Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, DMV said:

I can't even imagine what someone DQ'd in mid-septmeber or mid-October is going through right now. Being so close to the finish line and then getting ghosted by the consulate for 60+ days. 

I'm DQ Sept 9th and this had definitely taken a mental toll on me to the point that my family are already suggesting I talk to a professional about my depression. I don't think I can really afford to wait another month of waiting. Hoping to hear something next week...

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Montreal, Canada

I-130 NOA1: February 25, 2020

I-130 NOA2: May 26, 2020

NVC DQ: September 9, 2020

Interview: July 2, 2021 (APPROVED!)

CR1 Visa Received: July 12, 2021

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, DMV said:

I can't even imagine what someone DQ'd in mid-septmeber or mid-October is going through right now. Being so close to the finish line and then getting ghosted by the consulate for 60+ days. 

It's literal hell...-internal screaming- My hubby is about to run out of time he can actually be in Canada at this point, debating flying down to the US for a visit but it'd depend on quarantine requirements in Canada for my return.

And while I do recognize that US Citizen Services are important, literally every consulate offers those in Canada, they can't that busy with it surely? Also important to note that US Citizen passport renewals can be done via mail, I think only first issuance need to go via the consulates.

The idea with the tiers is that some appointments from all tiers get scheduled each month. E.g. If they had 100 appointments it'd probably go.

Tier 1 - 40

Tier 2 - 30

Tier 3 - 20

Tier 4 - 10

Of course there being few tier one cases I'd imagine it should go:

Tier 1 - 10

Tier 2 - 50

Tier 3 - 25

Tier 4- 15

But yeah, they're not doing much of anything right now. I haven't heard many if any family preference cases get scheduled for June/July, and as far as I've seen the only employment based ones are for national interest cases.

My guess is that there's a lot of people on vacation + public holidays + covid excuses.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, helloTdot said:

I'm DQ Sept 9th and this had definitely taken a mental toll on me to the point that my family are already suggesting I talk to a professional about my depression. I don't think I can really afford to wait another month of waiting. Hoping to hear something next week...

I think you should, because you’ll benefit from the support of having to continue managing the traumatic impact this has had on some of us. Being denied at boarders, not being allowed to go home, not being allowed to visit, living in monthly cycles of rejection, housing instability, losing your support system, and to mention the grieving of plans and events lost to an endless separation with no deadline. Even when this is over, for lots of us it still won’t be over 😔

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

15 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am not understanding your confusion.

I thought you have been saying that K1s are being interviewed in June and July. (I haven't checked myself, but going by your previous posts.) If they have issued ILs for K1 all the way to July end, wouldn't the next round only be expected in July for K1s?

Besides that:

1. The consulate made it clear that the majority of the time is spent on consular services for US citizens in the Montreal area.

2. You are forgetting parents and children (unaccompanied by spouses) of US Citizens who are also in Tier 2 along with spouses and K1s. Guessing these are fewer, but still exist and are ongoing.

Sorry if you were confused with my post, but what I meant was that, if they are focusing on processing more K1s to let them catch up with spousal like you also speculated in the previous posts, it makes more sense to see them issuing additional ILs now to book more interviews in July for K1s already. So far, the tracker only shows July 2nd and July 26th booked for K1 interviews and there has been no movement. I know the tracker only capture a fraction of the whole applicant population, but usually it shows a good indication of any progress. 

>>1. The consulate made it clear that the majority of the time is spent on consular services for US citizens in the Montreal area.

I'm not sure if you are referring to "citizens services" like passport renewals but if you do, I don't believe they impact our IV process as they are not processed by the same IV unit.  Besides, other citizens services have been operating at full service for a while during the pandemic as indicated on their website, so nothing has changed on that end in April and doesn't explain this holdup. 

>>2. You are forgetting parents and children (unaccompanied by spouses) of US Citizens who are also in Tier 2 along with spouses and K1s. Guessing these are fewer, but still exist and are ongoing.

They are on the same Tier, so again it won't be a factor that explains this holdup unless somehow the consulate is prioritizing them over spousal and K1. 

Like @DMV said, this has been beyond frustrating for all of us, and transparency is greatly lacking in this process.

Posting a few vids is a progress, but practically speaking we are still in the same position, left in the dark without a clue of when our interviews will be scheduled. If they are trying to level out the backlogs among different IV categories and have to suspend interviews for spousals for a month or two months, that's fine, but they could communicate that with petitioners and applicants to manage expectation, so that they won't be bombarded with inquiry emails, calls, and messages on SNS. We dont know what we dont know, but I have to say there are a lot things they could do to improve transparency of the process and alleviate great deal of stress and griefs of many people. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

Sorry if you were confused with my post, but what I meant was that, if they are focusing on processing more K1s to let them catch up with spousal like you also speculated in the previous posts, it makes more sense to see them issuing additional ILs now to book more interviews in July for K1s already. So far, the tracker only shows July 2nd and July 26th booked for K1 interviews and there has been no movement. I know the tracker only capture a fraction of the whole applicant population, but usually it shows a good indication of any progress. 

Thanks for clarifying. Well that is good news... How many days in a month normally are interviews scheduled (total for K1 and IR1/CR1). If this is more than 2, then I would take that as a good indication that interview letters for IR1/CR1 may still come for July.

>>1. The consulate made it clear that the majority of the time is spent on consular services for US citizens in the Montreal area.

I'm not sure if you are referring to "citizens services" like passport renewals but if you do, I don't believe they impact our IV process as they are not processed by the same IV unit.  Besides, other citizens services have been operating at full service for a while during the pandemic as indicated on their website, so nothing has changed on that end in April and doesn't explain this holdup. 

No, you are right, it doesn't explain the holdup for IR1/CR1, it was simply an answer to to what Montreal embassy is doing right now. I see now that it doesn't answer your question in the context of what you are asking.

>>2. You are forgetting parents and children (unaccompanied by spouses) of US Citizens who are also in Tier 2 along with spouses and K1s. Guessing these are fewer, but still exist and are ongoing.

They are on the same Tier, so again it won't be a factor that explains this holdup unless somehow the consulate is prioritizing them over spousal and K1. 

Yes, they are Tier 2. They are not prioritised over IR1/CR1 or K1. They are Equal in priority. Are we tracking these interviews? Do we know if any of the days in July are dedicated to these interviews? Maybe Montreal are focusing on these cases in July, I don't know.

Like @DMV said, this has been beyond frustrating for all of us, and transparency is greatly lacking in this process.

Posting a few vids is a progress, but practically speaking we are still in the same position, left in the dark without a clue of when our interviews will be scheduled. If they are trying to level out the backlogs among different IV categories and have to suspend interviews for spousals for a month or two months, that's fine, but they could communicate that with petitioners and applicants to manage expectation, so that they won't be bombarded with inquiry emails, calls, and messages on SNS. We dont know what we dont know, but I have to say there are a lot things they could do to improve transparency of the process and alleviate great deal of stress and griefs of many people. 

I hear your frustration, but having experience and knowledge of immigration in multiple countries, the hard truth is lack of transparency comes hand in hand. Those videos released was the most transparent I have seen any govt organisation be about immigration. Yes, absolutely there is a lot they could do and probably should do. But personally, I have 0 expectation that they will. I also have worked with govt official both at middle and very senior levels and their default is to give as minimum information as possible to avoid being questioned in case they don't meet their targets... 

So again, I guess the difference here is I am resigned to the notion that when it comes to transparency this is as good as it gets and I just deal with it with working with worst case scenario.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

Nothing in London today either...whatever is going on in MTL is also going on in concert with LND...or it's just a coincidence. My hope is for Monday at this point, but I'm mentally preparing myself to wait another month failing that.

Maybe they heard me planning to transfer my case over to them and they decided to join MTL in their games...I jest.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
1 hour ago, DMV said:

I took the liberty to check out your timeline and you were DQ'd in April. I was personally DQ'd in March and we didn't really face any COVID-related disruption until now. Some of the people on this thread have waited much longer than us for their I-130s and were DQ'd almost 10 months ago. Their frustration is honestly justified. 

I didn't mean my post to discount the frustration being faced by September/ October DQ. I fully sympathies with them.

At the same time, although I am DQ'd in May, it is not completely true that COVID has not affected my timeline. One example is the long wait for police clearances that I had to get for multiple countries besides Canada that delayed my NVC submission. Also, you and I, will eventually face the brunt of this suspension of interviews for CR1/IR1 for one and possibly 2 months that the September/ October DQs are facing.

We are all hoping against hope that interviews are scheduled in July...

Lastly, I misunderstood some of @Shumai84 post, and I apologise for that.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Nothing in London today either...whatever is going on in MTL is also going on in concert with LND...or it's just a coincidence. My hope is for Monday at this point, but I'm mentally preparing myself to wait another month failing that.

Maybe they heard me planning to transfer my case over to them and they decided to join MTL in their games...I jest.

What is the average wait time for London? Better than Montreal?

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

Literally I'm losing my mind. I got a job offer from the company in the US which I worked hard for a long time to get, but this delay could screw it up.

Imagine you are next in line with all the plans already laid out and a job and family members waiting for you, and the consulate shut the door all the sudden and leave you in the dark for 60+ days like this. 

Congratulations on job offer, and I do hope it works out. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

What is the average wait time for London? Better than Montreal?

Far better, I think it's Feb/Mar 2021 DQ's who are up next.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Far better, I think it's Feb/Mar 2021 DQ's who are up next.

That sucks! Sucks that most of us have no choice but to interview at Montreal, which appears to be one of the most back logged in the world.

I used to live in Singapore from 2009 to 2018, and there interviews for CR1/IR1s are scheduled within 2/3 weeks of DQ. I was/am seriously considering going back there by finding a job and gaining residency that way, then quitting after the CR1 interview at consulate... but of course terrible thing to do to an employer lol. Also hard to get an employment pass application approved now due to pandemic, as Singapore is really tight on granting them.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

Getting a response from the Montreal consulate that someone from the visa unit will contact is a positive on a Friday. They even said thanks for your patience which I have never read, when receiving an email from them!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.