Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

You're very welcome. I have researched everywhere. This seems to be the cheapest place that offers travel testing, if the Pearson Airport one doesn't continue (or if they dont bring up another service in time for our flights). 

I last did it with LifeLabs and although their report is thorough and turn around time is like 24 hours, it was $224 after tax.  I have always wondered if the Airlines would accept a hospital test result, but normally hospitals don't include the lab address on their results document - which is what is required by the CDC.

If I hear about any other free or less expensive, trustworthy places, I will update this comment/post!

Mel

That is true. On the list of CDC covid-19 test requirements Covid-19 Antigen test is acceptable. But returning back to Canada it is still strictly requires a PCR test that cost more. That is why aviation industry and travelers have been requesting for lifting the requirement of PCR test and accept the Antigen test instead.

For test clinic in Canada, this is the cheapest. I traveled back to US last May 30 from YVR. I had my antigen test with CVM Medical and paid $136 after tax.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

On 7/3/2021 at 6:00 PM, State and Maine said:

You’ll be fine. There was lots of people that activated their visa and turned right around to tie up loose ends in Canada all with just a stamped passport

This is what I was thinking of doing because I live close to the border to the lower 48 but will probably be driving back up to Alaska. There's no requirement that you have to head straight to where you'll be living? I can just activate, go back through the Canadian border, then head back later?

Hi all, 

I was just looking at my i864 which was filled about a year ago. The form itself hasn't expired yet, but as it

has been roughly a year as we filled it out, it hasn't reflected my husband's 2020 income info. I am bringing the

tax return papers with me for 2020, but I just want to make sure I am doing it right. Do we need to fill out another

i864 to reflect the latest info?

I know the FAQ mentioned you don't need to fill out another one as long as the form itself hasn't

expired. I am just curious to know what other people did and what their experiences in similar

situations.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hey friends, I got an urgent situation come up. Hoping someone can help me out. We are in Boston, and I booked my trip to Canada for tomorrow to go pick up valuables from home, just noticed my PR card has expired during travelling. It expired on June 2, 2021. Do you think they will allow me one time entry to Canada? I booked my flight. Let me know if anyone has been in a similar situation. I just don't want to fly to find out that I have to go back to Boston.  

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a positive experience. I just spent the last 2 weeks traveling the US with the fella and it was AMAZING! I got into Pearson today and got through customs no problem. I do not have to quarantine bc I am double vaccinated. I am on a Work Permit, so I'm not a PR or Citizen. I just have to do a home kit tomorrow and that's it!

I ran into a little difficulty this morning, when I arrived at O'Hare the Air Canada team wouldn't let me board because I only had a rapid test, not PCR. They put me on a later flight so I could get one done with a quick turn around. But everything else was easy peasy :) I hope this helps those who have been separated for a long time. The last two weeks were such a treat.

Thanks all! 

13 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a positive experience. I just spent the last 2 weeks traveling the US with the fella and it was AMAZING! I got into Pearson today and got through customs no problem. I do not have to quarantine bc I am double vaccinated. I am on a Work Permit, so I'm not a PR or Citizen. I just have to do a home kit tomorrow and that's it!

I ran into a little difficulty this morning, when I arrived at O'Hare the Air Canada team wouldn't let me board because I only had a rapid test, not PCR. They put me on a later flight so I could get one done with a quick turn around. But everything else was easy peasy :) I hope this helps those who have been separated for a long time. The last two weeks were such a treat.

Thanks all! 

Oh wow. Does this mean I can enter Canada? I am a U.S. citizen and my PR card expired. We have moved to U.S. and my ticket to Toronto is booked for tomorrow. Do you think I will be fine? I am on the line with Air Canada to cancel my ticket right now. Do you think it's worth taking a chance? I was going to pick up valuables from home in Toronto before packers come in to pack our house. Looking forward to your reply. 

Just now, Abhikochar said:

Oh wow. Does this mean I can enter Canada? I am a U.S. citizen and my PR card expired. We have moved to U.S. and my ticket to Toronto is booked for tomorrow. Do you think I will be fine? I am on the line with Air Canada to cancel my ticket right now. Do you think it's worth taking a chance? I was going to pick up valuables from home in Toronto before packers come in to pack our house. Looking forward to your reply. 

oh no that's such an awful situation, i'm so so sorry! if i'm being honest, I doubt they'll allow you in if you don't have valid PR status. Do you have any other grounds for entering Canada as a visitor? (ie visiting family) if youre coming to 'upkeep property' it will not be allowed. play around with this tool to see if you fall into other categories: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-no-symptoms-us

so sorry to hear you're going through this. keep us posted! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

Thanks all! 

I am happy most of it went smooth! It is definitely nice to hear a positive story!

I am wondering why they refused to board you if the CDC says that rapid tests (as long as they are viral - for example PCR or Antigen) are allowed. What rapid test did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

I am flying with Air Canada in a few weeks and was going to do rapid antigen test.

Thanks

Mel

12 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

oh no that's such an awful situation, i'm so so sorry! if i'm being honest, I doubt they'll allow you in if you don't have valid PR status. Do you have any other grounds for entering Canada as a visitor? (ie visiting family) if youre coming to 'upkeep property' it will not be allowed. play around with this tool to see if you fall into other categories: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-no-symptoms-us

so sorry to hear you're going through this. keep us posted! 

Yeah, my husband is Canadian citizen. Wondering if I take copy of his passport and show his Canadian company pay stubs and say that we are returning back. My husband and my son are in u.s. and they will follow next week. What do you think?

9 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

I am happy most of it went smooth! It is definitely nice to hear a positive story!

I am wondering why they refused to board you if the CDC says that rapid tests (as long as they are viral - for example PCR or Antigen) are allowed. What rapid test did you do, if you don't mind me asking?

I am flying with Air Canada in a few weeks and was going to do rapid antigen test.

Thanks

Mel

So I got the RAPID SARS COV 2 AG apparently? I had also taken a PCR test at the same time but the results didn't come through on time, so I was dumb and assumed I could just use the rapid results. Then, they sent me to a place where I got the SARS-COV-2-RNA PCR and had the results within 30 mins? This is all gibberish to me but it the main thing is that it's PCR. :)

4 minutes ago, Abhikochar said:

Yeah, my husband is Canadian citizen. Wondering if I take copy of his passport and show his Canadian company pay stubs and say that we are returning back. My husband and my son are in u.s. and they will follow next week. What do you think?

hmmm... maybe, just maybe, if you could prove that you're reuniting with family they would let you in under his status. or, does he have any Canadian ties? could you say youre visiting him? i think thats your best bet! but then again, you can't lie. this is a tough one, sorry!! it all depends who you get on the day, and if you say youre married to a Canadian who is working for a Canadian company they might let you though. i personally would try, just because i'm a chancer, but follow your gut. or, if you could hold off and travel together, that might help. best of luck!! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Abhikochar said:

Hey friends, I got an urgent situation come up. Hoping someone can help me out. We are in Boston, and I booked my trip to Canada for tomorrow to go pick up valuables from home, just noticed my PR card has expired during travelling. It expired on June 2, 2021. Do you think they will allow me one time entry to Canada? I booked my flight. Let me know if anyone has been in a similar situation. I just don't want to fly to find out that I have to go back to Boston.  

While your PR card has expired, your PR status has not. Canadian PR is only lost if its renounced or a judge has concluded you have not met the residency obligation of being physically present in Canada 2 years out of every 5 year rolling period or if you're deemed inadmissible to Canada. However, you will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada without a valid PR card or PR Travel Document provided by a Canadian Embassy/Consulate. However, you can enter Canada at the land border and presenting your expired PR card and valid foreign passport. The CBSA might get snippy about it, but as a PR you enter Canada by right per S.27(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A PR card has to be renewed within Canada, a PR travel document allows you to board a flight without a valid PR card if you get stuck overseas and it's lost/expired. PRTDs take 2-4 weeks when I last checked. I strongly advise you enter Canada by land as it'll be the fastest way of getting back. Don't forget, you must use ArriveCAN and have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to your attempted entry.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

1 hour ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

While your PR card has expired, your PR status has not. Canadian PR is only lost if its renounced or a judge has concluded you have not met the residency obligation of being physically present in Canada 2 years out of every 5 year rolling period or if you're deemed inadmissible to Canada. However, you will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada without a valid PR card or PR Travel Document provided by a Canadian Embassy/Consulate. However, you can enter Canada at the land border and presenting your expired PR card and valid foreign passport. The CBSA might get snippy about it, but as a PR you enter Canada by right per S.27(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

A PR card has to be renewed within Canada, a PR travel document allows you to board a flight without a valid PR card if you get stuck overseas and it's lost/expired. PRTDs take 2-4 weeks when I last checked. I strongly advise you enter Canada by land as it'll be the fastest way of getting back. Don't forget, you must use ArriveCAN and have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to your attempted entry.

Hope this helps.

Hi there, thanks so much for your response here. I was reading last night that on u.s. passport, without showing the PR card I can enter Canada and take proof of Canadian citizenship for my spouse and proof of marriage, that is marriage certificate. I am going to try that and see if they allow me. Let's see, fingers crossed for today. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.