Lady A

K1 VISA PROCESSING—THIS IS RIDICULOUS

43 posts in this topic

Okay I’m here to whine because I find this to be ridiculous. I was looking at visa statistics for Lagos Nigeria and there were 6 K1 visas processed in March compared to 180

CR-1 visas 254 IR-1 Visas and over 1700 B1/B2 visas!!!! How is this fair???? I can’t reunite with my fiancé but they can process tourist visas??? And marriage visas are priority but not fiancé visas??? If my fiancé was here he’d be my husband. I’m so frustrated. Been sitting at the NVC for a year in two weeks!!! This is so unfair. I’m so upset. Sorry I needed to vent somewhere 

Edited by Lady A

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Lady A said:

Okay I’m here to whine because I find this to be ridiculous. I was looking at visa statistics for Lagos Nigeria and there were 6 K1 visas processed in March compared to 180

CR-1 visas 254 IR-1 Visas and over 1700 B1/B2 visas!!!! How is this fair???? I can’t reunite with my fiancé but they can process tourist visas??? And marriage visas are priority but not fiancé visas??? If my fiancé was here he’d be my husband. I’m so frustrated. Been sitting at the NVC for a year in two weeks!!! This is so unfair. I’m so upset. Sorry I needed to vent somewhere 

You are not alone. I feel your frustrations 100%.  Please feel free to vent, sometimes we all need that. It's hard just being patient when we are just in complete limbo with no idea why Lagos (many other embassies) refuses to process K-1s. We are all well aware there is a pandemic, but the virus is not just contagious to k1 applicants.  There is no reason we are almost in June 2021 and March/April 2020 cases are still sitting at NVC. The CDC already put Nigeria in level 1 for covid indicating low covid risk yet we still sit here with talks of priority for K1s YET NO ACTION! There are vaccines, tests, glass windows, and so many precautions that can be taken, yet they continue to make people suffer

1 hour ago, S&Pro said:

You are not alone. I feel your frustrations 100%.  Please feel free to vent, sometimes we all need that. It's hard just being patient when we are just in complete limbo with no idea why Lagos (many other embassies) refuses to process K-1s. We are all well aware there is a pandemic, but the virus is not just contagious to k1 applicants.  There is no reason we are almost in June 2021 and March/April 2020 cases are still sitting at NVC. The CDC already put Nigeria in level 1 for covid indicating low covid risk yet we still sit here with talks of priority for K1s YET NO ACTION! There are vaccines, tests, glass windows, and so many precautions that can be taken, yet they continue to make people suffer

Thank you! Appreciate the support. I mean I’d understand if everyone only had 6 visas processed but clearly they have the capacity to process literally thousands of visas so it’s not that. I don’t understand why K1 visas are not being given any priority. It’s just a painful something. And our people are heartless. They don’t give a damn when you call to ask for help. Ugh 🤦🏾‍♀️ 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lady A said:

Thank you! Appreciate the support. I mean I’d understand if everyone only had 6 visas processed but clearly they have the capacity to process literally thousands of visas so it’s not that. I don’t understand why K1 visas are not being given any priority. It’s just a painful something. And our people are heartless. They don’t give a damn when you call to ask for help. Ugh 🤦🏾‍♀️ 

Exactly! They have the capacity since they processed almost 2K other visas.  They are choosing not to process K1s. 6 is unacceptable when you do over a thousand others. It's so painful to see oo

Filed: Timeline

I know it doesn't help your frustration level, but I'm sure the vast majority of those 1700 B1/B2 visas were "renewals" that qualified for interview waivers, so nobody had to come into the Embassy.  They almost assuredly do not have the capability to have that many people come into the Embassy right now.

Edited by jan22

2 hours ago, jan22 said:

I know it doesn't help your frustration level, but I'm sure the vast majority of those 1700 B1/B2 visas were "renewals" that qualified for interview waivers, so nobody had to come into the Embassy.  They almost assuredly do not have the capability to have that many people come into the Embassy right now.

Thanks for the insight. But how does that explain the number of visas for spouses that were issued compared to the number fiancé ‘s? How do they get to decide that a fiancé is less important? If my fiancé was here we would be married. And while I’m happy to go marry my fiancé in Nigeria what’s the purpose of going to the back of the line and paying all that money to start all over? It’s absolutely unfair and absolutely ridiculous. 6 compared to hundreds. There’s no excuse for that 

2 hours ago, Lady A said:

But how does that explain the number of visas for spouses that were issued compared to the number fiancé ‘s? How do they get to decide that a fiancé is less important?

Unfortunately during COVID the spousal visas became prioritize over fiance visas.  Some consulates are still operating this way. Current State Department update is they are the same tier.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 hours ago, Lady A said:

Thanks for the insight. But how does that explain the number of visas for spouses that were issued compared to the number fiancé ‘s? How do they get to decide that a fiancé is less important? If my fiancé was here we would be married. And while I’m happy to go marry my fiancé in Nigeria what’s the purpose of going to the back of the line and paying all that money to start all over? It’s absolutely unfair and absolutely ridiculous. 6 compared to hundreds. There’s no excuse for that 

Probably because a spouse is a legally recognized relative, where a fiance is not.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Probably because a spouse is a legally recognized relative, where a fiance is not.

Understandable however the current State Department guidelines has them both under tier 2. So they are making it appear  as if they will be process equally yet they are processing hundreds of spouses yet single digit K-1s. If they want to process just spouses and leave K-1s out, then change their tiers rather than give fiance's false hope. State Department has been chanting priority for K-1s since August 2020. Yet their actions and numbers says otherwise. We are cheering for all spouses as they deserve to be priority, were just asking also not to be completely left out. Most of us would have been married months almost a year now had it not been for the government 

34 minutes ago, S&Pro said:

Understandable however the current State Department guidelines has them both under tier 2. So they are making it appear  as if they will be process equally yet they are processing hundreds of spouses yet single digit K-1s. If they want to process just spouses and leave K-1s out, then change their tiers rather than give fiance's false hope. State Department has been chanting priority for K-1s since August 2020. Yet their actions and numbers says otherwise. We are cheering for all spouses as they deserve to be priority, were just asking also not to be completely left out. Most of us would have been married months almost a year now had it not been for the government 

I could not have said this better myself. I am happy for everyone who gets to reunite with their loved ones but I also would like to reunite with mine. If my fiancé was here, we would be married already PERIOD. This is evil. They pretend they’re processing K1s but when you look at the numbers for K1 visas processed, it’s abysmal. Nobody deserves this. I cry every single day. My fiancé cries too probably not as much but this is terrible. I don’t know why they have so much power. At this point, it’s not about the pandemic because they clearly have the capacity to process 100s to 1000s of visas. Man I’m so angry and frustrated 

Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, Lady A said:

I feel your pain. My heart aches every time I check my status. It is so not fair. Lives on hold. Money spent trying to keep it all together while waiting. Ticket expenses, calls, ....heart aches....it is not fair. 

Timeline
On 5/20/2021 at 2:17 PM, jan22 said:

Nigeria doesn't do interview waivers and they stopped doing drop box renewals for B1/B2. Those B1/B2 issued were from interviews.

Timeline
On 5/17/2021 at 10:11 PM, Lady A said:

When I called NVC on Friday (5/21/21) I was told Lagos finally updated their processing status and had requested K1 cases. Hopefully those of us at NVC will see movement soon. Anyone waiting should definitely call NVC to find out the latest information on Lagos processing of K1s. It hasn't been easy but we will all get there soon. 🙏🏾💛

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.