J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Etherial said:
Here is the link for the May Cases file.
What I noticed is that 2 cases got denied Dec 3 and Dec 8 and another case got approved Nov 30. There is no possible way for me to know if that approval was expedited but with the recent denials also, that means they have started working our cases.
I will be updating the file once a week maybe more often depending on work.

I wouldn't get any hopes up. There is over 6000 cases (K1s) from prior months that are open before May. At the same time, the processing rate has fallen over 50% since September and continues to fall.

Bellow you can see on first set still unopen cases from each month (NOA1). Second(RFE and other status) and Third(closed cases) sets show processing rate each month, and it continues to go down each week.

If the processing rate stays on same level as now, we are looking at least 4-5 additional month of waiting.

I have been tracking this since May, funny thing that the processing rate for K1 has collapsed after appointment of Jaddou to new USCIS head. She is very active on Twitter :D, making ceremonial appearances, while at same time the agency is literally falling apart :D. 

PS all figures are only K1s - 129F

2021_12_12_K1_Cases.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
32 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

I wouldn't get any hopes up. There is over 6000 cases (K1s) from prior months that are open before May. At the same time, the processing rate has fallen over 50% since September and continues to fall.

Bellow you can see on first set still unopen cases from each month (NOA1). Second(RFE and other status) and Third(closed cases) sets show processing rate each month, and it continues to go down each week.

If the processing rate stays on same level as now, we are looking at least 4-5 additional month of waiting.

I have been tracking this since May, funny thing that the processing rate for K1 has collapsed after appointment of Jaddou to new USCIS head. She is very active on Twitter :D, making ceremonial appearances, while at same time the agency is literally falling apart :D. 

PS all figures are only K1s - 129F

2021_12_12_K1_Cases.png

Thanks for this info,

However, we see daily that cases arent processed by priority date anymore, meaning they are approving March cases while there are still February and January cases still in NOA1.

So, it's good to see progress even if it's gonna be at slow rates. As I said above 2 (May) cases got denied Dec 3 and Dec 8 and another case got approved Nov 30 so at least there is some movement.

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

3 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Thanks for this info,

However, we see daily that cases arent processed by priority date anymore, meaning they are approving March cases while there are still February and January cases still in NOA1.

So, it's good to see progress even if it's gonna be at slow rates. As I said above 2 (May) cases got denied Dec 3 and Dec 8 and another case got approved Nov 30 so at least there is some movement.

This has been happening every month (i am tracking cases since May, and habe all statuses and changes, of cases), they do 1-2 cases for May. And since i track every case, i see if it was expedite or not. Most approved caeses in May up now were not expedite, just some random processing.

So it seems that they process random batches to keep average processing time down, because if they did it properly, they would have to adjust expected dates on their website to 9-10 months, instead of 6.5-8.5 currently

Timeline
1 minute ago, DSBeijing said:

This has been happening every month (i am tracking cases since May, and habe all statuses and changes, of cases), they do 1-2 cases for May. And since i track every case, i see if it was expedite or not. Most approved caeses in May up now were not expedite, just some random processing.

So it seems that they process random batches to keep average processing time down, because if they did it properly, they would have to adjust expected dates on their website to 9-10 months, instead of 6.5-8.5 currently

Agreed. Still we got stay updated, hence why we made the file

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
The May filers doc is updated today.
No changes except 1 case was approved on Dec 14 (doc was previously updated Dec 11) that had previously gotten an RFE.
Thats good news cause they are starting to touch our cases.

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello dear sisters and brothers in this boat with me ❤️ Any idea when they will update their processing times? I am 10 days from filing outside processing and super nervous they will hit it back to March before I get to file. Are they updating on regular basis or any random day?

On 12/11/2021 at 5:18 PM, Etherial said:

This type of skipping around has been noted for YEARS here on VJ.  It is not a sequential process.

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

This type of skipping around has been noted for YEARS here on VJ.  It is not a sequential process.

Yes, they are literally using it to make the processing times look better then they really are. 

If they did it properly, real processing times would ne 10-12 Months instead of 6.5-8.5 as they are now.

There are over 2500 cases in March and over 2800 in April before us. 

And they have been processing around 1300-1500 K1 per month, so it us sadly long way ahead of us.

I still hope that they will pick up steam soon, and go back to processing rates of over 2000 per month

1 hour ago, DSBeijing said:

Yes, they are literally using it to make the processing times look better then they really are. 

If they did it properly, real processing times would ne 10-12 Months instead of 6.5-8.5 as they are now.

There are over 2500 cases in March and over 2800 in April before us. 

And they have been processing around 1300-1500 K1 per month, so it us sadly long way ahead of us.

I still hope that they will pick up steam soon, and go back to processing rates of over 2000 per month

Maybe.   I’m sure that even with contract workers,  USCIS cannot maintain optimal staffing levels with omicron infections and exposures.    It’s that way in most work sectors at the moment.   Where I live, pharmacies, grocery stores, and even schools have had to close due to staffing.

29 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Maybe.   I’m sure that even with contract workers,  USCIS cannot maintain optimal staffing levels with omicron infections and exposures.    It’s that way in most work sectors at the moment.   Where I live, pharmacies, grocery stores, and even schools have had to close due to staffing.

I track processing rate since May for all months of 2021. 

Omicron is not at fault, the processing rate halved since August 2021, we went from over 2000-2500 cases per month to 1200-1500 in good month.

What ever happened to processing of K1 started long before Omicron. 

I will post screenshots when i get back home tonight. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Omicron is not at fault, the processing rate halved since August 2021, we went from over 2000-2500 cases per month to 1200-1500 in good month.

Yes, CJ just updated the chart for March and there were only 10 updates today. It’s extremely bad.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

53 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

I've been reading VJ for 6 years.  The fluctuations you're describing are not new.  I've seen I129f processing times vary from 3 months to 12 months during that time.  I'm sure the pandemic and variant outbreaks have not helped the situation, but based on years of watching this stuff, USCIS processing productivity definitely waxes and wanes.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

On an average day we:

• Process 3,100 applications to sponsor relatives and future spouses.

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/a-day-in-the-life-of-uscis

please process may

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.