highvoltage

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé expedite

27 posts in this topic

Hi All,

This is the background of my issue. I am an active duty service member in the army. Not trying to be entitled right now stationed at Oconus, not sure about the PCS orders yet. Now my fiance is in a foreign country and i want to expedite my case on humanitarian grounds. Do you think that would make a good enough case? Also what would be the process do we just call the military helpline and wait for someone to work on my case and give us some kind of tracking number to track the same?

What have people done here regarding expediting their case, i know everybody's situation is different just trying to figure out as to how go about this process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

These may be helpful.  I am not familiar with the differences between making an expedite request as a regular person vs an active military member.

Good Luck!

https://immigrationroad.com/blog/tips-on-expediting-uscis-processing-for-military-personnel/

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Hi All,

This is the background of my issue. I am an active duty service member in the army. Not trying to be entitled right now stationed at Oconus, not sure about the PCS orders yet. Now my fiance is in a foreign country and i want to expedite my case on humanitarian grounds. Do you think that would make a good enough case? Also what would be the process do we just call the military helpline and wait for someone to work on my case and give us some kind of tracking number to track the same?

What have people done here regarding expediting their case, i know everybody's situation is different just trying to figure out as to how go about this process.

I would start with the military helpline. https://www.uscis.gov/military/military-help-line

If that does not take you far, I would add pressure by contacting your US Senator. https://www.senate.gov/senators/ Go to their personal page. There should be a link that says "Help communicating with a federal agency/USCIS"

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

19 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Hi All,

So is your fiance in your host country right now or in a different country?

21 hours ago, Dashinka said:

These may be helpful.  I am not familiar with the differences between making an expedite request as a regular person vs an active military member.

Good Luck!

https://immigrationroad.com/blog/tips-on-expediting-uscis-processing-for-military-personnel/

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Hi,

Thank you so much for the links. I did call USCIS they said they were going to look into my case and get back to me. Not sure what happens next. What are the timelines generally you have seen for NOA2 (I129F) recently presuming no RFE ? WAC receipt numbers is what i meant.

8 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

I would start with the military helpline. https://www.uscis.gov/military/military-help-line

If that does not take you far, I would add pressure by contacting your US Senator. https://www.senate.gov/senators/ Go to their personal page. There should be a link that says "Help communicating with a federal agency/USCIS"

Hi,

Will do, military helpline is not that helpful. They just say that California service center is working on it. No word on expediting etc and other issues faced though.

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

So is your fiance in your host country right now or in a different country?

She is in a different country. I am in the US OCONUS though.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Nobody will offer you anything at USCIS. You have to tell them what you want that's the same for both hotlines. They'll send you an email asking for more evidence to make your case and then they'll decide if you get a spot in the fast lane. From there to NOA2 can still take many weeks.

And there's no difference in the process between military/ non military. USCIS tends to be understanding for needs of military members and their families. That's a plus.

What exactly is your reason for the expedite? Upcoming orders? Because being separated during the process is not going to cut it 😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 1:27 AM, highvoltage said:

Hi All,

It’s unlikely they will expedite your case but it’s worth a try. As far as I’ve seen, the processing timeline is pretty much the same for military and non-military. The only difference is they understand the needs of the military. My wife (then fiancé) got here on a K1 visa (took a year), I tried to have her AOS packet expedited on humanitarian ground when I knew I was deploying but it was denied. She had her green card interview alone while I was deployed in iraq and got approved. All cases are different, you can try the military helpline.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:32 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

Nobody will offer you anything at USCIS. You have to tell them what you want that's the same for both hotlines. They'll send you an email asking for more evidence to make your case and then they'll decide if you get a spot in the fast lane. From there to NOA2 can still take many weeks.

And there's no difference in the process between military/ non military. USCIS tends to be understanding for needs of military members and their families. That's a plus.

What exactly is your reason for the expedite? Upcoming orders? Because being separated during the process is not going to cut it 😉

Thanks for the information, so expediting is the best available option to me right now. I have called the helpline and they said they were going to email/call me back for further information. I have received my NOA1. Waiting for them to get back to me. I would be deployed to a foreign country. Wanted to get things done before i leave.

On 7/13/2021 at 5:12 AM, ashmed246 said:

It’s unlikely they will expedite your case but it’s worth a try. As far as I’ve seen, the processing timeline is pretty much the same for military and non-military. The only difference is they understand the needs of the military. My wife (then fiancé) got here on a K1 visa (took a year), I tried to have her AOS packet expedited on humanitarian ground when I knew I was deploying but it was denied. She had her green card interview alone while I was deployed in iraq and got approved. All cases are different, you can try the military helpline.

Thanks a ton for the information will call them and see what they say. what was the priority date on the i485 AOS? Was it the date when your i129f got approved? How long did it take for her green card to get approved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Thanks a ton for the information will call them and see what they say. what was the priority date on the i485 AOS? Was it the date when your i129f got approved? How long did it take for her green card to get approved?

You’re welcome. Sorry I really can’t remember what the priority date on the receipt notice was, I only remembered we filed towards the end of May 2019 and she got interviewed and got her green card January 2020.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
16 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Thanks for the information, so expediting is the best available option to me right now. I have called the helpline and they said they were going to email/call me back for further information. I have received my NOA1. Waiting for them to get back to me. I would be deployed to a foreign country. Wanted to get things done before i leave.

Do you really want to bring her over before you leave? She would be here all alone while you're deployed. Don't know where she's from but potential culture shock, no job, no drivers license, new to all the military stuff. That's though. We had six months before my husband left for deployment and I managed to expedite my EAD so I had a job, DL and felt kinda settled by that time but he also left for 3 weeks training a month after I got here and those 3 weeks were pretty hard.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/11/2021 at 11:27 PM, highvoltage said:

Hi All,

The only luck I've had for an expedite is when I requested expedite during the AOS portion for my wife since I had overseas orders.  

I didnt use the military hotline, I wrote to the local USCIS office with my package and got expedite approved.  

Where is your fiance currently located?

5 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

The only luck I've had for an expedite is when I requested expedite during the AOS portion for my wife since I had overseas orders.  

I didnt use the military hotline, I wrote to the local USCIS office with my package and got expedite approved.  

Where is your fiance currently located?

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know,  did you just mail to the address mentioned on USCIS page field office one right? Did you write a statement that due to this reason requesting for the case for expediting. She is right now located in her birth country and not in USA.

On 7/15/2021 at 11:50 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

Do you really want to bring her over before you leave? She would be here all alone while you're deployed. Don't know where she's from but potential culture shock, no job, no drivers license, new to all the military stuff. That's though. We had six months before my husband left for deployment and I managed to expedite my EAD so I had a job, DL and felt kinda settled by that time but he also left for 3 weeks training a month after I got here and those 3 weeks were pretty hard.

Thats actually a good point, she is not from any developed country so it would be a massive culture shock. What are my options apart from fastening the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.