Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~I tried to find all the posts regarding the supplemental form DS-5535 and split them to their own thread. It will help members support each other going through that while keeping this thread more focused on the DQ topic. Please follow the link below if you have received a request to fill out this form or have any help or support for those who have.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my SO the link of where our application is at NVC and we may get movement by December or January. He responded if this was when he can interview, when I said no, he felt so defeated. Like I've been the one doing almost all of the process and it's kind of upsetting that he brings so much negative energy about it. Sigh. I'm just ranting here and super thankful for all of your updates as it means I can better plan for when we will have good news. Here's to hoping a spring interview (that is if we have great movement on the spreadsheet!)

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Booey_US_CA said:

I sent my SO the link of where our application is at NVC and we may get movement by December or January. He responded if this was when he can interview, when I said no, he felt so defeated. Like I've been the one doing almost all of the process and it's kind of upsetting that he brings so much negative energy about it. Sigh. I'm just ranting here and super thankful for all of your updates as it means I can better plan for when we will have good news. Here's to hoping a spring interview (that is if we have great movement on the spreadsheet!)

It's a tough journey and the uncertainty of the timeline can really drive you crazy. Hang in there!

I do think things will get better moving forward.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Mintaftertaste said:

Anyone got their SSN in the mail?

I'm thinking about not waiting and going to the SSN office myself.

How long has it been since you activated your visa?

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

9 minutes ago, mam521 said:

How long has it been since you activated your visa?

I know I have to give it two weeks since my POE date (I arrived at the beginning of this week)

But I have seen people rely on the DS-260 application in which they stated they wanted it generated for them, only to learn months later that DHS hasn't even forwarded their file to SSN office

So I just want to take matters into my own hands and go forward and make an appointment at the SSN myself. I wanted to see if anyone could give a timeline for when they got their card mailed to them (some got them in 10 days! others have waited 3-6 months!-

or have been told to wait which I don't want to do-as if we haven't waiting enough)

Edited by Mintaftertaste

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mintaftertaste said:

I know I have to give it two weeks since my POE date (I arrived at the beginning of this week)

But I have seen people rely on the DS-260 application in which they stated they wanted it generated for them, only to learn months later that DHS hasn't even forwarded their file to SSN office

So I just want to take matters into my own hands and go forward and make an appointment at the SSN myself. I wanted to see if anyone could give a timeline for when they got their card mailed to them (some got them in 10 days! others have waited 3-6 months!-

or have been told to wait which I don't want to do-as if we haven't waiting enough)

Yeah, you have to give it a bit more time.  If you haven't gotten it in another 2 weeks, I'd go to the SSA.  

Also keep in mind the SSA seems to suffer from next to no training and hire very jobsworth types.  So, your first challenge will be determining IF your SSA office is open.  Secondly, it will be convincing the local office that you can, indeed, apply for a SSN with your MRIV and do not require your physical greencard to do so. 

You don't need your SSN to begin working.  Your temporary I-551 will be sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the I-9.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Hi! Got my interview and approved October 25? CEAC status is ISSUED and no changes until now. Anxiously waiting for the tracking number or any movement at all. Hopefully I could make it to the US in time for Thanksgiving. How long does it usually takes for the email of tracking number? Thanks

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hi! Got my interview and approved October 25? CEAC status is ISSUED and no changes until now. Anxiously waiting for the tracking number or any movement at all. Hopefully I could make it to the US in time for Thanksgiving. How long does it usually takes for the email of tracking number? Thanks

In the same boat, interview and approved on the 25th :) I've seen a few comments on here about them batch shipping passports on Fridays so keep an eye out for a tracking number tomorrow :) Good luck!

2 hours ago, ANL said:

In the same boat, interview and approved on the 25th :) I've seen a few comments on here about them batch shipping passports on Fridays so keep an eye out for a tracking number tomorrow :) Good luck!

There is an update on CEAC for those interviewed on October 25th …mine just changed to final processing 

2 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

There is been update on CEAC for those interviewed on October 25th …mine just changed to final processing 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, goddy said:

There is been update on CEAC for those interviewed on October 25th …mine just changed to final processing 

Mine just changed to final processing too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.