402 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2023 at 4:15 PM, Lightbird said:

Got also a 48 month extension letter today. The status online still can't seem to update (can't retrieve information at this point error) and is still stuck at fingerprints.

Hopefully that n400 will get it moving

Were you here on a K1 or is this only for CR1 people? I haven’t heard anything from the texas processing center. Just said biometrics taken last March and i for my I797 notice on 12/11/21

1 minute ago, Kyuutie said:

My green card has my married name and my passport has my maiden, i will be booking under me maiden name what should I carry alongside to ensure I don’t get denied? Thanks!

I don't have a definite answer for that but if I were you, I would carry any and all documents that show that I have changed my name, my marriage certificate as well as any state ID or anything that shows you are the same person. The best evidence would definitely be any name change confirmation/ certificate you can produce, but to be on the safe side, get a free consultation from an attorney or call USCIS if they could suggest anything. 

• 04/20/2018 - Got Married
  • 05/16/2019 - I130, I485, I765, I131 sent to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/20/2019 - Package delivered to Chicago Lock box
  • 05/27/2019 - Received text receipt for all 4 applications
  • 05/28/2019 - Check encash by USCIS
  • 05/31/2019 - Received all 4 Paper NOAs (I130 sent to my wife's address, the other 3 sent to my address: we're currently working in separate states)
  • 8/16/2019 - 1st Biometrics notice: only for I-485 scheduled for 9/6/2019 (no status change online)
  • 8/23/2019 - 2nd Biometrics notice: scheduled for 9/11/2019 this time for I-765 EAD (no status change online)
  • 9/6/2019 - Biometric Appointment - ASC completed both I-485 and I-765 on the same day (I took both letters)
  • 9/6/2019 - Online Status Change: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview (I-485)
  • 9/9/2019 - Online Status Change: Fingerprint review completed (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 10/8/2019 - Online Status Change: Interview was Scheduled
  • 10/15/2019 - I-485 interview notification letter received in mail
  • 11/01/2019 - Expedite requested online for I765 (no supporting doc provided)
  • 11/19/2019 - I485 Interview Day!
  • 11/19/2019 - New card Ordered for I - 485 (right after I-485 interview, originally told will get to know in a week)
  • 11/19/2019 - New Card Ordered for I-765 (They approved the expedite request)
  • 11/21/2019 - Case is Approved (I-485, I130, I131, I765)
  • 11/21/2019 - Card mailed to me for I-765
  • 11/22/2019 - Card Mailed to me for Green Card
  • 11/22/2019 - Card was picked up by USPS (included tracking no.) both GC and EAD
  • 11/25/2019 - EAD and Greencard both got delivered
  • 11/26/2019 - Approval letter received for all petitions

On 2/27/2023 at 2:41 PM, MarryMe987654 said:

I just got an update on my N400 saying that my interview was scheduled for April 5th today. My ROC still says fingerprint was reused. N400 filed on December 10, 2022; ROC filed on December 22, 2021. I might have to add a letter to my application to request for a combo interview. 

Gotta start studying now... 😬

Can I apply for N400 while waiting for my physical green card? I just have an extension as of now but I’m past the 3 year marriage window

11 minutes ago, Kyuutie said:

Can I apply for N400 while waiting for my physical green card? I just have an extension as of now but I’m past the 3 year marriage window

Have you been an LPR for 3 years already? Are you at AOS stage (do not have GC) or removal of conditions stage (have 2 year GC)? If you have your 2 year GC, what is the Resident Since date on it?

You need to be Resident Since before June 17th, 2020 to apply for N-400 today.

Edited by OldUser

17 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Have you been an LPR for 3 years already? Are you at AOS stage (do not have GC) or removal of conditions stage (have 2 year GC)? If you have your 2 year GC, what is the Resident Since date on it?

You need to be Resident Since before June 17th, 2020 to apply for N-400 today.

I’ve been a LPR since 1/21/20 that expired 1/21/22 and currently at the removal of conditions stage with an extension for 24 months expiring this december

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Kyuutie said:

Were you here on a K1 or is this only for CR1 people? I haven’t heard anything from the texas processing center. Just said biometrics taken last March and i for my I797 notice on 12/11/21

I was on CR1 but I think it's for everyone. The officer at my interview told me they are completely swamped with the I-751s .

I am sure they will send you one, for me it came out of the blue since my previous notice already had a year left on it.

1 hour ago, Kyuutie said:

It doesn't have anything to do with which visa a person originally came to the US on.  

30 minutes ago, Kyuutie said:

I’ve been a LPR since 1/21/20 that expired 1/21/22 and currently at the removal of conditions stage

Yes, you can apply for citizenship if you're still married to the same US citizen and living in marital union. Also, you need to make sure you haven't had any overseas trips over 180 days on any given trip. Also, you needed to spend at least 18 months in the US in the last 3 years. If you don't have convictions and have all of those conditions met, you can apply for N-400 today.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:25 PM, Kyuutie said:

I've been an LPR since 3/3/2020 and I've already applied for N400 on the basis of being married to the same USC for 3 years; I've been out of the country once for only 3 months since I immigrated in 2019.

Your LPR date is older so you should qualify now. Of course, make sure that you meet the requirements for applying for N400 (no excessive stay overseas, and married to the same USC). Goodluck!

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

May 3, 2024: Ordered marriage certificate and death certificate from PSA online

May 9, 2024: Received email from PSA that marriage cert is blurred/eligible--will need 15 more days for reverification

May 22, 2024: Marriage Cert received from PSA (death cert was delivered 2 weeks earlier)

May 23, 2024: Uploaded new files to the CEAC website

May 29, 2024: Documentary Qualified

On 3/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, amalam said:

I don't have a definite answer for that but if I were you, I would carry any and all documents that show that I have changed my name, my marriage certificate as well as any state ID or anything that shows you are the same person. The best evidence would definitely be any name change confirmation/ certificate you can produce, but to be on the safe side, get a free consultation from an attorney or call USCIS if they could suggest anything. 

It’s so hard to get a hold of someone at USCIS i can’t get past the robot 😆

On 3/17/2023 at 7:13 PM, Kyuutie said:

My green card has my married name and my passport has my maiden, i will be booking under me maiden name what should I carry alongside to ensure I don’t get denied? Thanks!

I've done many trips like this and only thing you need is a marriage certificate. I only ever needed it to board the plane, the CBP officers never wanted to see it.

Received my 48 month extension a week or so ago, expiry date on my physical card is 03/18/2022 and they issued the new extension on March 6.
I'm really thankful, we moved states so this confirmed that they updated my address correctly and also prevents a 3-4 hour trip one way to get the stamp for at least a little while!
We're at Potomac so....who knows how much longer I'll be waiting 😥

Update: I went to my N400 interview and while I requested combo interview, the officer didn't get my file in time. He said I've submitted enough in the N400 to get the I-751 approved (and implied that there won't be another interview), but he gave me no timeline. So back to waiting on decision 😑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.