Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, gflores16 said:

Congratulations everyone! It's exciting to see our cases move forward with cards being produced and interviews being scheduled!
Still waiting on my side for either to happen. My frustration comes from USICS' inconsistency to process cases, but there's nothing i can really but to be patient.

Thank you! I hope your turn is next🌻

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has did my interview yesterday and it was relatively straightforward. Officer was fairly chatty and actually talked to my wife more than myself. He ended the interview saying he would recommend my case be approved but then said he can give no guarantee of timelines. I know this is probably standard language but his casual use of 'months' until GC in hand concerned me...guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by frankwhite

4 hours ago, frankwhite said:

Has did my interview yesterday and it was relatively straightforward. Officer was fairly chatty and actually talked to my wife more than myself. He ended the interview saying he would recommend my case be approved but then said he can give no guarantee of timelines. I know this is probably standard language but his casual use of 'months' until GC in hand concerned me...guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Congratulations on your interview🎉😀 

Let’s hope it’s sooner than he stated. I am unsure why they state the timelines they do. I will not be surprised if you inform us soon of your GC in hand! Happy for you this hurdle in the journey is over for you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, TedsGirl said:

Congratulations on your interview🎉😀 

Let’s hope it’s sooner than he stated. I am unsure why they state the timelines they do. I will not be surprised if you inform us soon of your GC in hand! Happy for you this hurdle in the journey is over for you.

Thanks for the kind words. No update yet but we'll see. Hoping there's some good news for you next.🙏

50 minutes ago, frankwhite said:

Thanks for the kind words. No update yet but we'll see. Hoping there's some good news for you next.🙏

You’re welcome and thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/14/2022 at 7:36 AM, Sierra TC said:

March 9 our status changed to "Interview Scheduled." We are still waiting for the appointment letter to arrive in the mail.

We had our interview Thursday,  case approved yesterday.  Good luck to everyone with this process!

4 hours ago, Sierra TC said:

We had our interview Thursday,  case approved yesterday.  Good luck to everyone with this process!

Congratulations Sierra to you and your husband!!!!🥳

Content to report both SSN and EAD cards both arrived in the mail today🥳

SO thankful!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

SO thankful!

Congrats TedsGirl!!!!

I got my SSN as well today. However, I see that I should receive a mail from USCIS from the USPS email notification but I think my mailman lost it. I checked the USCIS website and it states that it is only a notification that EAD has been approved. Did your EAD card arrive in a separate mail from the I765 C09  Standalone Approval Notice? I was thinking it's ok since I have the  pdf copy downloaded from USCIS but I'm worried EAD card was attached to that as well. Did you receive two separate mails from USCIS?

19 minutes ago, TedsGirl said:

SO thankful!

That's Awesome!! Happy for you. No more Chilling, anymore huh

1 hour ago, lae7821 said:

Congrats TedsGirl!!!!

I got my SSN as well today. However, I see that I should receive a mail from USCIS from the USPS email notification but I think my mailman lost it. I checked the USCIS website and it states that it is only a notification that EAD has been approved. Did your EAD card arrive in a separate mail from the I765 C09  Standalone Approval Notice? I was thinking it's ok since I have the  pdf copy downloaded from USCIS but I'm worried EAD card was attached to that as well. Did you receive two separate mails from USCIS?

Thank you 😊 

I got 3 envelopes in the mail, each one containing my notice of approval, EAD card and SSN.

I hope your case status shows this soon. Hopefully your approval notice isn’t moving and your EAD too!

715DFE58-BD94-4CE9-B41F-70D7415F4E90.png

1 hour ago, NthingLastsForevr said:

That's Awesome!! Happy for you. No more Chilling, anymore huh

Thank you! It feels good to finally have these! You’re so right! No more chilling!😄

Any updates on your end? Still waiting?🙏🏿

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband received EAD approval April 4th and card was in hand April 9th. While we are excited it was sadly a standalone EAD... I'm sure like many of you wanting AP is high on the priority list too. My husbands father is sick and elderly so we are considering pushing to see if we can get AP approved as well.

Question for the group, has anyone seen any AP being processed independently in the last few months since EAD/AP was split for speeding up processing times? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.