2,965 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Sk N said:

you did not got c31 card yet? they issued you again c09 and what does your current i360 shows

nope. I360 shows - name was updated on Dec 31st 2019 and that's it. Current EAD class C09P - whatever the P means - can somebody clarify that please?

6 minutes ago, FAP said:

nope. I360 shows - name was updated on Dec 31st 2019 and that's it. Current EAD class C09P - whatever the P means - can somebody clarify that please?

that is for your pending i485 , i also have the same ead. Well, hopefully your i360 gets approved soon. 

On 8/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, Vawa&U said:

Thank you , congratulations to you too :)) 

congratulations :), that gives some hope i am. really worried about how what is going to happen, suffered a lot but hard to prove. Hope and pray.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

I’m October 2019, just received an update of RFE on August 5, waiting for the letter to arrive

will update you 

Thank you, Lulu oz. This is really helpful. There was a recent approval for an oct 2019 PD in the forum. This means they are taking their first good look at processing oct 2019 cases. My PD is November 2019, at this rate I am hoping to hear something in a month or two. 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Vawa&U said:

Lord Jesus Christ, by your patience in suffering you hallowed earthly pain and gave us the example of obedience to your Father's will. Be near me in my time of weakness and pain; sustain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to your will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord and my God. Amen.

Amen 🙏 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 8/7/2021 at 10:57 AM, Rosa Garcia said:

If you have money for an attorney I would go that route. Some congress  people don't answer immigration requests. That depends on the state. I don't understand how some people here are talking about patience and staying humble and not bother USCIS and normalizing 3, 4 years waiting time. The fact that we are being treated like secondary human beings doesn't mean we need to act this way. 

I surely do understand the frustration in this process. You also have to understand that it's solely not the responsibility of USCIS to work on cases but relies on other agencies like the FBI to conduct positive background checks. If the USCIS is stuck at that point I have no idea how a lawsuit will speed the process. But do not hesitate to file one if the need calls for it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/8/2021 at 10:37 AM, Nina Galia said:

Oh thank you . MY I-360 was approved on 02/26 /21 and did not received the approval letter 😫. Ufff 

On you case status page does it say that they mailed your approval notice, mine said that they send notice and i got it on time. Usually they send notice as soon as your case is approved.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 12.31.00 PM.png

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/4/2021 at 2:05 PM, FirstTimer said:

Hello Family

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @Vawa&U @TBoneTX @FeDaniela @Pinkrlion @Ana FL @Apolo do we need to file I864W with i360 Package. which include the following application forms

1. I-360

2. I-765

3. I-131

4. I-485

You don't have to fill out form I-864W.

Timeline
On 8/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Rosa Garcia said:

I'm sorry if my questions are stupid but I have two questions! 

1.Does Uscis send forms I-360s to NBC for reviewing? 

2. Can applicants have interviews based on I-360 in their field offices to determine approval?

Thank you for your reply! 

NBC doesn't review I-360 petitions to decide if the approval is correct or not.There is no interview regarding  a VAWA case (I-360).

Timeline
On 8/8/2021 at 1:14 PM, Pinkrlion said:

No I did not read it wrong, this is your statement that is incorrect - The purpose of PF is to give you a “shield” from deportation while your case is being adjudicated.  PF does not function in this manner.  

Only Deferred Action keeps you from being deported.  

You are right just with deferred action the removal will not be initiated,  not with  Prima Facie.

Timeline
On 8/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, Reister said:

You can quote my statement but make sure you don’t leave out the key parts of it😉 . I stand corrected . Not only deferred action keeps you from being deported . But that’s a topic for another forum I guess . 

You are wrong. Prima face is just to receive public benefits, there is anything to do with keeping someone here.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:37 AM, Nina Galia said:

Oh thank you . MY I-360 was approved on 02/26 /21 and did not received the approval letter 😫. Ufff 

You should contact your congressperson to inquire on your behalf.

Timeline
On 8/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, Foto said:

I have been hearing the word congress, pls how do you contact a congress in your state, is there a fee you have to pay to them before they can help you with your case?

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.