Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

On p. 16 it says this: 

The following items must be submitted with Form I-864:

For ALL sponsors:

A copy of your individual Federal income tax return, including W-2s for the most recent tax year, or a statement and/or evidence describing why you were not required to file. Also include a copy of each and every Form 1099, Schedule, and any other evidence of reported income. You may submit this information for the most recent three tax years, pay stubs from the most recent six months, and/or a letter from your employer if you believe any of these items will help you qualify.

If you merely send tax returns, you’re very likely to receive RFE to submit more financial evidence. To avoid RFEs and subsequent delays, you should throw everything you got at them. 

I'm aware of this, but it does specifically say "You may submit [...] if you believe any of these items will help you qualify" - thus I'm reading this as not a requirement. Afaik the current income proof was dropped a while ago.

I-864 INSTR pg 8 also says the following:

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income, or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

asdf

8 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I'm aware of this, but it does specifically say "You may submit [...] if you believe any of these items will help you qualify" - thus I'm reading this as not a requirement. Afaik the current income proof was dropped a while ago.

Well if you want to focus on wording, then sure, they do not say you must submit it. But I see people getting RFEs for it so why focus on wording and not the actual practice? Just because it doesn’t say must doesn’t mean they won’t ask for it. They do ask for it all the time. I’d rather do all I can to avoid RFEs than hope tax documents will suffice on their own.

Edited by powerpuff

12 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Well if you want to focus on wording, then sure, they do not say you must submit it. But I see people getting RFEs for it so why focus on wording and not the actual practice? Just because it doesn’t say must doesn’t mean they won’t ask for it. They do ask for it all the time. I’d rather do all I can to avoid RFEs than hope tax documents will suffice on their own.

That's absolutely fair enough if that's what you want to do, but why make it sound like it's a dead set requirement when it's simply not. 

I actually haven't seen many people getting RFE'd just for current income proof or pay stubs specifically, but either of our experiences with regards to this will be purely anecdotal anyway I guess.

asdf

4 hours ago, Verocopter said:

Hi everyone,

I just received an RFE 😞

They want:

- Submit a completed and signed Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, from the petitioning sponsor. All pages must be present and of the latest edition date.
- Provide the petitioning sponsor's Social Security Number on Form I-864.
- Provide a complete and correctly calculated household size for the petitioning sponsor on Form I-864.
- Submit a complete copy of the petitioning sponsor’s Federal income tax return, including all supporting tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, Form 2555, and tax schedules) filed with the return, for the most recent tax year.

They have the completed and signed I-864 (with the current edition date), the SSN and the tax transcripts. The householdsize we added was 2. Is this right? It is only me and my husband (the sponsor). As supporting documents for the I-864 we included in our original packet: Birth certificate, passport page, 2018-2020 tax return transcripts, employment verification letter, most recent three month's pay stubs. Now we are gathering all sorts of tax papers, 1040, W2, 1099.... it's already about 50 pages that I will have to scan and upload... Am I missing something?

I'm worried now 😞 

I just uploaded everything that they wanted from me. Let's see if there is still something missing.

Thank you everyone for your support!

16 minutes ago, ghostinthemachine said:

I actually haven't seen many people getting RFE'd just for current income proof or pay stubs specifically, but either of our experiences with regards to this will be purely anecdotal anyway I guess.

Maybe because vast majority of people do include evidence of current income. To each their own I guess. 

Edited by powerpuff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
22 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Maybe because vast majority of people do include evidence of current income. To each their own I guess. 

I didn't. 🤷 Honestly, a correct I-864 won't get us an EAD/AP any earlier, so I'm not so much concerned about getting it exactly right the first time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good morning everyone, 

Just got RFE for birth certificate, though it's was duly submitted by me and it was scanned by them also as in my documents that can I see always 

But it is what it is........

My Birth certificate has both foreign language as well as English language.....

So my question is that whether I required to submit translation of it or not,please help me at your earliest friends

I really appreciate your help 

Just now, Myjaan said:

Good morning everyone, 

Just got RFE for birth certificate, though it's was duly submitted by me and it was scanned by them also as in my documents that can I see always 

But it is what it is........

My Birth certificate has both foreign language as well as English language.....

So my question is that whether I required to submit translation of it or not,please help me at your earliest friends

I really appreciate your help 

My birth certificate is from India and it also contains both native and English language. I did not translated the certificate and just uploaded to my uscis online account.

i created a pdf with rfe letter, cover letter explaining the document Im attaching and scanned copy of birth certificate. 

Just now, HarryHerc said:

My birth certificate is from India and it also contains both native and English language. I did not translated the certificate and just uploaded to my uscis online account.

i created a pdf with rfe letter, cover letter explaining the document Im attaching and scanned copy of birth certificate. 

All these 3 docs in one pdf file

22 minutes ago, HarryHerc said:

I did the same too, just attached my Birth Certificate PDF file and send it back via USCIS online account. 
The status changed-“Response to USCIS RFE was received”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
37 minutes ago, HarryHerc said:

Thank you my friend, I am going to do this but not add the cover letter.....is that fine ?

15 minutes ago, RishDan said:

I did the same too, just attached my Birth Certificate PDF file and send it back via USCIS online account. 
The status changed-“Response to USCIS RFE was received”

Thank you, I will do this surely. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Submitted my RFE response yesterday.

Wasn't successful in getting an electronic version of my daughter's bio notice (they can only send them out 7 days after the scheduling of the appointment at the earliest). My wife's bio appointment is on Monday, so it may turn out we don't get to do both of theirs in one day.

Hello,

Has anyone had a typographic error on your name when USCIS sent you back the NOA1 notice and were you successful in changing the error ?

I was asked to contact the USCIS customer service center to do it at the time of my biometrics appointment , but the number just takes you to an virtual agent and not a real person to talk abou tthis..

Does anyone have a contact number to talk to an agent about this and fixing the error in my name please ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
28 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Hello,

Has anyone had a typographic error on your name when USCIS sent you back the NOA1 notice and were you successful in changing the error ?

I was asked to contact the USCIS customer service center to do it at the time of my biometrics appointment , but the number just takes you to an virtual agent and not a real person to talk abou tthis..

Does anyone have a contact number to talk to an agent about this and fixing the error in my name please ?

Yes my wife name on one of our NOA1 it has her name twice Ryer/ Byer. It’s supposed to be Byer. I sent them a message on my online account. They responded that if it’s our fault they will send a RFE but if it’s theirs fault it will be automatically updated

25 minutes ago, Stacy&Kerisha said:

Yes my wife name on one of our NOA1 it has her name twice Ryer/ Byer. It’s supposed to be Byer. I sent them a message on my online account. They responded that if it’s our fault they will send a RFE but if it’s theirs fault it will be automatically updated

Thanks for your response. 
I had the same issue but on all my three NOA1s , my spelling of first name was wrong.(Just one alphabet)
I did sent them a message via online USCIS account but have not received any response from them yet. It’s been 4 weeks now since I messaged them 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.