Sarge2155

July 2021 - AOS Filers

598 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, keelypropp said:

Got the letter for the biometrics appointment scheduled for August 30th! 

Congratulations, what’s your noa1 date? I really hope mine comes soon

Edited by Treasure1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

After 30 days, we finally got a text message!! Just waiting for the NOA1 in the mail. Just wondering why does the payment says it’s pending? TIA!!

11 minutes ago, smbathan said:

After 30 days, we finally got a text message!! Just waiting for the NOA1 in the mail. Just wondering why does the payment says it’s pending? TIA!!

Congratulations!! 
We filed our AOS package on 12 th July, got our NOA1s (3 letter in mail) on 19th July but still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. 
Is there many in the group of July-AOS filers still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter ? 

1 hour ago, smbathan said:

I assume you are talking about your bank. Banks usually don't post transactions the same day they get them and it takes a couple of days to officially post to your account. I would not worry about it!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

16 hours ago, RishDan said:

Congratulations!! 
We filed our AOS package on 12 th July, got our NOA1s (3 letter in mail) on 19th July but still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter. 
Is there many in the group of July-AOS filers still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter ? 

I'm also still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter!

NOA1 (text) 07/23 

NOA1 (letters) 07/29

Edited by Verocopter

On 8/21/2021 at 1:07 PM, RishDan said:

Congratulations!! 

Me! Pd July 13th. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, RishDan said:

Congratulations!! 

Still waiting. PD July 14th.

Generally, I've heard it takes at least a month, but can take longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/21/2021 at 2:07 PM, RishDan said:

Congratulations!! 

Still waiting too

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just a small update on our front, we filed a Change of Address a week ago (8/16) for our K-1 AOS applicant, which would change our field office from Washington, DC to Miami, FL. The queue in Miami is about 20% smaller than DC, but of course, we're going to have a delay due to the transfer... Still it was only a month since we our application was even received, so it shouldn't delay things too much.

We haven't even received receipt numbers for our K-2 AOS applicant, so we haven't been able to file a Change of Address for her yet. I'm wondering if there is a COA process for someone like that, technically in the middle of adjustment but no receipt numbers.

17 hours ago, Treasure1 said:

Still waiting too

Hi Guys! 
An update - I went online on USCIS Account and under I-485 Application - “Documents” section found my biometrics appointment letter. It was dated on Aug-21 

It is a 2 page document with the fist page about the detail and venue of my biometrics, the second page had an Applicants Information Worksheet(AIW) 

question- Are you we supposed to fill this section before the biometrics interview or is this something they will fill from the field office ? 
maybe anyone in the group who has already finished their biometrics can help me on this? 
also, who are waiting for biometrics appointment letter can check their account online , and you may find your electronic letter already sent to you. ( physical email might take another couple days) 

TIA ☺️

20 hours ago, RishDan said:

Hi Guys! 
An update - I went online on USCIS Account and under I-485 Application - “Documents” section found my biometrics appointment letter. It was dated on Aug-21 

It is a 2 page document with the fist page about the detail and venue of my biometrics, the second page had an Applicants Information Worksheet(AIW) 

question- Are you we supposed to fill this section before the biometrics interview or is this something they will fill from the field office ? 
maybe anyone in the group who has already finished their biometrics can help me on this? 
also, who are waiting for biometrics appointment letter can check their account online , and you may find your electronic letter already sent to you. ( physical email might take another couple days) 

TIA ☺️

I was wondering the same thing! I have the letter now and it looks like this was the form they used to have you fill in at the appointment but now they send it to you to complete at home and bring in with you. I assume this is a change that was introduced as part of the safety measures they use to manage covid.

My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow so I'll post an update after.

2 minutes ago, midsummer said:

I was wondering the same thing! I have the letter now and it looks like this was the form they used to have you fill in at the appointment but now they send it to you to complete at home and bring in with you. I assume this is a change that was introduced as part of the safety measures they use to manage covid.

My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow so I'll post an update after.

Thanks for your feedback and good luck 👍🏼 for tomorrow. 
please share your experience after it’s done. 

12 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Thanks for your feedback and good luck 👍🏼 for tomorrow. 
please share your experience after it’s done. 

I re-re-read the instructions just now and it says, 

"Fill out the Applicant Information Worksheet below and bring it to your appointment to complete the biometric collection process."

So that's what we need to do with it. :)

Edited by midsummer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.