402 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi

Today my case is updated as 'Case was updated to Show Fingerprint taken'.

Questions

1. Does it mean fingerprint from I-131/I-485 is applied and i don't need to do Biometrics again?

2. Will I get an official mail from USCIS on the same

Service Center is Vermont

Case Received Date -> 13th Dec

Receipt Notice Date -> 20th Dec

1 hour ago, Nive86 said:

Hi

Today my case is updated as 'Case was updated to Show Fingerprint taken'.

Questions

1. Does it mean fingerprint from I-131/I-485 is applied and i don't need to do Biometrics again?

2. Will I get an official mail from USCIS on the same

Service Center is Vermont

Case Received Date -> 13th Dec

Receipt Notice Date -> 20th Dec

Yes, they are applying the previous fingerprints, if they can. People have reported receiving letters from USCIS regarding the fingerprints. They usually get the letter about 6-8 weeks after filing. 

Our case status was updated to the "fingerprints received" notice today, too!  We are at Nebraska.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Package was sent on the 27th, it arrived on the 28th and I got an email from the bank on the 29th that they charged my debit.

So hopefully I will get a notification that they received it at some point. They must have really wanted the money considering how fast they charged.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
9 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Potomac is the service center located in Arlington, VA. Not sure if the word 'Potomac' means anything else.

Once USCIS confirms that they received your packet, they will give you the receipt number. The first three letters of the receipt number will determine your service center. If it starts with YSC, then your application will be processed in Potomac.

Thanks for explaining. Mine is WAC!

Did anyone here who has already mailed their application pay using the form G-1450 (authorization for credit card transaction) instead of a check/money order?

I'm not sure if this form can be used for the I-751 application, and USCIS webpage doesn't really help clarifying it.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:17 AM, ujones said:

Our was received Monday too. Used credit card & was charged on Wednesday & got a text yday evening .. sure yours will come soon too. 

Did you use the G-1450 form? I'm curious whether I can pay for the application that way or only check/money order will be accepted. 

2 hours ago, Hend95 said:

Did anyone here who has already mailed their application pay using the form G-1450 (authorization for credit card transaction) instead of a check/money order?

I'm not sure if this form can be used for the I-751 application, and USCIS webpage doesn't really help clarifying it.

Yes, we used the credit card authorization form as well. The card was processed a day or so after our package was received. 

Informed Delivery showed a mail coming from USCIS.

Anyone else bothered by this?

image.png.24505fc612653057f998c2809b2adde2.png

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

1 hour ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Informed Delivery showed a mail coming from USCIS.

Anyone else bothered by this?

image.png.24505fc612653057f998c2809b2adde2.png

It's mostly likely your NOA

1 hour ago, Jana H said:

It's mostly likely your NOA

Yeah, it's probably my NOA but I was referring to 'IMMAGRATION' in the return address.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

Apr 23, 2024: CEAC website shows "Paid"

Apr 25, 2024: Uploaded Civil and Financial documents

May 1, 2024: Documents accepted except for marriage certificate (unreadable) and death certificate (wrong file)

1 hour ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Yeah, it's probably my NOA but I was referring to 'IMMAGRATION' in the return address.

I can’t believe they still haven’t fixed that problem. It’s been happening for months. 

21 hours ago, Lightbird said:

Package was sent on the 27th, it arrived on the 28th and I got an email from the bank on the 29th that they charged my debit.

So hopefully I will get a notification that they received it at some point. They must have really wanted the money considering how fast they charged.

They needed it to make the last payroll of the calendar year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.