J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, SaraClaire11 said:

I'm late August and expecting to hear something by mid October, anything before that will be a huge blessing at this point.

Going to visit my fiancé for the 3rd time in 27 days. We plan on prepping for the interview as much as possible while I'm there even if it could be 5-6 months from now.

We are all so close I can feel it!

I hope , we are close. I’m mid August , but I’m sick of waiting. I feel sometimes. This will take forever. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 minutes ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

I hope , we are close. I’m mid August , but I’m sick of waiting. I feel sometimes. This will take forever. 

I know after the initial approval we still have a long road ahead of us, but atleast we will be over this God awful first hump. The uncertainty is killing us but trying to stay positive!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 27/07/2022 at 18:27, fenerbahce1907 said:

Espero que estejamos perto. Estou no meio de agosto, mas estou cansado de esperar. Eu sinto às vezes. Isso levará uma eternidade. 

me too, i am from 30 August

Timeline

Well it's officially been over a year for all of us here.

I am dreading the next steps. I am crying at the thought of having to visit a VERY DANGEROUS city to accompany my fiance to his interview.

Please pray for us!

Edited by SaraClaire11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 9/3/2022 at 3:02 PM, SaraClaire11 said:

Well it's officially been over a year for all of us here.

I am dreading the next steps. I am crying at the thought of having to visit a VERY DANGEROUS city to accompany my fiance to his interview.

Please pray for us!

I was wondering: is it required for both of you to attend the interview? Or does it just look better for both parties to show up? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Tm8756 said:

I was wondering: is it required for both of you to attend the interview? Or does it just look better for both parties to show up? 

I know that only the beneficiary can attend the interview. The petitioner if they go would need to wait outside. From what I've read from the various groups/forums most petitionars don't travel for the interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Tm8756 said:

I've read and seen the same, although you can be outside, they won't let you into the building at all. I've seen that it's good to know the petitioner is outside and supportive like that, but at the same time, I'm sure they don't hold it against people if they can't due to it not being possible or being too short notice etc.

Timeline

I wasn't planning on being there until I realized that some VJ members had issues at the consulate in Ecuador as a result of not being present, and I really don't want to take any chances, even if it is a risk going to Guayaquil. 

I've been following other Ecuadorian K1 filers as well to get a better understanding of how things are operating these days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, SaraClaire11 said:

I wasn't planning on being there until I realized that some VJ members had issues at the consulate in Ecuador as a result of not being present, and I really don't want to take any chances, even if it is a risk going to Guayaquil. 

I've been following other Ecuadorian K1 filers as well to get a better understanding of how things are operating these days. 

Ah yeah thats understandable. Just had to do a google to see why it's bad there and I can see why now. Stay safe and good luck when you do get to go

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are late to join visa journey. Here’s our timeline so far:

i129f sent: August 19, 2021

i129 NOA1: August 23, 2021

Hoping for NOA2 soon. It’s been a long year waiting. Does anyone possibly know how long the wait time is for the interview at Montreal consulate, once NOA2 is received? 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:07 AM, MarJhi said:

I think there may be a stray one here or there that slips in, but I wouldn't count on it. We are late July filers (1 year since NOA1 today actually), I am expecting the NOA2 to be at the end of August or beginning of September if we get lucky. Anything before that would be a bonus.

Do you have any updates on your case? Ours is a few days into August.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

Do you have any updates on your case? Ours is a few days into August.

Nope, nothing yet. The "estimate" has moved to the end of September. The latest approvals i have seen come through are at around the 430 day mark, so that would take us to the end of September. I will happily take that,  but it seems for every 2 steps closer you get you move one step back.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
On 9/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, A+N said:

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are late to join visa journey. Here’s our timeline so far:

i129f sent: August 19, 2021

i129 NOA1: August 23, 2021

Hoping for NOA2 soon. It’s been a long year waiting. Does anyone possibly know how long the wait time is for the interview at Montreal consulate, once NOA2 is received? 

Based on the timeline of those in Canada, I would say expect to wait 4-5 months after receiving NOA-2 to interview. 1 month is for NVC to process the case and send to the consulate. Your NOA-2 is not expected until October, so maybe an interview around Feb. Again this is only a guestimate. You can review Canada K1 timelines. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, ya'll.

Wondering if making a switch to a CR1 Visa would make sense at this point. My fiancé and I got our NOA1 back in mid August of 2021. Looking at the timeline from the government site, it does say 13.5 which would put us roughly around mid October.

We were looking at some other threads and found one for a zoom wedding through the state of Utah and was wondering if it would be better to go that route and apply for a CR1 or just wait it out. We're getting a bit impatient and there is also the waiting time for the interview. We figure it would be until February that we get the whole process done. 

Any opinions? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.