Sarge2155

October 2021 - AOS Filers

276 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Received my green card and SSN in the mail on the same day i.e. Feb 12, 2022 (I forgot to check the mail box, my bad). My last name is missing a few letters but when I called the SSA hotline and the local offices in the Bay Area (CA), they said they are not accepting in person appointments till mid-April and asked me to send original documents of mine such as my green card, passport, marriage certificate etc. I am NOT doing that. When I suggested sending copies, they refused saying a bunch of people during the pandemic have sent fraudulent copies in order to get a social security number.

Am I paranoid to not send my original documents? Honestly, I can wait since they said only my name will change and the SS number will remain the same.

BTW, what else should I start with besides applying for a credit card to build credit? Driver's license? Any suggestions welcome.

K1 Visa - Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 

Approved - February 02, 2021

NOA1 - June 16, 2020

(NO RFE)

NOA2 - Feb 02, 2021

NVC Case Created - Mar 2, 2021

NVC Case # - Mar 4, 2021

In Transit - Apr 13, 2021

Ready - Apr 15, 2021

Interview Date - May 20, 2021

Landed in USA - Aug 11, 2021

Adjustment of Status 📌

Service Center NBC

Sent - Oct 15, 2021

Delivered - Oct 18, 2021

Text Notice - Oct 19, 2021

Mail Receipt - Oct 25, 2021

Biometrics Update - Nov 13, 2021

Biometrics Date - Dec 07, 2021

Green Card Interview Notice - Dec 23, 2021

Postal Receipt - Jan 03, 2022

Interview Date - Jan 31, 2022

Green Card Approval - Feb 4, 2022

Card Was Produced - Feb 9, 2022

Card was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

SSN was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

American Flag Eagle GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/9/2022 at 1:40 PM, 0xexe said:

02/08/2022 - Card is being produced (I-765)

@0xexe Did you expedite your request for I765? TY! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/8/2022 at 10:06 PM, vespa12 said:

February 8th, 2022 - Was notified my partner’s work and travel authorization card was ordered to be produced. 

February 15, 2022 - Partner received his work authorization card in the mail. 

I am confused though, we filed for a combo card and they closed out his i-765 case online as complete but the I-131 is still pending. The card says the category is C09 and I thought I remembered something saying that means it’s a combo card but I don’t think this one is. 

We called and put in an expedite request a couple weeks ago and never heard back anything so last week we called again and the woman we talked with said they looked over our request and said they reached a decision but they never put the decision in anywhere or sent a response so she had to put a new one in for us and the next day we received notice the card was being produced. 

should I call and ask if there was a mistake or just leave it?

15 hours ago, vespa12 said:

I am confused though, we filed for a combo card and they closed out his i-765 case online as complete but the I-131 is still pending. The card says the category is C09 and I thought I remembered something saying that means it’s a combo card but I don’t think this one is. 

We called and put in an expedite request a couple weeks ago and never heard back anything so last week we called again and the woman we talked with said they looked over our request and said they reached a decision but they never put the decision in anywhere or sent a response so she had to put a new one in for us and the next day we received notice the card was being produced. 

Same here. Received my EAD today and it’s category C09 (C09p is combo) with “NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO US” on the card.

My immigration lawyer told me that they have seen more cases like this recently. 

I chatted with Emma and the agent helped me filed an expedite request with the reason USCIS error cuz I really can’t fit into any other reason. I guess we can only wait and see.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
17 hours ago, FlowerofScotland said:

@0xexe Did you expedite your request for I765? TY! 

Nope.

2 hours ago, AAAH said:

Same here. Received my EAD today and it’s category C09 (C09p is combo) with “NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO US” on the card.

My immigration lawyer told me that they have seen more cases like this recently. 

I chatted with Emma and the agent helped me filed an expedite request with the reason USCIS error cuz I really can’t fit into any other reason. I guess we can only wait and see.

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. Received my EAD and it is not a combo card, sigh...

I'm gonna chat with Emma tomorrow and see. @AAAH please keep us updated. Thanks!

AOS from L1B - spouse of USC - Seattle FO:

10/06/2021 - Packet mailed via UPS (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

10/07/2021 - Packet delivered

10/10/2021 - Text message with receipt numbers (IOE)

10/13/2021 - Personal checks payment pending

10/14/2021 - Personal checks payment posted

10/15/2021 - 4 receipt notices in mail (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

10/18/2021 - 1 account access notice for petitioner in mail (I-130)

10/19/2021 - 1 account access notice for beneficiary in mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

11/13/2021 - I-693 deficiency notice (as expected)

12/03/2021 - Biometric appointment scheduled

12/27/2021 - Biometric appointment, Case Is Being Actively Reviewed (I-485, I-765)

02/08/2022 - Card is being produced (I-765)

02/16/2022 - Card delivered (EAD only, no AP)

09/28/2022 - Advance Parole Document Was Produced

~~ Used AP 3 times to enter U.S. after a short trip without issues ~~

01/05/2023 - RFE from Boise asking to provide I-693 (interview waived)

01/17/2023 - RFE response received

01/21/2023 - I-130 & I-485 approved!

01/28/2023 - Green card in hand

On 2/16/2022 at 7:23 AM, vespa12 said:

Hi, congrats on the approval (and sorry for USCIS’ mistake on the combo card). If I may ask, what exactly did you expedite and did USCIS ask for any evidence regarding your expedite request? TY! 

On 2/14/2022 at 5:53 PM, abbafan said:

Received my green card and SSN in the mail on the same day i.e. Feb 12, 2022 (I forgot to check the mail box, my bad). My last name is missing a few letters but when I called the SSA hotline and the local offices in the Bay Area (CA), they said they are not accepting in person appointments till mid-April and asked me to send original documents of mine such as my green card, passport, marriage certificate etc. I am NOT doing that. When I suggested sending copies, they refused saying a bunch of people during the pandemic have sent fraudulent copies in order to get a social security number.

Am I paranoid to not send my original documents? Honestly, I can wait since they said only my name will change and the SS number will remain the same.

BTW, what else should I start with besides applying for a credit card to build credit? Driver's license? Any suggestions welcome.

Congratulations to you! Wow! You surely had a smooth and fast process😀

N E V E R send original documents. As a PR you need to keep your documents on you.

Paging @Rocio0010 I believe I read somewhere about how to go about contacting SSA and not to send original documents from a post you contributed to, a while back if memory serves🤔 It helped me yet I cannot locate it. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, TedsGirl said:

Congratulations to you! Wow! You surely had a smooth and fast process😀

N E V E R send original documents. As a PR you need to keep your documents on you.

Paging @Rocio0010 I believe I read somewhere about how to go about contacting SSA and not to send original documents from a post you contributed to, a while back if memory serves🤔 It helped me yet I cannot locate it. Thanks in advance!

Yep, that’s me. Never, EVER, send original documents by mail (except your naturalization certificate when you become a USC, there is really no way around that one). What you should do is to contact your congressman to get you an in- person appointment. You, as a PR, are to be in possession of your GC at all times.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

On 2/16/2022 at 11:27 PM, AAAH said:

Hi, the exact same thing happened to me! I filed for a Combo card but only received the EAD. I didn’t realize there was an option to expedite the travel document separately now! Please keep us updated on your request and best of luck 🤞🏻 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/20/2021 at 12:11 PM, frankwhite said:

11/16/2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice (rec'd in mail 11/20)

Looks like we're seeing some movement for others in this thread as well. Good luck to all!

02/23/2022: I-765 approved; card being produced

Got some updates finally, Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent for both the I130 and I458, 4 pages long each  asking for most of the stuff that has been send before, resubmit the I130 and I 130A, and finical documents, taxes which was all included before. Anyone have come across this or know have any idea, how's this is even possible, 

13 hours ago, Iris2013 said:

Hi, did anyone receive any update if they have filed I-131? I filed an expedite request in  January but only received the EAD card and so far there has been no update on the travel documents. Any help is very much appreciated 🙏🏻

I read on twitter that USCIS decided to separate EADs from AP so they can grant/process as many as possible and clean their backlog. You will eventually get the AP. 

source:  Immigration Lawyer tweet

50 minutes ago, gflores16 said:

I read on twitter that USCIS decided to separate EADs from AP so they can grant/process as many as possible and clean their backlog. You will eventually get the AP. 

source:  Immigration Lawyer tweet

@gflores16Thank you for sharing this….at least it sheds some light on why EADs are arriving separately! 

No joy today trying to get ID. Super frustrating as I showed the supervisor the dps website, clearly showing applicants going through AOS can apply for ID. She insisted I do not meet the criteria since their brochure states valid I-94 ONLY. Their own website states AOS category that alien registration number OR valid I-94.

Trying my best not to be down about it as nothing else has happened in this wait since my biometrics taken at the end of November.

Congratulations to those having EADs approved! Super congratulations to those with upcoming interviews and green card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.