Girl777

K3 visa - length of process and how to speed up

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Girl777 said:

it is also hard to rely on forum versus lawyer, .

Then why are you here?

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Girl777 said:

t is also hard to rely on forum versus lawyer,

You might be surprised at how much inaccurate information we see from attorneys here......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Timeline

So, below is what immigration lawyer wrote,  this is wrong that we can freely travel? sorry for smalls errors, no time to fix.

During our conference we discussed that this  preferable option for the parties is

for XXX and XXX to legally marry either in Canada or in the United States.

Immediate relative visa petitions (Forms I-130) would bc filed by XXX for both XXX

and XX. Each would require a separate petition. 'These petitions, when approved, would classify XXX as the spouse of a U.S. citizen and XXX as the step child of XXX

U.S. citizcn. These petitions could take 8-10 months for USCIS to approve.

When approved, the petitions would be sent 10 thc National Visa Centcr QrIVC)

for processing of XXX and XXX immigrant visas and culminating with an

interview at the U. S. consular post in Montreal. However, while the petitions are

pending and the immigrant visas arc being processed, XXX and XXX would be able

to visit US with the understanding that they would be returning to Canada

until they were issued their immigrant visas. Canadians are visa-exempt of the visa

requirements of 8 CF'R section 212.1 when traveling to visit the United States.

When the immigrant visas for XXX  and XXX are issued, they would need to

enter the U S. within 120 days. 'Their U.S. Lawful permanent resident cards (green cards)

would be  mailed to them at the  U.S. address provided upon entry. Valid tor two years,

their green cards would typically arrive 4 to 6 weeks after entry. As a lawful permanent

resident, XXX would be able to travel freely in and out of the U.S immediately upon

entry unlike the K-1 visa.

I am here because I want to get info from all sources, I am not saying forum has no trustful info, nor do I say I have to believe each attorney who is paid, nothing negative just appreciate other people's experiences and opinions. We all are in similar boats here trying to help each other..

Edited by Girl777

Timeline

11 minutes ago, Girl777 said:

So, below is what immigration lawyer wrote,  this is wrong that we can freely travel? sorry for smalls errors, no time to fix.

During our conference we discussed that this  preferable option for the parties is

for XXX and XXX to legally marry either in Canada or in the United States.

Immediate relative visa petitions (Forms I-130) would bc filed by XXX for both XXX

and XX. Each would require a separate petition. 'These petitions, when approved, would classify XXX as the spouse of a U.S. citizen and XXX as the step child of XXX

U.S. citizcn. These petitions could take 8-10 months for USCIS to approve.

When approved, the petitions would be sent 10 thc National Visa Centcr QrIVC)

for processing of XXX and XXX immigrant visas and culminating with an

interview at the U. S. consular post in Montreal. However, while the petitions are

pending and the immigrant visas arc being processed, XXX and XXX would be able

to visit US with the understanding that they would be returning to Canada

until they were issued their immigrant visas. Canadians are visa-exempt of the visa

requirements of 8 CF'R section 212.1 when traveling to visit the United States.

When the immigrant visas for XXX  and XXX are issued, they would need to

enter the U S. within 120 days. 'Their U.S. Lawful permanent resident cards (green cards)

would be  mailed to them at the  U.S. address provided upon entry. Valid tor two years,

their green cards would typically arrive 4 to 6 weeks after entry. As a lawful permanent

resident, XXX would be able to travel freely in and out of the U.S immediately upon

entry unlike the K-1 visa.

This is not for a K-3.....K-3 visa holders do not become legal residents upon entry into the US.    What makes you think this is in reference to a K-3 visa?

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, Girl777 said:

I am here because I want to get info from all sources, I am not saying forum has no trustful info, nor do I say I have to believe each attorney who is paid, nothing negative just appreciate other people's experiences and opinions. We all are in similar boats here trying to help each other..

As others pointed out, K3 visas are basically dead and a quick Google search will easily confirm this. Not sure why K3 is being asked about when your lawyer also did not mention the K3 in the previous comment where you quote the info they sent you. There is zero way for anyone (whether they have an immigration lawyer or not) to speed up the immigration process, no matter what visa type you are applying for. USCIS decides when to look at your case and there is no way for anyone to influence that. Sorry but there is no way around the wait time. And this is true whether you decide to bring your family to the USA or you decide to go to their country to live with them. That is just how it is.

Maybe I am wrong, they spoke about marriage required for this visa, so I kept thinking it is K3, since all f that was premature due to court process not resolved I did not get into details at that point. So, sounds like they re-routed me to some other visa, would it be then what based on this?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Girl777 said:

Maybe I am wrong, they spoke about marriage required for this visa, so I kept thinking it is K3, since all f that was premature due to court process not resolved I did not get into details at that point. So, sounds like they re-routed me to some other visa, would it be then what based on this?

The information you quoted sounds more like a CR-1 visa, except that it contains inaccurate information such as the "..enter the US within 120 days......".  

Edited by Lucky Cat

ok thanks everyone, I just started to panic about waiting times but I am sure my fiancé knows all details, just need to connect with him later ( for some reason I kept thinking  they want us to proceed with K 3) but I guess it might be what you say, other visa type. I will confirm what is it and makes sense to ask question when I know . Appreciate everyone's help,

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Girl777 said:

I just started to panic about waiting times

The process will take approximately 12-24 months...at least.

Edited by Lucky Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes,  your original k1 may have been a lot faster (back then)  but not the case now /  that was quite a while ago as you state it expired while you waited

erase K3 from your mind

the lawyer is talking about a CR1 spouse visa and what he said about the I 130 (CR1 visa for spouse) is true

when the CR1 /CR2 visa stamp or the green card,  you are free to go back and forth to home country which you can not do on the I 129 till green card is issued (taking about a year now)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.