Wynn Liang

HELP!!How to apply K1 visa when my us citizen fiance is in jail?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Wynn Liang said:

Thank u very much, his case was domestic violence, is that ok?

Ooohhh.  

I think that is going to be a problem. For the protection of foreign spouses and fiancé(e)s, the immigration agencies have more discretion to deny petitions and visas when the petitioner has a history of violence.  Especially domestic violence.  

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, Wynn Liang said:

I saw this on the criminal part, we're gonna be honest about his case and still willing to marry each other, is that still a serious problem to get denial?

Yes.  It will not be easy, if you are approved at all.

1 hour ago, Wynn Liang said:

his family shoot him 3000$ per month, can that be a kind of income?

No.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Maybe it wouldn’t be a problem if it was “light” assault and if it had happened long time ago, but he just got 8 months for probation violation.. On top of that it’s not some random fight in a bar, it’s domestic violence, big red flag. Depending of what he did, you might have trouble getting any visa approved because they will think that he will turn against you one day. Maybe he can take anger management lessons after jail and prove to you and consulate that he can change. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 6/4/2021 at 2:20 PM, Wynn Liang said:

Hello everyone! Thank you all for ur time to reading this. We really need help and we really appreciate every comment u guys post. If there are people who had the similar situation please let me know.

Here's our basic situation:

My us citizen fiance is in jail currently, he'll be out after 8 months. We want to get me a visa, so i can get there immediately once he's out and then get married.

I'm Chinese, we met in China. We've been together for 1 year till last month. We were physically together for 7 months before he went back to America 3 months ago. I have proof of our relationship such as our pictures, chat history screenshot, and i recorded some of he's calls from jail, and all of our family members knows too. 

Our questions are:

- How can he do his part while he's in jail? 

such as fill forms, signatures, get his photos for the application, bank bill proof, etc.

- What can we do about he has no income?

Before his jail time, he was a  student, and now he can't have a job since he's in jail. Does that effect the result of application? if it does what can we avoid it as much as we can?

- Does the embassy will denial the visa since my fiance is in jail for now? Is there any other effects of he's in jail?

- Anything I can avoid? and anything i can do to make it more possible to work?

Thank you again☺️

I think you should wait until he gets out. Him being in jail isn’t a good look.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.