Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, gflores16 said:

hey there! when is your biometrics appt date and local office? 

The appointment is 11/19. Charleston, South Carolina, is the local office.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone!

My local office is Phoenix and this is my timeline until now. Does anyone knows hpw long until I receive something else in the mail? And how do I set up an online account in the USCIS website?

AOS package sent - Oct 21st

Package delivered - Oct 22nd 

Text message - Oct 26th

Received 4 NOAs in mail - Oct 28th

2 minutes ago, Rodriguessbibi said:

Hey everyone!

My local office is Phoenix and this is my timeline until now. Does anyone knows hpw long until I receive something else in the mail? And how do I set up an online account in the USCIS website?

AOS package sent - Oct 21st

Package delivered - Oct 22nd 

Text message - Oct 26th

Received 4 NOAs in mail - Oct 28th

Welcome!

If you go to USCIS and set up an account, it's easy. Then just wait for another piece of mail that will assign you with access codes so you can attach your paper file to your USCIS account. There is where you can see notices from them and you can upload evidence if needed and respond to RFEs (here's hoping you have none of course)

Good to have another join the October 2021 waiting club.

Timeline

Hi everyone!

My Aos based on K1 was delivered to the Phoenix lockbox on the 20th oct. I haven't heard a word from them since then. Chicago lockbox seems to be working very fast but The Phoenix is really slow I guess.  Is there anyone that sent the package to Phoenix and experienced that delay on the notifications?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

Welcome!

If you go to USCIS and set up an account, it's easy. Then just wait for another piece of mail that will assign you with access codes so you can attach your paper file to your USCIS account. There is where you can see notices from them and you can upload evidence if needed and respond to RFEs (here's hoping you have none of course)

Good to have another join the October 2021 waiting club.

Thank you for the quick answer!! Good to be here! 

2 minutes ago, EmreAnk said:

Hi everyone!

My Aos based on K1 was delivered to the Phoenix lockbox on the 20th oct. I haven't heard a word from them since then. Chicago lockbox seems to be working very fast but The Phoenix is really slow I guess.  Is there anyone that sent the package to Phoenix and experienced that delay on the notifications?

Welcome!

Well I have been waiting and continue to do so and I am not in Phoenix. Who knows what's up? We'll all have to be content that we get to wait with our spouses, which we know, is not the case for a lot of others out there.

3 minutes ago, Rodriguessbibi said:

Thank you for the quick answer!! Good to be here! 

You're welcome!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Sent ours in on Oct. 25 with a projected arrival date of Oct. 28. Delivered SUPER late on Friday. Oct. 29

Still no texts or notifications yet.

10 minutes ago, TimmahTimmah said:

Sent ours in on Oct. 25 with a projected arrival date of Oct. 28. Delivered SUPER late on Friday. Oct. 29

Still no texts or notifications yet.

Welcome.

You’ve now entered the waiting club! I’m hoping you get your notifications by text and mail soon. 

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

AOS- USC Spouse

10/12/2021 AoS sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2021 package arrived

11/05/2021 3 Notifications with IOE receipt numbers. Online status stating “case was received and a receipt notice was sent”

waiting for the mailman :)

field office? No clue, I guess Atlanta GA.

Edited by Shockboxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, TedsGirl said:

@Nobita24 how did your biometrics appointment go?

The officer told me my fingerprints can't be read during biometric. He said my fingerprints has worn off. He still submitted it and said it is normal, some people hve the same case as me. The next process he infomed is the FBI will check about it (my background, where I came from, etc) then I might will take my fingerprints manually at the police station. They will contact me later on.

Actually if there is no problem, it is a fast process there. They just take picture and your fingerprints 

On 11/6/2021 at 7:00 AM, Nobita24 said:

The officer told me my fingerprints can't be read during biometric. He said my fingerprints has worn off. He still submitted it and said it is normal, some people hve the same case as me. The next process he infomed is the FBI will check about it (my background, where I came from, etc) then I might will take my fingerprints manually at the police station. They will contact me later on.

Actually if there is no problem, it is a fast process there. They just take picture and your fingerprints 

Sounds like all will be good should your fingerprints not be solid from your appointment. I hope the next step is a short wait for you!🌻

I finally got notification of my biometric appointment for the end of this month. Thankful!

My husband got notification of RFIE for the I-130 he submitted online for me back in July. Apparently the I-130A that I completed has expired (dated 02/28/2021) and I need to fill in the latest one. So to those of you applying for AOS marriage based, if your I-130 hasn’t been approved yet and you didn’t submit it concurrently, the latest edition of the I-130A is dated 07/31/2024. Just in case you get a RFIE, this may be the reason🙂

Edited by TedsGirl
Expiration date of form

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 6:10 PM, frankwhite said:

Marriage AOS (but filed by my employer immigration firm):

10/08/2021: Packet mailed

10/11/2021: Rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2021: Text messages that case was rec'd

10/15/2021: Notices for i485, i130, i765, i131 (rec'd in mail 10/18)

10/16/2021: Biometrics scheduled for 11/10/2021 @ SF ASC (checked online)

10/08/2021: Packet mailed

10/11/2021: Rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2021: Text messages that case was rec'd

10/15/2021: Notices for i485, i130, i765, i131 (rec'd in mail 10/18)

10/16/2021: Biometrics scheduled for 11/10/2021 @ SF ASC (checked online)

11/10/2021: Status after Biometrics changed to 'Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS'

Weirdly, the update was for the i485 and i765 and not i131.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.