gyo

I dont know what to do, need some help.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all,

I am in dire need of some help right now as i am very confused. I migrated to the US in 2019 via K1, currently have my conditional GC and will be removing conditions next year. Like most couples, we have had our arguments and all but the last one is really freaking me out. We had an argument about going to a party or something like. My wife went down the basement and started hurting herself, beating herself with a hammer. Then walks in and hands me a gun, telling me to keep it away from her that she might hurt herself. This scares me alot as much as i want to forget about it. She is seeing a psychiatrist now tho but is there any way to protect myself. This happened with her past marriage and i thought she had gotten over it. 

My mental health is wrecked right now and i have been keeping to myself because i dont want to do? How can i protect myself, do i report or something?

Thanks Guys.

Edited by gyo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

As much as you love her and want to support her...you should go to the police station and make a report ASAP. Not because you want to leave her or you are not willing to work things out, its just to have it on file and have the police investigate it. I have learnt that in marriage any injury on a person even if its self inflicted should be reported and investigated. Especially when a gun is involved...without help she is dangerous to herself and anybody around her. As a mental issue, you are still her husband and you should support her through this difficult period...she needs you psychological and emotionally. 

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

As much as you love her and want to support her...you should go to the police station and make a report ASAP. Not because you want to leave her or you are not willing to work things out, its just to have it on file and have the police investigate it. I have learnt that in marriage any injury on a person even if its self inflicted should be reported and investigated. You are still her husband and you should support her through this difficult period...she needs you psychological and emotionally.

Thank you, do i call them or physically go make a report? 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, gyo said:

Thank you, do i call them or physically go make a report? calling them to the house might attract undue attention...you not traying to tell the world your wife has mental issues...you trying to have it investigated and have it on file.

Just walk into the nearest Police station...ask to speak with a police man

Edited by Sparkle Sparkle

Timeline
1 minute ago, gyo said:

Okay thank you so much.

I will not call them to the house as it  might attract undue attention...you not traying to tell the world your wife has mental issues...you trying to have it investigated and have it on file.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Just out of curiosity, did you hit her?...have you ever hit her?....are you abusive? 

Never! i am not abusive. It is an issue from her past and she has not healed from it yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Anytime a person causes harm or threatens to harm themself,  another person or property ,  the police should be notified 

whether you call 911 or go to the police is up to you

but do not ignore the problem

she could seriously hurt herself or you or someone else and blame you for domestic violence 

there is help but you have to get her to it as obviously her present medication is not helping 

A note 

HIde all sharp knifes

Get the gun out of the house 

Baseball bats,   fireplace pokers and the such should be hid also 

and i mean hid well or stored with a neighbor so she can not get to them

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, gyo said:

Hi all,

I am in dire need of some help right now as i am very confused. I migrated to the US in 2019 via K1, currently have my conditional GC and will be removing conditions next year. Like most couples, we have had our arguments and all but the last one is really freaking me out. We had an argument about going to a party or something like. My wife went down the basement and started hurting herself, beating herself with a hammer. Then walks in and hands me a gun, telling me to keep it away from her that she might hurt herself. This scares me alot as much as i want to forget about it. She is seeing a psychiatrist now tho but is there any way to protect myself. This happened with her past marriage and i thought she had gotten over it. 

My mental health is wrecked right now and i have been keeping to myself because i dont want to do? How can i protect myself, do i report or something?

Thanks Guys.

This is not normal behavior. If it happens again please call 911 she should get sent to a hospital for a psych evaluation. Do you have the number to her psychiatrist? I would call and let them know what happened as well. They may not be able to discuss your wife’s care with you but this will not prevent you from informing the psychiatrist. Did you know your wife owned a gun? I would see if you could give this up to the police as well. Someone in this state of mind should not own a gun. If she got committed to a psych hospital she would have to get the guns confiscated or be taken out of the house and held by someone else (depending on state law). OP please be careful. You were given good advice earlier about going to the police to report this. It must be so hard and scary to see your wife go through this but you need to protect yourself as well. Good luck.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

As others have mentioned, call 911 if it ever happens again. Make a report of it to the police. Get the gun out of the house, the tools and anything else that can be grabbed easily. 

Get yourself counseling too. If need be get out and live somewhere else while she is in treatment. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Is @gyothe same person as @Drenimarcus??... Nonetheless, reporting will have absolutely no effect on kids... They will not be taken away as you are also a parent and capable of taking care of tjem while their mother gets mouch needed help. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Is @gyothe same person as @Drenimarcus??... Nonetheless, reporting will have absolutely no effect on kids... They will not be taken away as you are also a parent and capable of taking care of tjem while their mother gets mouch needed help. 

sorry for the confusion, that was my old account. I was on a different browser.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.