Druidd

Advice in detail

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

What schools have you been attending for the last 5 years?

What type of school are you trying to attend in the US?

Not been in any school since high school. Admitted to one of US universities located in Georgia, affiliated with the athletics participating corporations i.e NCAA and NAIA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry but u say assocated with NAIA and there are 4 colleges in Ga (says Atlanta,  GA on your profile)

and the only one near Atlanta is Life University in  Marietta (a suburb of atlanta ) 

and u say study Business and engineering

Life University is a private university focused on training chiropractors and located in Marietta, Georgia. 

From what you have shared here, it does look like you are more interested in going to the US than going to college. If you had at least gone to college or taken some courses in Kenya over the past 5 years, it would look more like you actually want to be a student. I think the officer believed that you were planning to use the student visa to get into the country and find a way to stay.

There is no easy way to resolve this. The only option I see is start school in Kenya and try again in a year or 2.

12 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Sorry but u say assocated with NAIA and there are 4 colleges in Ga (says Atlanta,  GA on your profile)

and the only one near Atlanta is Life University in  Marietta (a suburb of atlanta ) 

and u say study Business and engineering

Life University is a private university focused on training chiropractors and located in Marietta, Georgia. 

Not sure why you are trying to cast aspersions. People do get student visas for the dodgiest of colleges. No idea where OP has applied. Not that it matters, the  lack of OP doing any studying in his home country (interpreted by the embassy as: not actually interested in studying) is the problem here, not the perceived quality of the college. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

F-1 visas are only approved when the officer is convinced of strong ties to your home country.  What evidence or information did you provide to show that you are likely to return home after the completion of your studies in the US?  What questions did the officers ask in your previous interviews?   Focus on that, address any problems if you can, and try again in a few years, if the athletic scholarship is still available to you at that time.  Or seek out educational opportunities in other countries or where you are now a resident.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You need to be realistic. You are caught up in a vortex of consecutive visa denials. In reality your situation seems to be getting more "unattractive" with each passing year because you have not upgraded your applicant profile (through education or a well paying job for example) while accumulating more negatives with each refusal. If you were the consular officer, you wouldn't give such an applicant a visa.

I would be more generous than the person who said your chances of getting a visa are zero however it is as close to zero as possible. I know it may be your dream to come to the USA for school however I am basically saying forget it for a very long time!

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not sure why you are trying to cast aspersions. People do get student visas for the dodgiest of colleges. No idea where OP has applied. Not that it matters, the  lack of OP doing any studying in his home country (interpreted by the embassy as: not actually interested in studying) is the problem here, not the perceived quality of the college. 

not the quality of any college

only 4 NAIA in Georgia

and he says Atlanta and will study business and engineering

the one college in the atlanta region has a BBA in business but no engineering courses and the speciality of the college is chiroprators

CO's see a packet before the interview /they knew same as i posted

21 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

not the quality of any college

only 4 NAIA in Georgia

and he says Atlanta and will study business and engineering

the one college in the atlanta region has a BBA in business but no engineering courses and the speciality of the college is chiroprators

CO's see a packet before the interview /they knew same as i posted

I think you’re missing the point entirely but debating with you doesn’t add to the discussion. 

19 hours ago, Druidd said:

Not been in any school since high school. Admitted to one of US universities located in Georgia, affiliated with the athletics participating corporations i.e NCAA and NAIA

Curious, are you actually a recruited athlete, or just “admitted” and hoping to walk on to a team? 

It looks suspicious to a CO that you claim to want to further educate yourself yet have done nothing for the past few years. You could for example have already gotten a masters at home and applied for another in the US (I know a few people who have gone this route), or done shorter courses related to your field of interest, or worked in a related field,  or or or…. 

At this point it might be better for you to either pursue studies at home or possibly look at European universities, if you decide not to start working. It doesn’t seem like you’re likely to get a US student visa anytime soon and putting your life on hold waiting for it to happen is not going to benefit you, with visas or anything else.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

I think you’re missing the point entirely but debating with you doesn’t add to the discussion. 

Since I'm petty:

JeanneAdil,

There are plenty of NAIA schools in GA:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_athletic_programs_in_Georgia_(U.S._state)

And the OP stated he wants to study entrepreneurship. NOT engineering:

https://www.scad.edu/academics/minors-and-certificates/business-management-and-entrepreneurship-minor

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline
On 9/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, Marieke H said:

From what you have shared here, it does look like you are more interested in going to the US than going to college. If you had at least gone to college or taken some courses in Kenya over the past 5 years, it would look more like you actually want to be a student. I think the officer believed that you were planning to use the student visa to get into the country and find a way to stay.

There is no easy way to resolve this. The only option I see is start school in Kenya and try again in a year or 2.

Not entirely true. You see, my efforts of getting f1 USA visa began immediately I graduated from high school. From my first denial, I've just been retrying to get another I 20, submitting all information required and correcting the errors I might have made to result in my visa denial. These people should consider such a track of struggles as determination. It isn't just like someone who idled their time for 4 years then began to just apply for a visa. There is a significant difference here. 

19 minutes ago, Druidd said:

Not entirely true. You see, my efforts of getting f1 USA visa began immediately I graduated from high school. From my first denial, I've just been retrying to get another I 20, submitting all information required and correcting the errors I might have made to result in my visa denial. 

To get an F1 (student) visa you must overcome the assumption that you are trying to immigrate to the US.  They are looking at the ties you have back to Kenya.  You are becoming older each year and you haven't pursued your education in country.  While it is possible to get an Athletic Scholarship from College the chances of obtaining that also decrease each year. If you have had errors in you pervious applications they should have been dealt with immediately and not wait another year or two.

If you had the ties, after the first denial(s),  what you should have done was get your Bachelors in Business and then applied for an US MBA program.  Each time you try for a visa the harder it becomes unless there has been a significant change in your circumstances.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Timeline
On 9/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, Druidd said:

Perhaps this is the reason the consular officer said you had been out of school too long to qualify.  You're likely too old or have been out of school too long to qualify for any sports under NCAA or NAIA programs.  NCAA Divisions I and Ii schools, for example, only allow a 1 year period between high school graduation and beginning college participation in most sports.  This also means you likely will no longer qualify for an athletic scholarship at most of the schools, making your financial situationion also more precarious.

Edited by jan22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.