Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

1. Did you guys use blue or black ink for signing and dating i-864?

2. Did you manually enter the date or entered the date using computer and only signed using pen?

Edited by darth vader

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, can you get the passport delivered back to an address that is not listed on the DS260, or will they question it or do they even look at that and am I overthinking? For instance, I plan on staying with a friend after the interview and would like to have the passport delivered to that address.

5 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Hey everyone, can you get the passport delivered back to an address that is not listed on the DS260, or will they question it or do they even look at that and am I overthinking? For instance, I plan on staying with a friend after the interview and would like to have the passport delivered to that address.

Yes you can send it to a different address

first you will register the interview and you choose where to be delivered. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, HAB said:

After you cross the border to us, do you have to cancel your Canadian Heath card or it is canceled automatically ? Anyone knows 

I have been wondering about this too., but wasn't able to find a proper answer.

I believe the right thing to do is to inform OHIP of your move and cancel your health insurance. See link below on how to do this:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/replace-cancel-or-change-information-your-health-card#section-1

From what I read on other forums, cancelling it helps prevent fraud. Doctors' offices have been known to bill OHIP without one seeking medical treatment, and notifying OHIP of your move ensures OHIP refuses any such payment preventing any possibility of you being accused of fraud.

The way I see it, there is no harm in cancelling it voluntarily due to the move.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

Fingers crossed for Interview letters today. Hoping MTL will reach Feb 2021 DQs with the next issuance.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Fingers crossed for Interview letters today. Hoping MTL will reach Feb 2021 DQs with the next issuance.

Good luck everyone!

Seems a bit late, they're normally sent by 1130 🤔. Hoping for some good news tomorrow!

3 hours ago, irisheyes123 said:

I had my interview on 10/6 and my medical hadn't reached the embassy yet despite the doc sending the results a week before. My Canadian work permit expires on 10/19 and I need to be out of Canada on that day. This says that it was last updated today. What does this mean :(

image.png

If it updated today they may just be putting in ur medical info it may still change 

Timeline

Husband received his passport and visa today!

DQ: October 26, 2020

Interview Date: October 6, 2021 

Passport Returned: October 12, 2021

Intend to cross the border on Thursday!

Question!! I am unable to add him to our health insurance until November 1st. 

Does anyone have a recommendation on a travel medical insurance that could bridge the gap from now until November 1st?

Thank you!! 

Timeline

Was going to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee as my husband just received his immigrant visa today!!  I noticed that when I went to enter the DOS Case ID that the Case Number we had been using for the past several months had 2 extra digits (a 01) at the end of it, when printed on the visa as the IV Case Number. Is that supposed to be there, or is it an error?

Hey everyone,

Hope you and your families are well.

I was wondering when gathering documents to take to the spousal visa interview, do we have to take evidence of domicile for our co-sponser? Also do we need to take a copy of ours (mine and my co-sponser's) most recent (2020) taxes and w2 papers? Since when I was uploading the required documents last year I used 2019 taxes.

Also any idea when the RCMP (the updated one from 2020) expires? 

Thank you!

Edited by Slytherin

3 hours ago, Slytherin said:

Hey everyone,

Hope you and your families are well.

I was wondering when gathering documents to take to the spousal visa interview, do we have to take evidence of domicile for our co-sponser? Also do we need to take a copy of ours (mine and my co-sponser's) most recent (2020) taxes and w2 papers? Since when I was uploading the required documents last year I used 2019 taxes.

Also any idea when the RCMP (the updated one from 2020) expires? 

Thank you!

Police report is valid for 2 years now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.