-late January 2022?

Note that some people have gotten theirs DQ one to two weeks before the currently reviewing time.  

I'm just hoping I got all my documentation correct on the first go. I hate that they reset the clock, especially if they ask for something you don't have. (I haven't had a W2 yet since I've been working overseas from the country my spouse is from, I started a full time job in the US in August this year but I won't get a W2 until January when 2021 taxes are due). 

4 hours ago, TedBrosby said:

Note that some people have gotten theirs DQ one to two weeks before the currently reviewing time.  

I'm just hoping I got all my documentation correct on the first go. I hate that they reset the clock, especially if they ask for something you don't have. (I haven't had a W2 yet since I've been working overseas from the country my spouse is from, I started a full time job in the US in August this year but I won't get a W2 until January when 2021 taxes are due). 

It’s very common for the NVC to ask for W2/1099 for the current tax year, even if you have provided a tax transcript. My wife like you had no W2 due to it all being foreign income, and we got a RFE. We submitted a signed statement explaining why there was no W2 and we got DQ'd. I would recommend you add a statement like this (marked as W2) if you have not already done so, before you get reviewed. 

Edited by Saqib-s

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 19 Jan 2021: Submit I-130 to Texas Lockbox
  • 06 Mar 2021: NOA1 from Nebraska Service Center
  • 24 May 2021: NOA2 Petition Approved
  • 08 Jul 2021: NVC - Submit IV + AOS Documents 
  • 03 Sep 2021: NVC - RFE for missing W2/1099 
  • 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 08 Dec 2021: NVC - DQ (Documentarily Qualified)
  • 30 Dec 2021: NVC - Interview email (Interview on 13th Jan)
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'
  • 14 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Administrative Processing'
  • 18 Jan 2022: Case Status 'Issued'
  • 20 Jan 2022: Passport with visa collected in person
  • 14 Feb 2022: Enter USA via Dulles, airport
  • 29 Apr 2022: Green Card received in Post

2 hours ago, Saqib-s said:

It’s very common for the NVC to ask for W2/1099 for the current tax year, even if you have provided a tax transcript. My wife like you had no W2 due to it all being foreign income, and we got a RFE. We submitted a signed statement explaining why there was no W2 and we got DQ'd. I would recommend you add a statement like this (marked as W2) if you have not already done so, before you get reviewed. 

@TedBrosby

this is what we submitted, change to suit your circumstance , especially if you have 1099 for investment accounts / savings etc. 

image.png.2ccc077bedf5adb9aea7a6ece836f70b.png

If you find my post helpful please hit the 🤍 heart icon and hit 'Like' or 'Thanks'.    

• 09 Sep 2021: NVC - Re-submit: 1099 Co-sponsor + explanation for petitioner missing W2
  • 13 Jan 2022: London Embassy - Interview; approved pending arrival of Medical results - case status 'Refused'

Timeline

It looks like the timeline has been moving forward at basically a 1:1 day pace for the first time in months.  

Current review time as of 12/13 is documents submitted up to 09/13.  

Last timeframe update was 12/06 and 09/07.  

Good news for October files?

Timeline
On 12/9/2021 at 2:51 PM, Saqib-s said:

I'm just going to wait since we're so close. I don't want to reset the clock voluntarily.  

I'll just hope for the best.  

This entire process has made me disgusted about the way our government treats citizens. 

25 minutes ago, TedBrosby said:

I'm just going to wait since we're so close. I don't want to reset the clock voluntarily.  

I'll just hope for the best.  

This entire process has made me disgusted about the way our government treats citizens. 

We've seen many on here submit additional documents before being reviewed and find that it did not reset the clock. 

We've also seen many people, like the post below, who was reviewed recently get RFE for no W2. 

Appreciate you do not want to take the risk and that's your call. Wish you the best. 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Saqib-s said:

We've seen many on here submit additional documents before being reviewed and find that it did not reset the clock. 

We've also seen many people, like the post below, who was reviewed recently get RFE for no W2. 

Appreciate you do not want to take the risk and that's your call. Wish you the best. 

You're saying that if I add an additional document, it won't send me to the back of the line? I just have to submit it before the first review?  

Also sorry one more question, but which category should I put this statement in? There's one for tax returns and one for proof of income, I'm guessing the tax return section?

Edited by TedBrosby

4 minutes ago, TedBrosby said:

You're saying that if I add an additional document, it won't send me to the back of the line? I just have to submit it before the first review?

Yep that's correct, officially each time you hit submit it resets the clock, but we've seen many add docuemtns before being reviewed and they get reviewed on their original submission date. If you look through the Sep and Aug threads you'll see these posted there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.