Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, ksadams said:

No interview date yet. My husband and I have searched through our inboxes for the Montreal consulate email address and nothing comes up. 

What is your documentarily qualified date?  Mine is September 12th and I haven't received an interview letter this morning.   @mike_b2020 You were DQ on September 15th and got your interview letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, okkal said:

Hi All, Do we have to take the interview appointment within any time frames ? I've given for passport renewal and yet to recieve. So, do I have to update DS-260 or just bring it for Medicals and Interview ?

it is not recommended to reschedule your interview. 

try requesting expedited processing on your passport renewal & bring updated items to interview. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rick1982 said:

Hi everyone, I was DQ on September 12th and haven't received an interview later this morning.  Do you guys know if they slowly send them out during the day or over a couple of days?  Or do they just send out one batch of interview laters for the month?  

I dad on Sept 23rd, but I haven't received anything yet. I am wondering too if they send it all already or if they are going to send more. I am so nervous 😥 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Rick1982 said:

What is your documentarily qualified date?  Mine is September 12th and I haven't received an interview letter this morning.   @mike_b2020 You were DQ on September 15th and got your interview letter?

That’s right, Sept 15th DQ and got my IL today

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lele22 said:

I dad on Sept 23rd, but I haven't received anything yet. I am wondering too if they send it all already or if they are going to send more. I am so nervous 😥 

Dqd*

6 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

@okkal @CanadianGirl3 @NYQC @PM Hank @ksadams interview dates? 

Received today. January 4th! 
does anyone know if you can get your flu shot vaccine and Covid vaccination (which is required for the health screening) in the U.S.? Or do all vaccinations need to be completed in Canada.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

does anyone know if you can get your flu shot vaccine and Covid vaccination (which is required for the health screening) in the U.S.? Or do all vaccinations need to be completed in Canada.

My wife had one vaccine in Canada and the other in the US and they were accepted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CanadianGirl3 said:

Flu shot and covid need to be completed prior to medical. They will not release the medical without it. Other series of Vaccines can be finished in the US such as HepB which I think is still 3 shots. 

Read you questions wrong. They can be done prior to your medical anywhere, just need proof.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

8 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

it is not recommended to reschedule your interview. 

try requesting expedited processing on your passport renewal & bring updated items to interview. 

Thanks. Should I mention old passport (one in DS-260) or new passport in this registration site for 'create applicant' option - https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ ?

Timeline

I just booked my medical exam and the woman I spoke with mentioned that I have to bring my  Packet 4 doc to my medical appointment, but I haven't received anything that says packet 4. She said the email should come from montreal-iv-dv@state.gov but I don't see it anywhere. Is this something I should be expecting soon, or did I just not get it? Has anyone received a packet 4 email after you got your immigrant visa interview appointment email? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JJ1008 said:

I just booked my medical exam and the woman I spoke with mentioned that I have to bring my  Packet 4 doc to my medical appointment, but I haven't received anything that says packet 4. She said the email should come from montreal-iv-dv@state.gov but I don't see it anywhere. Is this something I should be expecting soon, or did I just not get it? Has anyone received a packet 4 email after you got your immigrant visa interview appointment email? 

She meant your interview email you received from nvc.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, lemurianelf said:

She meant your interview email you received from nvc.

That's what I thought, so I asked her if that's what she meant by Packet 4. I told her the email address for my interview appointment came from the email national_visa_center@state.gov, and I mentioned that it said in the letter to bring it to my medical exam, and she told me that was not it, and that it had to say Packet 4 at the bottom and include all of the instructions, so now I'm just confused. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JJ1008 said:

That's what I thought, so I asked her if that's what she meant by Packet 4. I told her the email address for my interview appointment came from the email national_visa_center@state.gov, and I mentioned that it said in the letter to bring it to my medical exam, and she told me that was not it, and that it had to say Packet 4 at the bottom and include all of the instructions, so now I'm just confused. 

My understanding is it’s the interview appointment email, which used to be called packet 4. I also booked my medical yesterday, they didn’t mention packet 4, only the email letter. 

Question I have is how many passport photos do we have to bring to the Exam? Medical office website says 4, but embassy says 5. And assuming it’s US photo specifications, not Canada? 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, JJ1008 said:

She's misinformed. I believe the packet 4 was an old thing they used to send in the mail. Who is the doctor?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.