Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

No joy today trying to get ID. Super frustrating as I showed the supervisor the dps website, clearly showing applicants going through AOS can apply for ID. She insisted I do not meet the criteria since their brochure states valid I-94 ONLY. Their own website states AOS category that alien registration number OR valid I-94.

Trying my best not to be down about it as nothing else has happened in this wait since my biometrics taken at the end of November.

Congratulations to those having EADs approved! Super congratulations to those with upcoming interviews and green card!

I take it you are in Texas? sound like the supervisor is not aware of their own rules or hasn't dealt with our situation before. If you can or want, I suggest go to a different city, like Dallas, to try again. You are correct in only needing the alien registration number OR case number for them to verify your legal status in the country through the SAVE system. I'm in Wichita Falls, and the DPS here told me they couldn't verify me through SAVE (total BS because they didn't even check) and told me they had to verify directly with DHS. So they took all my docs (USCIS receipts, passport, SSN, etc.), made a copy and sent them through. It took DHS about a month to give them an answer. I later got a letter from them saying they were ready to give me my driver's license (but you can check the status through the DPS website so you don't have to call or go every other week). 

23 minutes ago, gflores16 said:

I take it you are in Texas? sound like the supervisor is not aware of their own rules or hasn't dealt with our situation before. If you can or want, I suggest go to a different city, like Dallas, to try again. You are correct in only needing the alien registration number OR case number for them to verify your legal status in the country through the SAVE system. I'm in Wichita Falls, and the DPS here told me they couldn't verify me through SAVE (total BS because they didn't even check) and told me they had to verify directly with DHS. So they took all my docs (USCIS receipts, passport, SSN, etc.), made a copy and sent them through. It took DHS about a month to give them an answer. I later got a letter from them saying they were ready to give me my driver's license (but you can check the status through the DPS website so you don't have to call or go every other week). 

Thank you for your words of encouragement and your own process. I may consider Dallas. Husband and I are preparing a trip there soon.

What was super frustrating was when she stated to me that I would NOT be eligible for ID even AFTER getting a SSN #🧐So, you’re telling me you work for a government department and yet I cannot get ID from your department, even though my SSN is issued from another government agency?

Going to remain thankful that I am here with my husband and family and not pout, as there are many separated and not going through this as I am. All will work out in the end. I just was so excited to have this appointment booked and it going the way it did was super deflating.

Thanks again for your support🌻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hi everyone. We filed in October 2021, biometrics were in November, and I thought how great everything goes fast. Yet I am still waiting for EAD. I see a lot of people getting their cards, is anyone still waiting? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, jayjayk said:

Hi everyone. We filed in October 2021, biometrics were in November, and I thought how great everything goes fast. Yet I am still waiting for EAD. I see a lot of people getting their cards, is anyone still waiting? 

Still waiting here, although we filed end of October.  It's reassuring to see other AOS October filer receive their cards... Fingers crossed it's any day now...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
26 minutes ago, tmw said:

Still waiting here, although we filed end of October.  It's reassuring to see other AOS October filer receive their cards... Fingers crossed it's any day now...

I hope so too. According to the USCIS website, the average waiting time is around 8 months, this is why I am not as hopeless.. Visa journey is more optimistic.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
On 2/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Yep, that’s me. Never, EVER, send original documents by mail (except your naturalization certificate when you become a USC, there is really no way around that one). What you should do is to contact your congressman to get you an in- person appointment. You, as a PR, are to be in possession of your GC at all times.

Thank you so much for your advice and thank you @TedsGirl ❤️ 

I am not in a hurry to change the mistake on my SSN. I can wait patiently :)

K1 Visa - Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 

Approved - February 02, 2021

NOA1 - June 16, 2020

(NO RFE)

NOA2 - Feb 02, 2021

NVC Case Created - Mar 2, 2021

NVC Case # - Mar 4, 2021

In Transit - Apr 13, 2021

Ready - Apr 15, 2021

Interview Date - May 20, 2021

Landed in USA - Aug 11, 2021

Adjustment of Status 📌

Service Center NBC

Sent - Oct 15, 2021

Delivered - Oct 18, 2021

Text Notice - Oct 19, 2021

Mail Receipt - Oct 25, 2021

Biometrics Update - Nov 13, 2021

Biometrics Date - Dec 07, 2021

Green Card Interview Notice - Dec 23, 2021

Postal Receipt - Jan 03, 2022

Interview Date - Jan 31, 2022

Green Card Approval - Feb 4, 2022

Card Was Produced - Feb 9, 2022

Card was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

SSN was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

American Flag Eagle GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 2/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, TedsGirl said:

Thank you for your words of encouragement and your own process. I may consider Dallas. Husband and I are preparing a trip there soon.

What was super frustrating was when she stated to me that I would NOT be eligible for ID even AFTER getting a SSN #🧐So, you’re telling me you work for a government department and yet I cannot get ID from your department, even though my SSN is issued from another government agency?

Going to remain thankful that I am here with my husband and family and not pout, as there are many separated and not going through this as I am. All will work out in the end. I just was so excited to have this appointment booked and it going the way it did was super deflating.

Thanks again for your support🌻

I am in Houston and they told us my husband couldn't get a ID or driver license till he got a ead or green card. I showed them the rules of pending aos is considered to be a legal resident. And they told us we had to come back when he had the ead or green card

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 12:15 PM, jayjayk said:

Same here, thought the same too but still waiting for EAD. The wait is making me so anxious. 

Glad to see movement for other October filers though. 

17 hours ago, kmk813 said:

I am in Houston and they told us my husband couldn't get a ID or driver license till he got a ead or green card. I showed them the rules of pending aos is considered to be a legal resident. And they told us we had to come back when he had the ead or green card

That's so stupid and frustrating! I hate that every DPS have a way of interpreting their own rules. Their handbook and website clearly states how it's supposed to be used -- even DHS has a pdf that says how DMV/DPS has to use the SAVE system and what is authorized/for how long. I would say contact your congress representative to tell them about it and get you an appointment, but I don't know if you want to go through all that. 

Timeline
On 3/3/2022 at 3:11 PM, jayjayk said:

I hope so too. According to the USCIS website, the average waiting time is around 8 months, this is why I am not as hopeless.. Visa journey is more optimistic.

Good news - I received notification that card was being produced today!  I submitted an expedite request via Emma a week ago and not sure if that helped or if the time just came. Fingers crossed all other October filers receive theirs asap.

No movement on I-131, which sounds consistent with other recent EAD recipients. 

Edited by tmw

3 hours ago, tmw said:

Good news - I received notification that card was being produced today!  I submitted an expedite request via Emma a week ago and not sure if that helped or if the time just came. Fingers crossed all other October filers receive theirs asap.

No movement on I-131, which sounds consistent with other recent EAD recipients. 

Congrats! If I may, what reason did you use to expedite your EAD and did they ask/did you send any evidence? 

They are focusing on EADs right now, so I-131s are being reviewed/issued later.

Timeline
1 minute ago, gflores16 said:

Congrats! If I may, what reason did you use to expedite your EAD and did they ask/did you send any evidence? 

They are focusing on EADs right now, so I-131s are being reviewed/issued later.

The USCIS agent online (Emma) had me select from a list of criteria found here:  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

I selected financial loss as my work is events-based and I have a number of upcoming dates confirmed. I asked for an email or fax number where I could send my events contracts as evidence, but Emma said I would be contacted if evidence was required. They were discouraging about the success of an expedite request (I knew I didn’t have a strong case but was hopeful) so I’d be incredibly surprised if I the request actually went through.

Timeline
On 2/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, frankwhite said:

02/23/2022: I-765 approved; card being produced

03/10/2022: Interview Scheduled

Wow! Faster than I thought....waiting for the notice in the mail to know what's my interview date (it's not online). I'm also moving tomorrow so I hoping my mail all goes to the right place (I informed USCIS online). Good luck all!

On 3/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, kmk813 said:

Hi. I am in Houston, and in fact you can get the ID or DL. Sometimes is matter of trying a few times, it took me 3 DPS visits to get somebody to accept the case and send the consult on the SAVE system for validation of status. After 10 days or so, they are able to issue you a document which is valid for 12 months. Then upon EAD or GC approval, you can renew it for longer. Although it is necessary to have a SSN. I strongly recommend to go to the DPS at S Gessner Rd and do it there. Majority of the officials are Latino and It gave me the feeling they can relate with the immigration conditions and are helpful. 

Edited by crvepd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.