J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kiwiana21 said:

Out of curiosity, have you been charged the $535 fee yet?

Congratulations! Now we wait 🙂

Oh for sure I've paid government fee while filling our petition. And sent the payment check with petition

Adding ourselves in here as well 😊

I-129 F Sent -  May 11th 2021

I-129 F Received by lockbox - May 12th 2021

We received the text with the case number on May 20th and got the NOA1 in the mail a week later.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JanaV said:

Adding ourselves in here as well 😊

I-129 F Sent -  May 11th 2021

I-129 F Received by lockbox - May 12th 2021

We received the text with the case number on May 20th and got the NOA1 in the mail a week later.

Congratulations 🎊🍾 It’s time to wait 🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, J&D1008 said:

Hello, 

This is for the May 2021  K-1 filers. Welcome! Just know the lockbox is delayed a couple weeks, so you may not receive your NOA-1 right away. However, your case will be backdated to the received date.

Example

I-129 F Sent -  May 3rd 2021

I-129 F Received by lockbox - May 6, 2021

I-129 F - Notice Date - May 19, 2021

In this example your NOA-1 should be May 6, 2021. Forget about the notice date. This will help you properly fill out your timeline.

image.png.677692134d27dbda8d9fa065a3a07aef.png

Hi, thanks for creating this thread!

I'm also one of the May 2021 filers but I have a question regarding the timeline and NOA1 date. As you mentioned, we should disregard the notice date and use the receipt date for our NOA1 but when I update my timeline, the "help finding your NOA date" link says to use the notice date as NOA1. So I was wondering if you know the actual reason why we should use the receipt date and not the notice date, and why does the website says to use notice date. 

I'm just trying to properly fill out my timeline so that I have the most accurate information. Thanks in advance!🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alina & Alex said:

Hi, thanks for creating this thread!

I'm also one of the May 2021 filers but I have a question regarding the timeline and NOA1 date. As you mentioned, we should disregard the notice date and use the receipt date for our NOA1 but when I update my timeline, the "help finding your NOA date" link says to use the notice date as NOA1. So I was wondering if you know the actual reason why we should use the receipt date and not the notice date, and why does the website says to use notice date. 

I'm just trying to properly fill out my timeline so that I have the most accurate information. Thanks in advance!🙂

USCIS goes by "received date" and not notice date. That picture is directly from USCIS website. Unfortunately, many of us November - march filers had a 3month delay in  receiving the NOA-1 which really does not matter because they only care about the date they received the case. I think this website did not expect the pandemic and the delays it would cause. Usually you received your NOA-1 a couple days to a week after they received your case which wasn't a big deal. My case was received in January but not scanned into the system until March, yet they gave me a January date.  

Edited by J&D1008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys, I’m looking into affidavits of supports. I’m finding a lot of conflicting information online. Some websites are saying that an affidavit of support is needed before the fiancé interview but then the actual USCIS website says that one is not needed until AOS. Does anyone know anything about this?

63BD2FCB-6085-4026-850D-11B52593C0FA.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, sb3570 said:

Hey guys, I’m looking into affidavits of supports. I’m finding a lot of conflicting information online. Some websites are saying that an affidavit of support is needed before the fiancé interview but then the actual USCIS website says that one is not needed until AOS. Does anyone know anything about this?

Go through this.  It is an awesome guide that VJ created.  That gives you a good idea.  Then I would go to the us embassy/consulate website for the beneficiary's country and go to Visa -> immigrant visa -> scroll down to the bottom and there should be a link for fiance(e) visa -> click on interview inside of fiance(e) visa link.  I went through the guide after filing my I-129F (as i did not know about visa journey beforehand) and then found links searching inside VJ for specific criteria per my fiancee's country.  Then, I went to the website of the US embassy for Ukraine and went to their interview tab to see what it shows as far as interview procecures.  All of this helped me tremendously.
Once I found all the information I needed, I quit searching for myself and focused on her and our current life. (This is a step I highly recommend)

Edited by Keithn85
added parentheses

Timeline
8 hours ago, sb3570 said:

63BD2FCB-6085-4026-850D-11B52593C0FA.png

The Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is needed upon the interview and you should bring this along with the NOA1, NOA2, and the other documents you have submitted during the first filing. See the Ireland Consulate Review section https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=29406  here in VJ and you’ll find loads of information there about the interview process. There are also some recent K1 interviews which are really helpful. Hope that helps! :) 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

Go through this.  It is an awesome guide that VJ created.  That gives you a good idea.  Then I would go to the us embassy/consulate website for the beneficiary's country and go to Visa -> immigrant visa -> scroll down to the bottom and there should be a link for fiance(e) visa -> click on interview inside of fiance(e) visa link.  I went through the guide after filing my I-129F (as i did not know about visa journey beforehand) and then found links searching inside VJ for specific criteria per my fiancee's country.  Then, I went to the website of the US embassy for Ukraine and went to their interview tab to see what it shows as far as interview procecures.  All of this helped me tremendously.
Once I found all the information I needed, I quit searching for myself and focused on her and our current life. (This is a step I highly recommend)

Ah thank you so much, yeah we’re just getting worried because we didn’t know if we needed it or not. Since he lives here with me in my country he has no “American” income so we will have to get a co sponsor. But better to know now and not 6 months down the line :)

4 hours ago, strwbrysky said:

The Affidavit of Support Form I-134 is needed upon the interview and you should bring this along with the NOA1, NOA2, and the other documents you have submitted during the first filing. See the Ireland Consulate Review section https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=29406  here in VJ and you’ll find loads of information there about the interview process. There are also some recent K1 interviews which are really helpful. Hope that helps! :) 

Thank you so much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

New to here! Im from Taiwan! 
So glad we have this community to share each other’s experiences 😊

I-129F Sent: May 17,2021

I-129F Received by lockbox: May 19, 2021

so this paper we received it’s not a official NOA1? 
Im very confused with the following process still, what will we need to do after receiving NOA1? Now we just wait? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crane424 said:

so this paper we received it’s not a official NOA1? 
Im very confused with the following process still, what will we need to do after receiving NOA1? Now we just wait? 

If you received the I-797C (Notice of Action) then that is your official receipt NOA-1.  It will have your service center case number which for California Service center it starts with WAC.  It also either gives you more instructions or it says "we will notify you if we need additional information." (paraphrased)
Once you receive that NOA-1, you will be in line for the NOA-2.  This is the part that you are hearing from other posts of people wondering how long it will take for their WAC case to be approved.  They are asking "When will I receive my NOA-2?"  Stay strong, as this takes a while.  You can read up on post NOA-2, but you are literally waiting to see if USCIS requests more evidence or approves your petition.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Keithn85 said:

If you received the I-797C (Notice of Action) then that is your official receipt NOA-1.  It will have your service center case number which for California Service center it starts with WAC.  It also either gives you more instructions or it says "we will notify you if we need additional information." (paraphrased)
Once you receive that NOA-1, you will be in line for the NOA-2.  This is the part that you are hearing from other posts of people wondering how long it will take for their WAC case to be approved.  They are asking "When will I receive my NOA-2?"  Stay strong, as this takes a while.  You can read up on post NOA-2, but you are literally waiting to see if USCIS requests more evidence or approves your petition.

Thank u so much Keith, now I just realize that paper we received (I-797C) it says Notice of Action = NOA 😂 silly us! We both so confused about this since May! 

yes our case went to California and I check on line with the case numbers, it just show that they already received ours on May 19. 
now we just wait then I guess, we have pretty much everything they asked for when we sent our the package, I hope it won’t take too long for us to get our NOA 2! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crane424 said:

Thank u so much Keith, now I just realize that paper we received (I-797C) it says Notice of Action = NOA 😂 silly us! We both so confused about this since May! 

yes our case went to California and I check on line with the case numbers, it just show that they already received ours on May 19. 
now we just wait then I guess, we have pretty much everything they asked for when we sent our the package, I hope it won’t take too long for us to get our NOA 2! 

Make sure you enter your dates on the timeline! It could be useful to others on the journey

Timeline
On 6/24/2021 at 10:53 AM, J&D1008 said:

Make sure you enter your dates on the timeline! It could be useful to others on the journey

yes just did it! thank you!! 

I hope everyone here get our NOA2 soon!! waiting and being apart is difficult :( 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.