2,964 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Reister said:

C31 and C09 EAD are two different . C31 is issued when your I-360 is approved (if you marked yes on the application ) . You can get C09 (pending AOS)EAD if you are eligible to apply for I-485 . For you to be able to get C09 you have to have I-485 pending . 

Thanks alot for your response, my lawyer submitted the application with her address since I don’t have a current permanent address. It’s been 6 months she applied  the C09 noting yet. Just worried it’s taking so long for a C09 card. 

8 hours ago, balo101 said:

If you are experiencing any hardship. You can always expedite EAD. You can reach out to your congress/senator person. You can even write to Vermont and send all the documents. 

Thanks @balo101 for your response, my lawyer filled for me with her address in Tennessee but I live in California, should i contact the congress/senator in my state or the the state my lawyer used the address on file? Thanks 🙏 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, goodVibes said:

Omg my i485 status updated to “Approved” today. I had my interview in San Francisco yesterday!

Congratulations! What kind of questions were asked? My interview is in few weeks 

3 hours ago, Bshine said:

Thanks alot for your response, my lawyer submitted the application with her address since I don’t have a current permanent address. It’s been 6 months she applied  the C09 noting yet. Just worried it’s taking so long for a C09 card. 

It’s taking way longer than it should nowadays. At least the good news is they started issuing 2-year EAD’s now so that should be enough till your case gets adjudicated . Also if you want to reach out to your congressman. Reach out to one that you reside in . 
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

put your zip code it will tell you who represents your district . You can go to their website and click on help with federal agencies . You should have all the info you need to complete the privacy release forms so they could inquire on your behalf . Good Luck !

1 hour ago, Reister said:

It’s taking way longer than it should nowadays. At least the good news is they started issuing 2-year EAD’s now so that should be enough till your case gets adjudicated . Also if you want to reach out to your congressman. Reach out to one that you reside in . 
https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

put your zip code it will tell you who represents your district . You can go to their website and click on help with federal agencies . You should have all the info you need to complete the privacy release forms so they could inquire on your behalf . Good Luck !

Yes, the good news is the EAD has 2 years expire currently.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello Family! Yesterday I had my appointment for biometrics (again…)

my initial fingerprints were applied to my case in 2018 when I applied currently I485 and I360. 
my vawa was approved in August after almost 3 years. 

hope this part of the process would be “fast”. I heard here that nyc is on 12/16 months of wait. (Per real timeline experiences, not looking at the processing case online)

13 hours ago, Bshine said:

Thanks @balo101 for your response, my lawyer filled for me with her address in Tennessee but I live in California, should i contact the congress/senator in my state or the the state my lawyer used the address on file? Thanks 🙏 

you should reach out to your congress person in the state you live. You can look up by your zip code.

56 minutes ago, Lulu oz said:

Is it ok if the interview is still had at your lawyer’s address, I mean can that be a problem? 

it depends.

I think someone posted in this forum that USCIS had to reschedule his/her interview since that person moved to different state while case was pending and interview notice was sent to old state (address). The new state has jurisdiction over their case. 

I personally know 2 cases where application had interview notices sitting at the lawyers office and they have changed the address since they have moved. (within the same city).

In your case i would say if you have moved then attend the interview  and let the officer know that you have moved. 

15 hours ago, Tyo said:

Congratulations! What kind of questions were asked? My interview is in few weeks 

Thank you!! The IO was a very no-nonsense, direct lady. My lawyer accompanied me….

The main theme of the interview was 

“dates are important”

”originals are important”

she asked me for the name of the abuser, the date of our marriage, if my abuser was a citizen (he is naturalized), the original divorce decree and its date, the i797s of visas/ APs I used to enter the US, my employment history, my current employer & proof, standard yes/no questions on the i485, original medicals i693, form i94

Edited by goodVibes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.