J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi guys so I was originally in the April filers group but was advised to post here to see if anyone has any insight to this. I posted the packet 26th of April but it only arrived at the lockbox on may 3rd

our credit card was then charged on may 12th

still haven’t received any text or email or postal NOA1

getting a little worried now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, sb3570 said:

Hi guys so I was originally in the April filers group but was advised to post here to see if anyone has any insight to this. I posted the packet 26th of April but it only arrived at the lockbox on may 3rd

our credit card was then charged on may 12th

still haven’t received any text or email or postal NOA1

getting a little worried now

Have you added the form G-1145 to the case when you filed? Even if you filed the form they don't always send a text/email. I would wait another week for the NOA and then give them a call. I remember one time they told me over the phone if the check has been cached they can look up the case number even if you don't have the actual case#. Don't stress :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1_SA said:

Have you added the form G-1145 to the case when you filed? Even if you filed the form they don't always send a text/email. I would wait another week for the NOA and then give them a call. I remember one time they told me over the phone if the check has been cached they can look up the case number even if you don't have the actual case#. Don't stress :)

Yes we added the g1145 form. Yeah I’m hoping it might just be delayed because I know the postal system for USA - Ireland is very slow recently so I was expecting some delays with the postal NOA1 but I expected the text/email a day or two after they charged the card but it’s been over a week now and still nothing.

hopefully I’m stressing for nothing and it arrives soon :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Just now, sb3570 said:

Yes we added the g1145 form. Yeah I’m hoping it might just be delayed because I know the postal system for USA - Ireland is very slow recently so I was expecting some delays with the postal NOA1 but I expected the text/email a day or two after they charged the card but it’s been over a week now and still nothing.

Oh wait if the letter is sent to Ireland then definitely it's gonna take more time :D

Try to give them a call and see if they can give you the case number.

Timeline
1 minute ago, K1_SA said:

Oh wait if the letter is sent to Ireland then definitely it's gonna take more time :D

Try to give them a call and see if they can give you the case number.

Yes haha the post can be very slow sometimes 😂 i think i will give it until Wednesday and then that would be a full 2 weeks and then I will give them a call and see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, sb3570 said:

If you sent the I-129F from abroad, which it looks as though you did (Ireland), you had to send it to the non lockbox address. If you look closely at the wording on the G-1145, they only notify via text or email when applications are received at USCIS lockbox address, and only US cell phone numbers.... and then it seems even if one met the above, that they often don’t send an e-notification to many people (government; who knows ha).

You’re in the system, you’ve been charged, it’s simply a matter of time now. Good luck!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kiwiana21 said:

If you sent the I-129F from abroad, which it looks as though you did (Ireland), you had to send it to the non lockbox address. If you look closely at the wording on the G-1145, they only notify via text or email when applications are received at USCIS lockbox address, and only US cell phone numbers.... and then it seems even if one met the above, that they often don’t send an e-notification to many people (government; who knows ha).

You’re in the system, you’ve been charged, it’s simply a matter of time now. Good luck!

Oh yes we sent from Ireland but we sent it to the Texas lockbox via usps. I expected that we wouldn’t get a text message since it was an international number but I was expecting to receive the email. But it does look like I’ll just have to wait for NOA1 in the post. 
thank you !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our NOA1 arrived in the mail yesterday morning, 7 days from text to getting the physical copy for those who are waiting for theirs!

Edited by Npwrth

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, sb3570 said:

Oh yes we sent from Ireland but we sent it to the Texas lockbox via usps. I expected that we wouldn’t get a text message since it was an international number but I was expecting to receive the email. But it does look like I’ll just have to wait for NOA1 in the post. 
thank you !

I'd have to double check with my partner, but I don't think we received an email, just text (to a US no.)/postal notification, if that helps put your mind at ease at least a little!

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tdream said:

Hello guys  ,

I hope you’re going fantastic.just I joined 🙂

I-129 F Sent -  April 23 2021

I-129 F Received by lockbox - May 3, 2021

Now waiting for NOA2 ... 

Congrats!! Make sure you update your timeline! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.