Reed1812

Is TONS of evidence really necessary for I-751?

98 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am getting ready to put together my I-751 and after following a few threads here the amount of evidence people are sending seems staggering. One persons package weighed 23lb!

So far I have got all the regular stuff together, finances, insurance, home ownership, trips away etc and I am confident my evidence will be way below 100 pages, maybe even below 50. 

Which is right? I cannot help but think overloading and drowning the officers with 1000s of pages of evidence contributes to the problem of how slow the USCIS is.....or am I missing something and my I-751 is insufficient?

Would be interesting to hear how many pages (approx.) you guys sent.

Thanks. Great forum as always.

Just submit what the 751 asks for. They really just want to see shared finances. They already approved your previous green card, so you already have a folder on file.

I had to do an interview because i was on deployment for all the other interviews, so i missed them.

Affadavits are a joke.

Edited by Murphsegj

@Reed1812 There is no set formula. The I-751 instructions state they require evidence since the date of your marriage. They want you to cover the entire time you have been married and not just since USCIS approved your AOS

I would make sure that you all pages of anything that you decide to submit. Sometimes folks make the mistake of only including the first page of a lease agreement or the first page of bank statements. I would definitely include all pages. 

Here is a nice example of a comprehensive I-751 submission. Scroll down to the second post. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Thanks for all the replies. 

Mindthegap. I hope you manage to get your conditions removed smoothly! Sounds like a nightmare.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Reed1812 said:

Hello,

I am getting ready to put together my I-751 and after following a few threads here the amount of evidence people are sending seems staggering. One persons package weighed 23lb!

So far I have got all the regular stuff together, finances, insurance, home ownership, trips away etc and I am confident my evidence will be way below 100 pages, maybe even below 50. 

Which is right? I cannot help but think overloading and drowning the officers with 1000s of pages of evidence contributes to the problem of how slow the USCIS is.....or am I missing something and my I-751 is insufficient?

Thanks. Great forum as always.

IMO, I do not think the amount or weight of evidence is set in gold....each officer review your cases based on the standards. Submit evidence of bonafide marriage, joint financial, joint tax, regular stuff. I cannot remember the number of pages I sent but I can assure you it was way less than 100 pages. I think my tax return might have been the heaviest one of the documents.

Wishing you luck and speed.......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

528 pages here, half of that consisted of joint credit card statements for 3 years since the marriage date.  The I-751 instructions say (bold added for emphasis): "Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."  So we followed those instructions literally and it ended up being 528 pages.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Reed1812 said:

Agree with your thoughts,  as well as they miss the good stuff because it’s hidden in overload. Example I think 4 bank statements spread over the marriage is better than 36 bank statements. Tax transcripts are condensed and don’t fill the folder. 

Mine was 75 pages and by far the most pages of any other submission from K1 to naturalisation. Approved without interview.

Edited by Wuozopo

53 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

528 pages here, half of that consisted of joint credit card statements for 3 years since the marriage date.  The I-751 instructions say (bold added for emphasis): "Submit copies of documents indicating that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered in “good faith” and was not for the purpose of circumventing immigration laws. Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date, and to demonstrate any circumstances surrounding the end of the relationship, if it has ended."  So we followed those instructions literally and it ended up being 528 pages.  Here's the table of contents:

Table of Contents for Evidence I751 redacted.pdf 96.71 kB · 3 downloads

It's exactly what we did. :) The instructions are crystal clear - evidence from the date of the marriage to the present date. I do not know how many pages we submitted but the package weighed 13lbs. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

Where is @Timona? Timona knows someone who got approved without any evidence - just the I-751 form. :) 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, mindthegap said:

There is no correct answer, given the entire process is subjective, against an arbitrary USCIS checklist that isn’t set in stone.

If you are referring to me with the mention of a 23lb package, it was actually 28lb and as  mine is a third I-751 filing and I’m dealing with some serious psycho ex issues, it is very far from the norm. 

I know and remember your case vividly. Hopefully, things turn out great for you. Keep the faith.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.