Corgent

JANUARY 2022 NVC SUBMISSIONS

269 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, LS8996 said:

Hello all! Yeah January is approaching soon… has anyone submitted w2 copies with their transcript? I uploaded my 2020 transcript and I’m seeing people who have had rfe for w2…. I’m thinking about uploading a copy today… should I do that?

thanks… my document submission date is January 11 to 12 

If the taxes (latest) that were attached to the I-864 form were filed as Married Filing Jointly, then yes, you need to upload W2s of the sponsor to show they meet the income limits  on their own (meaning spouse income is not included in meeting the minimum requirement).

If not, you should be fine

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

13 minutes ago, etrangais said:

If the taxes (latest) that were attached to the I-864 form were filed as Married Filing Jointly, then yes, you need to upload W2s of the sponsor to show they meet the income limits  on their own (meaning spouse income is not included in meeting the minimum requirement).

If not, you should be fine

Okay thanks … I filed 2020 as HoH and all is my income.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LS8996 said:

Okay thanks … I filed 2020 as HoH and all is my income.

That is exactly what I did and we were DQ with no issues

We did not upload W2 with our I-864 AoS package

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Anyone concerned they might start asking for taxes (or a letter explaining lack of taxes) after April 15th? I submitted a few days before tax season started and should get DQ'd a few days after it ends so I'm hoping we don't get an inexperienced NVC reviewer pulling something weird due to our lack of 2021 taxes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Corgent said:

Anyone concerned they might start asking for taxes (or a letter explaining lack of taxes) after April 15th? I submitted a few days before tax season started and should get DQ'd a few days after it ends so I'm hoping we don't get an inexperienced NVC reviewer pulling something weird due to our lack of 2021 taxes.

How long since you submitted your documents? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Corgent said:

We uploaded and submitted 2021 tax returns and 1099s as additional documents just in case, hopefully they won’t reset our process. Our first submit date is January 19th, additional documents submitted on March 25th. It would be awful if we have to wait 3 more months just because of this.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Iamornext said:

Is this normal? When I submitted everything document it didn’t have the “add sponsor or house hold member.”

855EB088-4E76-4F3D-9F2E-8520C0CAD182.jpeg

It is normal. Those are for you to add additional house hold members or joint sponsor(s) if you have. Nothing to worry about.

3 minutes ago, kmlcbi61 said:

We uploaded and submitted 2021 tax returns and 1099s as additional documents just in case, hopefully they won’t reset our process. Our first submit date is January 19th, additional documents submitted on March 25th. It would be awful if we have to wait 3 more months just because of this.

We're debating doing the same.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Corgent said:

We're debating doing the same.

Take a look at this thread. There are some people that done it without having any trouble. 

5 minutes ago, kmlcbi61 said:

Did you also upload a new I-864 to change your 3 most recent tax years from "2020, 2019, 2018" to "2021, 2020, and 2019"?

Timeline
Just now, Corgent said:

Did you also upload a new I-864 to change your 3 most recent tax years from "2020, 2019, 2018" to "2021, 2020, and 2019"?

No, we didn’t touch I-864 since it is a main document, thinking it might reset the process. Just uploaded tax return etc as additional documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.