J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

There are around 5000 Cases before May. They process around 100 cases per day, so if the processing rate says same as now, we can expect to get to May in around 2.5 Months. I hope that processing rate will improve.

If this has really happened, and the processing times stayed the same, that would be really really sad. Our case in September and it's already been 4.5 months, that means they need like 8 to 9 more months, so it could be more than a year in total. I hope they feel how hard it is for everyone to just pause our life and wait to be with our loved ones. 

I pray every day for a miracle 🙏

Edited by OM&OL

18 minutes ago, OM&OL said:

If this has really happened, and the processing times stayed the same, that would be really really sad. Our case in September and it's already been 4.5 months, that means they need like 8 to 9 more months, so it could be more than a year in total. I hope they feel how hard it is for everyone to just pause our life and wait to be with our loved ones. 

I pray every day for a miracle 🙏

Sadly USCIS is the worst agency in Federal Government, they have 0 accountability and don't answer any question. I honestly don't understand, how it is possible that under Republicans processing rate was significantly higher than under Democrats, since Jaddou(head of agency) took over processing rates have collapsed over the board. 

6 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Sadly USCIS is the worst agency in Federal Government, they have 0 accountability and don't answer any question. I honestly don't understand, how it is possible that under Republicans processing rate was significantly higher than under Democrats, since Jaddou(head of agency) took over processing rates have collapsed over the board. 

Yeah, unfortunately. 

Yesterday while I was hearing what she's saying and how she doesn't know how to explain accurately or answer questions, I was like Oh No!! It's gonna take us for ever to get the approval. 

God be with us 🙏

3 minutes ago, OM&OL said:

Yeah, unfortunately. 

Yesterday while I was hearing what she's saying and how she doesn't know how to explain accurately or answer questions, I was like Oh No!! It's gonna take us for ever to get the approval. 

God be with us 🙏

Oh man, don't get me started, I woke up in the middle of the night for that appointment. It was like a self padding by USCIS and saying "we are so great, its all Trump fault". And off course they provided 0 answers to any real questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, theanchorman said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for a USCIS to process one case once its been assigned to an agent from start to end? 1 week, 2 weeks, month, etc.? Seems like our case maybe just sitting in a pile for so many months until someone can get to it. 

My case has been theoretically assigned to an agent for 2 months now, so it doesn’t seem to matter a whole lot if it’s assigned or not.

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
20 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

I was also looking at the prior processing rates (Historic Processing Times (uscis.gov) and noticed FY2021 and FY2022 processing rates are 2-3 times what they were from FY2012 through FY2020.

I read in some other forum that they are operating 40-50% of their capacity due to COVID restrictions. I-129F is still a paper application so they can't work remote.

If this is true, then it would make sense why the processing rates are double now.

She didn't mention COVID as the reason but talked about issues with previous administration and now that their additional funding request is approved, they are hiring more staff.

Whatever the reason it is very hard on the applicants and their loved ones, and we can't do anything about it but wait.

Did anyone catch the USCIS Progress with Director Ur M. Jaddou this past week? It was nice to hear her talking specifically on K-1 visa and she on mentioned staffing 200 employees to reduce backlogs. Not sure how long this will take to implement, but it sounds like there will be some progress made in the near future. Does anyone have any idea on how the USCIS works on the order of cases the receive? Sometimes it seems like they work on cases out of order, or some cases filed later get approved first then the ones filed earlier.  

https://youtu.be/ukqAmPgAN4w?t=925

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
36 minutes ago, theanchorman said:

mentioned staffing 200 employees to reduce backlogs

She said they were hiring 200 employees for the "asylum" division, then she went on to blame the previous administration for all of the problems. She is a political beast, not taking ownership of the failures.

7 hours ago, MarJhi said:

She said they were hiring 200 employees for the "asylum" division, then she went on to blame the previous administration for all of the problems. She is a political beast, not taking ownership of the failures.

Yes, 200 new employees is just for asylum, not for other visa types. 

Mentioning K1 was nice, but to be honest, she just mentioned it as an example.

I have a feeling that in next 3 years she will do nothing but complain about previous administration and Covid for the backlog, even though processing rates collapsed under this administration. Up to mid 2021, wait times for K1 were 5-6 months, only in second half of 2021 they started to collapse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, theanchorman said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for a USCIS to process one case once its been assigned to an agent from start to end? 1 week, 2 weeks, month, etc.? Seems like our case maybe just sitting in a pile for so many months until someone can get to it. 

Theoretically 12 min. They released a document a while ago saying how long it takes to process each case (meaning approval or rfe once in the hands of an employee). Which is so surreal that we have to wait so long for something they barely touch. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 hours ago, DSBeijing said:

Mentioning K1 was nice, but to be honest, she just mentioned it as an example.

Hi.  What did she talked about the K1 visa?

I just partly saw it because I was working.  But part of what I saw was about them hiring more people and congratulating themselves on the accommplishments they have done... (well, not for the K1 visa).  Haha I'm such a pessimist now. 

1 hour ago, MeG@Am said:

Hi.  What did she talked about the K1 visa?

I just partly saw it because I was working.  But part of what I saw was about them hiring more people and congratulating themselves on the accommplishments they have done... (well, not for the K1 visa).  Haha I'm such a pessimist now. 

She just said, something like "many of you complained that waits for K1 are long" and that was it.

You have entire event on USCIS YouTube channel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.