JohnandMhelle

TOTALLY HAVE NO FAITH IN USCIS ANYMORE

27 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

The Writ of Mandamus is going overboard because you haven't even tried to reach out to your Congressman or an ombudsman.  You presume asking for help would be useless.  

I get why you're mad, but you are working under a lot of misconceptions.  You didn't know AP does does apply to a green card holder.  You didn't know that the N-400 and ROC would be adjudicated together.  You assume that reaching out to a Senator, Representative, or the USCIS ombudsman would be useless.  There are lots of gaps in your knowledge about the immigration process.  This is why you need to reach out for help rather than just sit and stew.

i dont think WOM is going overboard. Most Senators and Congressmen are useless. Again this is based on my experience with two senators in California and Nancy Pelosi's office. All three of them were completely useless. WOM is not going over board cause USCIS is failing to process applications in a sensible time. 

WOM will force USCIS to adjudicate her n-400 and I-751 cause USCIS knows they dont even follow immigration adjudication timelines written in congressional bills . It has nothing to do with AP.  it is wreckless that USCIS thinks 2-4 years processing time is acceptable and one should sit by and keep dreaming 

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

When you have a pending i-751 and you file the N-400, most of the time the i-751 is being put "on hold" while waiting for your local field office to schedule an interview for the N-400. Then both N-400 and i-751 will be dealt with at the same interview, a so-called "combo interview". So the i-751 isn't lost or "over with" just because you file the N-400, it's still very much pending and will be dealt with. Without the i-751 approval you can't become a citizen. 

This is one reason a lot of people choose to wait for the i-751 approval before filing for citizenship, as the i-751 approval CAN get delayed as you now need to wait for the N-400 too before anything can happen with the former. You only filed for citizenship in September last year, many field offices have a much longer processing time than that, so depending on your specific office you can still have a long wait ahead of you. And again, the i-751 is likely being paused until the N-400 starts moving. 

You can also contact USCIS via the inbox in your online account. Also, a lot of people are in your situation, many wait for years to have their i-751 approved. Insane, I agree, but you're not alone. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

7 hours ago, JohnandMhelle said:

6. File for her citizenship in September 2020 as we were hearing nothing about the Permanent LPR and Trump threatening to nearly double the N-400 fee.

Was this a mis-type, and did you mean you filed in Sept 2019 for N-400?

Waiting for N-400 since Sept 2020 is not that long. If it's 2019, then it's a long wait, but not that much longer than other people on here (myself included!).

When N-400 is filed, the I-751 will often get pulled to the local field office, where they will adjudicate them together. It's possible your I-751 was close to being approved, but filing N-400 may have extended the process.

Which is your local field office? That will have a massive impact on how long this process takes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 hours ago, .yana said:

Weird that you assume that going the Senator / Congressman route will fail without even trying it. Unless the whole point of this post is only to rant, not receive any advice from people who were or are in the same boat as you are.

I reached out to my Congressman when my original green card was taking too long and received an interview notice within a month (my case was outside of normal processing times at that point). 

Depends on the Senator/Congressperson. I tried with mine several times and they were not helpful. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

I'm glad you got angry and needed to vent, because you posted. Now you got some help and know what to do.  

Good luck. 

Yes, getting angry and upset is very normal and working through these emotions is healthy. It suxs that ppl say that you shouldnt get angry or upset cause that’s life. I do think it is helpful to vent on VJ and get helpful information. That being said there are a lot of ppl that are against or for one method or another to get things moving on your case. All cases are different. Sometimes you get lucky talking to supervisors, sometimes you get lucky with Senators sometimes you have to file Writ of Mandamus. I wish ppl would be more flexible and tolerant because every case is different. 
I am glad the OP is at least in the same country as one another. Please cherish this. There are many that are forced to spend years apart from their spouse. 

I wish everyone the best with their immigration.  Immigration is broken. Try not to let it break you. 
“Behind every strong person is a story that gave them no choice”. -unknown. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

i dont think WOM is going overboard. Most Senators and Congressmen are useless. Again this is based on my experience with two senators in California and Nancy Pelosi's office. All three of them were completely useless. WOM is not going over board cause USCIS is failing to process applications in a sensible time. 

WOM will force USCIS to adjudicate her n-400 and I-751 cause USCIS knows they dont even follow immigration adjudication timelines written in congressional bills . It has nothing to do with AP.  it is wreckless that USCIS thinks 2-4 years processing time is acceptable and one should sit by and keep dreaming 

I contacted both congressmen in my area 

signed the form so they could see my case

response:    was the same as the last letter i got form USCIS 

Senator office told me they could inquire but had no control over immigration process '

and to OP   Trump wasn't the one who wanted the fees increased   //  USCIS asked for these increases

I know it’s frustrating and we all have some experience of the delays within USCIS. Even before COVID some offices were taking almost three years to process Removal of Conditions and almost 2 years to process N-400 when filed simultaneously (I’m looking at you, USCIS Seattle). Take a look at this timeline and this one was not unusual for Seattle 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=206673

I filed N-400 as a stand-alone process and it took 18 months. Filed September 2019, became a citizen last month. Do you are not alone with these delays and I actually smiled when I read that someone who filed for citizenship in September 2020 already thinks they’ve waited too long. 

It’s good to vent among people who understand. And it’s good to take practical advice from those who have gone before you through this process. I’m pleased to see you were able to do both. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

I contacted both congressmen in my area 

signed the form so they could see my case

response:    was the same as the last letter i got form USCIS 

Senator office told me they could inquire but had no control over immigration process '

and to OP   Trump wasn't the one who wanted the fees increased   //  USCIS asked for these increases

Sorry to say most congress men are just useless when it comes to immigration and uscis. They officer workers will say all the right things that they will enquire and than they will send a letter after 3 months that USCIS will blah blah blah blah.. and you waste time with their officers. If you want a decision , go to court. Quickest way and you will get a decision within a month .

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

52 minutes ago, JFH said:

I know it’s frustrating and we all have some experience of the delays within USCIS. Even before COVID some offices were taking almost three years to process Removal of Conditions and almost 2 years to process N-400 when filed simultaneously (I’m looking at you, USCIS Seattle). Take a look at this timeline and this one was not unusual for Seattle 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=206673

I filed N-400 as a stand-alone process and it took 18 months. Filed September 2019, became a citizen last month. Do you are not alone with these delays and I actually smiled when I read that someone who filed for citizenship in September 2020 already thinks they’ve waited too long. 

It’s good to vent among people who understand. And it’s good to take practical advice from those who have gone before you through this process. I’m pleased to see you were able to do both. 

When congress wrote the immigration bill in 1990's they expected USCIS to adjudicated all petitions within 180 days of filing. Now USCIS is blatantly disregarding the law and says folks should wait 3-4 years before they will make an enquiry. Now they are using COVID as an excuse to delay everything. In what world is 2-3 years processing times acceptable in the richest country in the world.

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, JohnandMhelle said:

I know our democracy is about the best we've got as a species (of those out there) but it's pretty sad nonetheless and I'm glad I'm about halfway of living through this nonsense.

Lol. American democracy the best out there? Americans are hilarious. You need to read up on or experience other democracies. Google is free.

😁😂😁

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

my visa journey was 6 years so i do understand your frustration 

before the pandemic my case was 10 months in Nebraska and then sent to Missouri for faster processing (another 6 months)

and then NVC didn't want to accept my paid in full annunity   income as only the interest has to be claimed 

what helped me was my own strength and faith in my marriage and being able to provide strong ties and proofs 

I was going to have a big bonfire with my suitcase of documents after Adil got his citizenship and US passport/  gotta admit immigration  put us thru so much s--t that i still hang onto it 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I’ve had experience contacting my senator for a immigration issue and had a great outcome. Long story not so short, we were approved for our conditional green card, card never came, case was reopen for reconsideration of decision, uscis said we were still approved but issue was producing green card because printer broke (LOL), stuck in limbo and EAD was expiring. I finally contacted one of my senator as a last ditch effort. Their office called back next day. Apparently they have special contact group at USCIS. Two days after chatting with senators office, our cases status updated and we had a tracking number for our green card! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.