Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sitting here at my desk trying not to cry… I’m super happy for everyone who got their passports today and interviews from this morning who immediately got “issued” but is anyone else who was approved this month still waiting in AP? I was approved on the 15th and everyone behind me is already ahead of me! At what point should I be concerned? It’s so hard to make plans when nothing is moving along..

Timeline
14 minutes ago, katelynns said:

Sitting here at my desk trying not to cry… I’m super happy for everyone who got their passports today and interviews from this morning who immediately got “issued” but is anyone else who was approved this month still waiting in AP? I was approved on the 15th and everyone behind me is already ahead of me! At what point should I be concerned? It’s so hard to make plans when nothing is moving along..

Sorry to hear that. I am yet to go through the interview and post interview process, so not very familiar with the timelines, so I’m afraid I don’t have advice.

It is odd that people who interviewed after you are on their way to receive passports when you were told at the embassy that they would be issuing your visa.

I think you mentioned your status changed to issued on Friday? So perhaps the passport will be sent out sometime early this week.

I just wanted to say, I’m sorry you are going through this uncertain wait, but I do believe your passport will be issued soon. Hang in there! Hugs…

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

Just got done with my interview and got approved. Almost seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank to this thread for the help. Hopefully everyone will get their visa as soon as possible. 

question, my ceac said that its issued already. How long till I get my tracking number? Thank you. 

Question! Does it say issues with the “under administrative processing” note or the note about tracking number?

Timeline

does anyone have a copy of the paper they send you with your passport?
I just got my new credit card in the mail and went to go pay it but I can't find the sheet that gives me instructions anywhere :s (The one that gets mailed back to you with your passport)

Timeline
9 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

None of that sounds like something that normally triggers a security check... Really sounds random...

@deep2ca I am not an attorney, but what I have read before for Grounds of Inadmissability one is with Criminal Conviction/Charge, Any controlled substance offence conviction or violation, and I believe I read also about DUI charges. They may send you form asking you to provide court dismissal or dropped of the DUI charge. Hoping if that will be the case, you will able to get one easily. 

@ice-qube and to all:

I just want to share this INA § 212(a)(2); 8 U.S.C. § 1182(a)(2) for those who are interested to read more about Grounds of Inadmissability. 

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid%3AUSC-prelim-title8-section1182&num=0&edition=prelim

https://www.caircoalition.org/sites/default/files/Chart - Inadmissibility %26 Deportability Grounds.pdf

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, goddy said:

Anyone interviewed on Monday 25th ..received tracking number or some sort of movement on CEAC website

Not yet. Still just says 'issued' on CEAC.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, goddy said:

Anyone interviewed on Monday 25th ..received tracking number or some sort of movement on CEAC website

I’m still waiting from the 15th… the processing of things seems to have slowed down? And a few people on here with refusals recently too? Things seem weird in Montreal right now :( 

Timeline

Quick question perhaps with those with more experience in the topic. People who have been approved and have already traveled to the USA recently, do they qualify to any of the stimulus checks that were sent out prior to their entrance?? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, krisBui said:

Quick question perhaps with those with more experience in the topic. People who have been approved and have already traveled to the USA recently, do they qualify to any of the stimulus checks that were sent out prior to their entrance?? Thanks

You weren't a PR, so why would you qualify for a benefit when you weren't a resident? If your spouse was and was present in the US and fell under the eligibility criteria, then they should have received the benefit. 

Additionally, it was only available to people with valid SSN's. 

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
4 hours ago, goddy said:

In the past passports have been sent out on Fridays, so if you were approved I wouldn't expect to see a tracking number until then.

2 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

In the past passports have been sent out on Fridays, so if you were approved I wouldn't expect to see a tracking number until then.

2 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Thanks @gavinski91

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.