J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

Sorry I am late........

This is for the August K-1 filers. Welcome! Please keep each other company while going through this process. To properly fill out your timeline USCIS goes by "Received date" and not the notice date. 

Example

I-129 F Sent -  August 3rd 2021

I-129 F Received - August 6, 2021

I-129 F - Notice Date - August 14, 2021

In this example your NOA-1 should be August 6, 2021. Forget about the notice date. This will help you properly fill out your timeline.

image.png.677692134d27dbda8d9fa065a3a07aef.png

For those who have just filed your I-129f application with USCIS, this thread has been created for your needs and for you to be with others experiencing different aspects of this journey. This is a place to ask questions and to share experiences. All are here to learn together. Good luck because this is a lengthy process currently running 5-6 months from filing date for your NOA2 approval.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

Also, since your application will go through several background checks this is a primer on what goes on with the background process.

I know it really sucks, but the best way to get through this is to lower your expectations and try not to compare your timeline to anyone else's. Don't forget that the people here on Visa Journey represent a tiny percentage of all the petitions the CSC (California Service Center) must work through! When someone gets to your file, you'll hear from them. Stay busy, talk a lot with your fiancé about non-visa stuff, don't forget to hang out with your friends, take up a new hobby, go to a sporting event, and your time will come! Good luck

The explanation why is it taking so long.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/681798-august-2018-i-129f-filers/?do=findComment&comment=9558550

126C5E0C-2AEB-4B73-8680-7B62622C6113.jpeg.a51e82d1c2cdba251f8baab818bcb6e2.jpeg.53f2858978e9b62615476c1af4b4c109.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi everyone! Our dates so far:

I-129F sent date: 23 Aug 2021

NOA-1 / I-129F received date: 25 Aug 2021

I-129F notice date: 27 Aug 2021

Now for the long wait. 🤞

Thanks to this forum which has been a wonderful resource for us.

Edited by suziemuzie
correction

8 minutes ago, suziemuzie said:

Now for the long wait. 🤞

Congratulations ....please fill in and update your timeline so you can have an estimation of when your petition would be adjudicated 

On 9/2/2021 at 2:02 PM, suziemuzie said:

Now for the long wait. 🤞

This process has taught me to have patience for sure. Congrats on filing ☺️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Is there s thread for may fillers? 

Edited by Etherial

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
13 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Yes there is a may filers thread. 

Yes found it, thanks

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

For those interested and still waiting for NOA-2..... I came across an open forum USCIS is having virtually on ZOOM Feb 2. You can ask questions in advance by Jan 28th. It will be lead by the USCIS Director. This can be your chance to respectfully ask about the K1 delay. You can sign up at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (govdelivery.com)

The email will look like the below.....

Thank you

for registering to participate in the virtual briefing on USCIS’ progress on the Biden Administration’s immigration-related executive orders, led by Director Ur M. Jaddou on

Feb. 2, 2022 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. Eastern

Please use Microsoft Teams to join us. We recommend using Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox as your web browser. You may also view the briefing from your mobile device by downloading the Microsoft Teams application.

Please submit questions in advance by the end of the day on Friday, Jan. 28, 2022, by using the Q&A box in Microsoft Teams.

We remind you to please join 10-15 minutes
prior to the webinar.

Note to media:

This webinar is not for press purposes. Please contact the USCIS Press Office at media@uscis.dhs.gov for any media inquiries.

We look forward to your participation!

Upcoming Engagements

To view a list of upcoming local and national engagements, please visit uscis.gov/outreach.

Update Preferences

To update your RSVP, modify your email address, or to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please visit your Subscriber Preferences Page.

Information

For more information on USCIS and its programs, please visit uscis.gov.

Contact Us

Please do not reply to this message. Contact us at Public.Engagement@uscis.dhs.gov.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.