Richard2022

MY WIFE IS MEETING WITH ANOTHER MAN.

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi all, please i need your advise. I married my wife June 2019, we applied for my CR1 visa on Febuary 21, 2020, and got DQ November 2020. But my wife is now threatening to divorce me and stop the whole immigration process. She is a US citizen, she came to my country and we both married legally but i was surprised she changed towards everything, she told me that she have started seeing another man over there in US. PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

*** Topic moved to "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits" section of the forum

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

If she really wants to be with another man and doesn't want you to come to her, her one email to the embassy or NVC mentioning that will cancel the interview.

Could it be just a heat of the moment, you two arguing and she saying that?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Honestly, if your wife has changed for the worse and seeing other men and threatening to divorce you, you need to make some real hard decisions to be happy with life. Either you want to stay and fight for your marriage or go along with the divorce. 

Immigration-wise, if she pulls the plug on the petition, there's really nothing you can do.

Timeline

Thanks @arken currently she doesn't communicate with me. Even when I tried calling directly on her mobile, she wasn't responding. She made it clear to me that she is seeing another man

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Of she is really moving on, there's nothing you can do. There will be no interview and even if it happens, you won't be approved. It's best for you to move on as well.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Sorry that you are going through this. 

There is nothing you can do on your end regarding the visa process. If she emails USCIS, NVC or the embassy and informs them that she is no longer proceeding with the petition then it is over. It is also over if she just walks away from this, meaning no longer communicates with the immigration agencies.

You mentioned you 2 are married in your country. If this relations really ends, you should start learning about your divorce options since she is not in the country and possibly not responsive to your questions or being cooperative. 

Good luck.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like you need a Divorce Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

How will i know if she eventually stopped the immigration process? Will i receive an email from USCIS, or NVC stating that my immigration process has terminated? 

6 hours ago, Dozie said:

Hi all, please i need your advise. I married my wife June 2019, we applied for my CR1 visa on Febuary 21, 2020, and got DQ November 2020. But my wife is now threatening to divorce me and stop the whole immigration process. She is a US citizen, she came to my country and we both married legally but i was surprised she changed towards everything, she told me that she have started seeing another man over there in US. PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

Not much you can do.   She’s not doing anything illegal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.