yvonme

Congressman Case at NVC K1

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hola. So I've searched VJ and the results are a mixed bag and not so recent (if I missed it tag me, or I'll delete this etc). Some posts say yes, some posts say no or are not from embassies that are actually open. 

Our case is at NVC, a representative has advised its been in the building but not yet action or done anything as of April 28th. 

My Congressman and I talk, I'm a U.S Veteran and I'm involved in a variety of discussions and advocacies and we were in conversation and I have mentioned how difficult it has been since my father who I was very close to passed away a couple months ago and I live alone, would love my partner to join me and we haven't seen each other close to 500 days. Congressman has offered his help but not sure if this would delay the current process. I'm hoping that within a couple weeks NVC will update our case as recieved or we get that e-mail we all hope to get or if Congressman can actually help at this point or perhaps at the appointment level at open Sydney Embassy. 

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated before I send my Authorization Form. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, yvonme said:

before I send my Authorization Form. 

Giving your Congressperson access?  I see no harm.....but I doubt it will result in anything.  Good luck.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Being a vet is of no advantage.  My 20+ years gained me no benefits.  K-1s are already expedited through NVC when consulates can process them.  Congresspeople have no influence to speed up the process.  Being separated is the norm for immigration.  I don't mean to sound insensitive, but immigration is not fast, cheap, or easy.  This pandemic has made  the process even more difficult than it already was. Patience is the key.  There are thousands and thousands of people waiting in line. Good luck.  I hope your fiance joins you as soon as possible.

Thank you. I didn't expect me being a Veteran that it would expedite things, we are just in close communication constantly as I work on other areas and we just happen to be close professional contacts. I have a lot of benefits personally being a Veteran, which has been very good for me thus far from free medical care, constant education benefits, housing, etc - its allowed me to achieve so many of my goals and I'am forever grateful. I'm sorry you have had no benefits after 20 years ! I work in Veteran Advocacy groups and volunteer.. do you mean as far as immigration policy? 

Thanks again. I didn't want to add them to the mix incase it would delay it. Some posts says its worked for them but they were varied scenarios. The NVC representative also said there is minimal processing with K1's and its only a matter of time and the response felt positive. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, yvonme said:

I have a lot of benefits personally being a Veteran,

I meant there were no immigration benefits for having served 20 years.  Take a look at my signature.  It was a great honor for me to have had the opportunity to serve.  I am extremely proud of my military career....and I reap intangible benefits from that service every single day.   

"Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)"

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I meant there were no immigration benefits for having served 20 years.  Take a look at my signature.  It was a great honor for me to have had the opportunity to serve.  I am extremely proud of my military career....and I reap intangible benefits from that service every single day.   

"Retired 20 year United States Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)"

Wonderful! :) Yay!  Thanks for your advice. 

Timeline

I dont know if you follow check the "Similar Timelines" feature that VJ has. But, there is one person who was in the September Filers group with us that is going through Sydney and it took them about a month to get their case number from NVC. Its been less than a week since your case made it to NVC, most other people who are going through Sydney its relatively fast compared to other embassies. 

Personally, I dont think there would be any reason to expedite it unless your embassy is one that has huge backlog or not processing at this time. From the sounds of it, your case is moving on track with others.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by JustineC85

Our Timeline:

i29F Sent: 9/17/20

NOA 1: 9/21/20

RFE: 4/14/21

RFE Response Sent: 4/22/21

RFE Response Received: 4/26/21

NOA 2: 5/10/21

Interview Date: December 10, 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, yvonme said:

Hola. So I've searched VJ and the results are a mixed bag and not so recent (if I missed it tag me, or I'll delete this etc). Some posts say yes, some posts say no or are not from embassies that are actually open. 

Our case is at NVC, a representative has advised its been in the building but not yet action or done anything as of April 28th. 

My Congressman and I talk, I'm a U.S Veteran and I'm involved in a variety of discussions and advocacies and we were in conversation and I have mentioned how difficult it has been since my father who I was very close to passed away a couple months ago and I live alone, would love my partner to join me and we haven't seen each other close to 500 days. Congressman has offered his help but not sure if this would delay the current process. I'm hoping that within a couple weeks NVC will update our case as recieved or we get that e-mail we all hope to get or if Congressman can actually help at this point or perhaps at the appointment level at open Sydney Embassy. 

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated before I send my Authorization Form. 

I involved my State Senator after USEM tried for the 3rd time to send my then fiancé back to St Lukes for a physical when in fact they were holding the paperwork for a physical sent to them the week before.  People will tell you that a Senator or Congressman can not help but I will tell you I got an apology out of USEM and a visa was issued less than a week later.   As far as being a Vet  it really should help you but it does not.  I am 100% service connected disabled from wounds I received in   

Vietnam and that will not even get you a free cup of coffee.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

and my Senator (and a lawyer i consulted) said Congressmen /women have no influence over immigration and embassies

they can inquire and get the same messages you get 

you are from a (low or no ) fraud country so a Senator may be willing to ask the embassy to request the case from NVC /  consider one politican to another and the do favors for each other time to time 

so its worth signing the paper to disclose the information with the Senator''s office

(714) 558-3785.

Timeline

Thank you everyone for the input at least maybe this can help having an updated VJ result for congressman inquiries. Some were old so I do appreciate everyone’s responses. Sorry @PWB you do not feel appreciation especially during May, National Military Appreciation Month. My father was also  a Vietnam Veteran but has received helped before his passing, benefits and certainly one of this favorite things were free movie tickets and lasik (so nice that was!) :) Sometimes its the little things that help us feel supported/comforted but do know that I do appreciate you. 

I have read a Congressman do help though but in bigger cases, complicated DACA here in Southern California. In the case of K1, the majority says “No”. My lawyer also said same. 
Thanks all !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

You never know until you try! Every congressman is different, has different views on assisting with immigration, and will offer their help to different extents…with that being say go ahead and ask your congressman friend to help 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Snowy2020 said:

You never know until you try! Every congressman is different, has different views on assisting with immigration, and will offer their help to different extents…with that being say go ahead and ask your congressman friend to help 

We have seen, over the years here, that a Congressperson can only obtain the status of a case.......but little more.  The fact is that there are thousands and thousands of cases in  line.  Patience is the key.  The best action is for a person to apply for an expedite....if there is a legitimate and accepted reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, yvonme said:

When did you receive your NOA2? It typically takes 30 days for NVC to assign a case number after the NOA2, which honestly isn't bad compared to the rest of the waiting we've done

Timeline
7 minutes ago, NandV said:

When did you receive your NOA2? It typically takes 30 days for NVC to assign a case number after the NOA2, which honestly isn't bad compared to the rest of the waiting we've done

Hi! 8 days to include weekends. It was a question because s/he was just offering and I wondered what the community here thought about it. Got great feedback. I’m sure my friend forgot about it :) 

What I do want to know is the DHL hack. I must’ve read the guide so many times 😂 I might be overthinking it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.