SJordanS

RFE of exactly what we gave at interview !!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Unbelievable!! What is going on with these immigration officers!!?? Wondering if anyone else had the same happen...

So my husbands green card interview was 11/08 . We felt it was going well but then to our surprise the immigration officer could not find his medical on file that he should have been able to access from DHS. He checked his computer multiple times. Said he wasn't sure why it wasn't present. My husband confirmed on his arrival he handed it to DHS officer. He said you did correctly but there is no copy here. My husband never got ANY COPY at the time he took his medical either. I was a bit concerned but I.O. didn't seem too concerned and would email for a copy. Gave us a white paper saying it would be in review. I knew we would get that now that there was NO MEDICAL on file. Then today I got notified on the app tracker there was an update. Sure enough it was an RFE. Just not what I thought it would be....
Now mind you at the interview the officer only asked for birth certificate, marriage certificate, ID's and passports to make copies. We felt rushed. After the questions we saw he was ready to let us go but then I asked him "Sir, don't you need evidence and photos?" He said "Uhh what do you have?" I said "Everything you need" and showed him the huge stack of evidence. I sprayed it across the table like a deck of cards. I had receipts, chat logs, an entire photo album with years of photos, joint evidence. He said "Pick out 6 pictures and Ill take the chat logs (dating back to 2017 mind you) and the joint evidence." Today the RFE asked for everything I gave him...IN PERSON. I mean WTH? Anyone else get the same? I even gave him originals! I honestly thought it would be an RFE for a new medical but geez. Ill send it all over but the (removed)....
Edited by Unlockable
Inappropriate language

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

*** This is, once again, a reminder that inappropriate language is not allowed on the forum. Please post accordingly.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Post the RFE in its entirety.

It likely doesnt say what you presume or for the reasons you are presuming.

6 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Now mind you at the interview the officer only asked for birth certificate, marriage certificate, ID's and passports to make copies. We felt rushed. After the questions we saw he was ready to let us go but then I asked him "Sir, don't you need evidence and photos?" He said "Uhh what do you have?" I said "Everything you need" and showed him the huge stack of evidence. 

PS. AOS requires a Marriage Certificate. You don't NEED anything else.

Marriage evidence is submitted with ROC. You NEED it for ROC.

Timeline
6 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Post the RFE in its entirety.

It likely doesnt say what you presume or for the reasons you are presuming.

Im not sure how to upload it? It asked for a list of evidence....exactly what he took. Plus a police certificate clearance as well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
41 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Im not sure how to upload it? It asked for a list of evidence....exactly what he took. Plus a police certificate clearance as well. 

A police certificate for an I-485 case is unusual.  

Sometimes USCIS asks for inane things and that’s when you wish you had competent legal representation at your side.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, SJordanS said:

Take a photo, black out identifying info (name, address etc) and attach it as a file to your post. 

Edited by beloved_dingo

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline
19 hours ago, Mike E said:

A police certificate for an I-485 case is unusual.  

Sometimes USCIS asks for inane things and that’s when you wish you had competent legal representation at your side.  

Ii regret not having a lawyer present. Police Certificate is totally ridiculous. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On 11/16/2021 at 10:45 PM, SJordanS said:
Unbelievable!! What is going on with these immigration officers!!?? Wondering if anyone else had the same happen...

So my husbands green card interview was 11/08 . We felt it was going well but then to our surprise the immigration officer could not find his medical on file that he should have been able to access from DHS. He checked his computer multiple times. Said he wasn't sure why it wasn't present. My husband confirmed on his arrival he handed it to DHS officer. He said you did correctly but there is no copy here. My husband never got ANY COPY at the time he took his medical either. I was a bit concerned but I.O. didn't seem too concerned and would email for a copy. Gave us a white paper saying it would be in review. I knew we would get that now that there was NO MEDICAL on file. Then today I got notified on the app tracker there was an update. Sure enough it was an RFE. Just not what I thought it would be....
Now mind you at the interview the officer only asked for birth certificate, marriage certificate, ID's and passports to make copies. We felt rushed. After the questions we saw he was ready to let us go but then I asked him "Sir, don't you need evidence and photos?" He said "Uhh what do you have?" I said "Everything you need" and showed him the huge stack of evidence. I sprayed it across the table like a deck of cards. I had receipts, chat logs, an entire photo album with years of photos, joint evidence. He said "Pick out 6 pictures and Ill take the chat logs (dating back to 2017 mind you) and the joint evidence." Today the RFE asked for everything I gave him...IN PERSON. I mean WTH? Anyone else get the same? I even gave him originals! I honestly thought it would be an RFE for a new medical but geez. Ill send it all over but the (removed)....

RFE FRONT.pdf RFE BACK.pdf

18 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

Take a photo, black out identifying info (name, address etc) and attach it as a file to your post. 

I added it as a comment to my original post. Seems I could not edit my original. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Unfortunately all you can really do is respond to the RFE with any and all evidence that you have, and specifically address each point in the RFE whether you have those documents or not. I definitely understand your anger and frustration, but the best way to resolve the problem is to do what they ask. 

You mention in your original post that you also gave the IO original documents. Do not mail originals to USCIS, only copies. Were any of the originals you provided relevant to the RFE? And if so, can you get new copies of those documents to re-submit?

Edited by beloved_dingo

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.