J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
26 minutes ago, ItsAlex said:

Hi, ya'll.

Wondering if making a switch to a CR1 Visa would make sense at this point. My fiancé and I got our NOA1 back in mid August of 2021. Looking at the timeline from the government site, it does say 13.5 which would put us roughly around mid October.

We were looking at some other threads and found one for a zoom wedding through the state of Utah and was wondering if it would be better to go that route and apply for a CR1 or just wait it out. We're getting a bit impatient and there is also the waiting time for the interview. We figure it would be until February that we get the whole process done. 

Any opinions? 

To my knowledge wait it out because from my understanding (and I may be wrong), you'd have to apply for the fiance visa in order for them to reside with you in the US while awaiting spousal approval? It won't be much longer I'm hoping. I guess, too, something to consider is your consulate wait times and compare to the CR1 wait times. Hope someone else offers insight too! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, ItsAlex said:

Hi, ya'll.

Wondering if making a switch to a CR1 Visa would make sense at this point. My fiancé and I got our NOA1 back in mid August of 2021. Looking at the timeline from the government site, it does say 13.5 which would put us roughly around mid October.

We were looking at some other threads and found one for a zoom wedding through the state of Utah and was wondering if it would be better to go that route and apply for a CR1 or just wait it out. We're getting a bit impatient and there is also the waiting time for the interview. We figure it would be until February that we get the whole process done. 

Any opinions? 

It's helpful if you create a timeline. Everyone in this thread is SO CLOSE to hearing something from USCIS I don't think you should back out now, that would be an entire year and $535 wasted.

1 hour ago, ItsAlex said:

Wondering if making a switch to a CR1 Visa would make sense at this point. My fiancé and I got our NOA1 back in mid August of 2021.

If your NOA1 was from Aug 2022, I would say go for CR1 visa.  But Aug 2021?  I recommend just sticking with it.  If you get married and initiate the CR1 process, you would be starting from scratch.  If your spouse-to-be resides in Mexico, that would mean around 2 to 3 years more of waiting, as Mexico has a huge backlog for spouse visa interview slots.  Current waiting time is around a year + a few months AFTER spouse petition approval and NVC review.

1 hour ago, BBFla said:

you'd have to apply for the fiance visa in order for them to reside with you in the US while awaiting spousal approval?

Married applicants are not eligible for a fiance visa.  You're probably thinking of the K3 spouse visa.  Those are effectively obsolete, with only a literal handful issued globally in recent years.  So it's highly unlikely that the applicant will get a K3 to be able to stay in the US while awaiting CR1 visa processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I-129 F Sent -  August 18th 2021

I-129 F Received - August 20th, 2021

I-129 F - Notice Date - August 23, 2021

126000 group

I wanted to file in February but my fiancée  made me wait until August. I keep telling myself not to cry over spilled milk.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, biscoito1r said:

I-129 F Sent -  August 18th 2021

I-129 F Received - August 20th, 2021

I-129 F - Notice Date - August 23, 2021

126000 group

I wanted to file in February but my fiancée  made me wait until August. I keep telling myself not to cry over spilled milk.

Hahah. Same! We could have submitted in May 2021 but decided to wait till August. We felt it gave better timing for things. Little did we know!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

Guys. They are about to finish June cases. 400 cases left around June. They are not doing bad for July cases as well. You guys think. Will they start in next 10 days ? 

I hope so. It seems like we’ll start seeing August approvals in October/November maybe? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
2 hours ago, A+N said:

I hope so. It seems like we’ll start seeing August approvals in October/November maybe? 

I'm hoping by mid October we will start seeing approvals come in based in where they are with July cases. 

Nov 2021 filer here; sorry to barge in. I am a data dude in my profession and have been following the I129 F data pretty closely for the last 6 months.  According to the scan data and the personal timelines posted here in VJ, the distribution of the cases being currently touched for the first time is centered around mid July (14 months). Some cases from end of July (13.5 months) are being processed as are cases from beginning of July 13.5).  The continued increase in RFEs as a percentage of the total means that a significant number of cases require an extra month or two on top of this for completion.

USCIS might start processing Aug cases by the end of Sep but given how many July cases are still untouched, the bulk of Aug cases will likely be processed throughout Oct. 

3 hours ago, Nuba said:

Nov 2021 filer here; sorry to barge in. I am a data dude in my profession and have been following the I129 F data pretty closely for the last 6 months.  According to the scan data and the personal timelines posted here in VJ, the distribution of the cases being currently touched for the first time is centered around mid July (14 months). Some cases from end of July (13.5 months) are being processed as are cases from beginning of July 13.5).  The continued increase in RFEs as a percentage of the total means that a significant number of cases require an extra month or two on top of this for completion.

USCIS might start processing Aug cases by the end of Sep but given how many July cases are still untouched, the bulk of Aug cases will likely be processed throughout Oct. 

My question is: my fiancee and I have a daughter, but unfortunately our daughter has hearing problem, it been diagnosed when she was 4 ,as single father here my daughter can not be with me without my fiancee, we are August 17th filler, we are still waiting for NOA2, my daughter is 6 and half year old, I don't want if she finally here the doctor will start telling me that is too late to save my daughter 

3 hours ago, William AGBO said:

My question is: my fiancee and I have a daughter, but unfortunately our daughter has hearing problem, it been diagnosed when she was 4 ,as single father here my daughter can not be with me without my fiancee, we are August 17th filler, we are still waiting for NOA2, my daughter is 6 and half year old, I don't want if she finally here the doctor will start telling me that is too late to save my daughter 

I believe you can call USCIS describing your circumstances and your case might get expedited if approved.

Check the link below:

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request#:~:text=You can generally request expedited,have obtained a receipt notice. 

10 hours ago, William AGBO said:

Are you a USC and is she your biological daughter? If so she qualifies for citizenship through you. You can register her birth and get her a passport without having to wait on NOA2. Then fly to get her and bring her to your home. In fact, I suspect that a biological daughter DOESN'T qualify for a K2..but you'd have to check with someone else on the details for that as I'm not sure.

Alternatively you can have doctors in her current location check her out. I think there are some good private ones especially. Imho (and having dealt with ear issues a lot though I'm NOT a doctor!) if it's not a sudden-onset situation a few months may not matter. It has gone this long it is unlikely to warrant an expedite as there is medical care in Togo. The potential expedite could take longer to process than the rest of the k1 visa process.  We're all ALMOST there, fingers crossed!

:time:

Edited by Daisy.Chain

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.