Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, mike_b2020 said:

My understanding is it’s the interview appointment email, which used to be called packet 4. I also booked my medical yesterday, they didn’t mention packet 4, only the email letter. 

Question I have is how many passport photos do we have to bring to the Exam? Medical office website says 4, but embassy says 5. And assuming it’s US photo specifications, not Canada? 

It depends on the doctor. Dr Mascarenhas takes his own pictures. The purpose is just to attach your picture to the file to send to the embassy so they can be sure you were the one who did the medical. I would bring as many as the doctor says and US green card size.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, mike_b2020 said:

My understanding is it’s the interview appointment email, which used to be called packet 4. I also booked my medical yesterday, they didn’t mention packet 4, only the email letter. 

Question I have is how many passport photos do we have to bring to the Exam? Medical office website says 4, but embassy says 5. And assuming it’s US photo specifications, not Canada? 

Okay thank you for the clarification! The woman I spoke with must have been misinformed on that. 

I was told to bring 5 passport photos taken within the past 6 months with the backs date-stamped, and yeah it would be US passport specifications. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, lemurianelf said:

She's misinformed. I believe the packet 4 was an old thing they used to send in the mail. Who is the doctor?

I had a feeling that was the case! I am booked with Dr. Michel Lapointe. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

FWIW K-1 applicants get an actual packet 4; yes, for this category it just means interview letter. 

#protip People who have correctly completed their VJ timelines put the date they receive their IL in the packet 4 field...

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
50 minutes ago, JJ1008 said:

I had a feeling that was the case! I am booked with Dr. Michel Lapointe. 

So you're going to the montreal one? I was booked there and they cancelled on me two days before. They are the worst doctor and most expensive. And I heard they often forget to send the results for two weeks to the embassy so you may get refused and delayed as a result by weeks

Timeline
9 minutes ago, lemurianelf said:

So you're going to the montreal one? I was booked there and they cancelled on me two days before. They are the worst doctor and most expensive. And I heard they often forget to send the results for two weeks to the embassy so you may get refused and delayed as a result by weeks

Yeah, I live closest to it and would rather not travel far, so hopefully it goes smoothly. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/15/2022 at 2:57 PM, kkeys said:

Pods and UHaul are both around 5k for me 🥴 Any other suggestions of shipping freight etc?

If you can manage UHaul to rent and move yourself, it's quite economical.  We have a truck and rented a trailer for a week and it was around $750 CAD all in, YYC to IAH.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
16 minutes ago, mam521 said:

If you can manage UHaul to rent and move yourself, it's quite economical.  We have a truck and rented a trailer for a week and it was around $750 CAD all in, YYC to IAH.  

I have an SUV that I'm taking for a bit but I can't tow with it unfortunately. I am going to try a roof rack, and also see if anyone local to me would bring a suitcase along with them if they're headed that way between now and then! 

Timeline
On 11/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, waterlooengineer said:

Hey VJ team,

I had my interview this morning at 8:30 am and was approved on spot!

I carried all the documents that I had uploaded for NVC: Sponsor's i864 and taxes docs, Joint sponsor's i864 and taxes docs, all my civil documents. They only asked for the original police certificate ( I had 2 original and 1 copy but they accepted that), my birth certificate and marriage certificate. 

I showed up at the consulate around 8:20 and was let in immediately. There were no line ups fortunately (when I was leaving around 10 am, there was a line outside of about 12-15 people). 

Inside the building, first thing was security. That took a good 10-15 minutes. There were 3 families in front of me. Mine was done in less than a minute. Deposited my cell phone and apple watch in the locker and up I went. It took about 50ish minutes for my number to be called and I submitted all the documents at the first counter. This is where the first set of fingerprints were taken. As mentioned, only my civil documents were asked and nothing else. Then I returned to my seat. As soon as I sat, my number showed up again, this time at a different counter. I thought it was for the interview and was surprised it only took a min. Lol turns out it was an error on their side and the lady at the counter asked me for my passport and civil docs, to which I told that I am already done with the process. She said sorry, that was an error on their side and told me she will forward me to the interview. I went back to sitting and then in about 10 minutes, my number was called again. This is where the interview took place. The interviewer was a very nice lady. 

Asked the general questions. How did me and my spouse met. What is my job. And my travel history. She took my left hand fingerprints and said she is approving my visa. 

I was done with the entire process in about 90 minutes and was out of the building around 10 am. 

TBH I was stressed about being put into admin processing, since I have lived in the middle east and have visited certain countries that US treats as high risk. But I am glad it was a smooth process.

I stayed at the Marriot hotel which is about a 6 min walk to the consulate. Since my interview was on Monday morning, we made a trip out of it and stayed the entire weekend. 

Status was change to issued around 12:30 pm today so that was pretty fast!! 

All in all a good and a smooth interview experience. Thanks VJ fam!

Update. Received my passport today via Puralotor. I paid the extra delivery fee to get it delivered to my home. 

Visa approved and stamped: Nov 14th

Passport pick up: Nov 15th

Passport Delivered: Nov 18th

@Hawk Riders can you please update the tracking sheet.

Timeline
3 hours ago, lemurianelf said:

what time was your appointment at the office? i asked what the odds are of them canceling our appointment and he said it’s rare especially if your medical appt is in the morning 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, NYQC said:

what time was your appointment at the office? i asked what the odds are of them canceling our appointment and he said it’s rare especially if your medical appt is in the morning 

It was 1pm. The doctor supposedly got covid. They then gave me attitude and told me only appointment they had was on the same day as the interview. "Maybe if you hurry at the interview you can come after?" I was dumbfounded.

If you don't believe me read the reviews on Google.

Timeline

So I just completed my interview registration, and not being cautious I left the DS 260 application number field blank and submitted, it appeared to be an optional field, not mandatory. Now I can’t go back and edit it, thought I would have been able to..

Anyone else left it blank and had issues at the interview and courier delays because of that? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, mike_b2020 said:

So I just completed my interview registration, and not being cautious I left the DS 260 application number field blank and submitted, it appeared to be an optional field, not mandatory. Now I can’t go back and edit it, thought I would have been able to..

Anyone else left it blank and had issues at the interview and courier delays because of that? 

I believe you need to use your confirmation number located on the attached file you received from NVC. The application number is AA00xxxxxx

image.png

Timeline
28 minutes ago, PM Hank said:

I believe you need to use your confirmation number located on the attached file you received from NVC. The application number is AA00xxxxxx

image.png

Right I got that, but my problem now is I already submitted the interview registration with the DS260 number as empty, and now can’t go back to add it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.