J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

6 new cases processed today for April / early May:

71500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

74500: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)

75000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)

75500: 1 Withdrawal (0 new / 1 in progress)

76500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

78000: 1 Approval, 2 RFESs (1 new / 2 in progress)

78500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)

79000: 1 Other (Name Was Updated) (0 new / 1 in progress)

80000: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)

80500: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)

81500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)

09/16/22: 15 Total Updates: 9 Approvals, 3 RFESs, 1 Denial, 1 Withdrawal, 1 Other (Name Was Updated)

March (6) + April (15) = 21 updates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone!

My timeline from NVC to interview below:

NOA1: April 19
NOA2: June 28
At NVC: Mid august (exact date unsure)
NVC number received: August 30
In transit: Sept. 13
Case ready: Sept. 15

Medical: Sept. 29
Interview: Nov. 10

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

hey guys, I have not applied yet for green card or work authorization, but I was wondering do they have to be filed at the same time or can i file them separately... I wanted to file for work authorization this month and green card next month just so I dont run thin on money.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My understanding is that you can file for the work authorization because you have a pending green card application. Also I think this is the wrong place to ask this question since you already got your k1 visa

Hello all. I received my NOA2 on August 3; NOA1 on April 27. 

I emailed NVC yesterday asking for my case number. I received an email response the same day stating that they have not yet received our case from USCIS. 

I received a notification today on my USCIS case tracker app that "Department of State Sent Case to USCIS For Review". 

I also am aware of three other people with the same NOA1 date as me that this happened to today. 

Any insights on why this is happening? And how long will it take for USCIS to send back to NVC

I feel so discouraged.

I emailed NVC yesterday asking for my case number. I received an email response the same day stating that they have not yet received our case from USCIS. 

I received a notification today on my USCIS case tracker app that "Department of State Sent Case to USCIS For Review". 

I also am aware of three other people with the same NOA1 date as me that this happened to today. 

Any insights on why this is happening? And how long will it take for USCIS to send back to NVC

I feel so discouraged.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jessica and Umar said:

I feel so discouraged.

I feel so discouraged.

There's really no explaining how USCIS ships its cases. One of my friends was approved in April and they just sent her case to NVC.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Finally got a case # from NVC yesterday.

Current timeline: 

NOA1: April 20, 2021
NOA2: June 27, 2022
NVC received: Sept 14, 2022
NVC case # created: October 5, 2022
Received case number: October 20, 2022
Current status: At NVC 

Today is 549 days since we started. I guess we’ll see if we can finish this up before day 600. 

I also tried to update my timeline on here, but it keeps giving me an error message about my dates being too far apart. I agree timeline, I totally agree. 

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
On 10/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, TxDallas said:

hey guys, I have not applied yet for green card or work authorization, but I was wondering do they have to be filed at the same time or can i file them separately... I wanted to file for work authorization this month and green card next month just so I dont run thin on money.  

You can’t apply first for work authorization, that means everyone can apply so easy for work. You have to apply for your green card first or in the same time (save some money- is free). You have more details on the website. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gabbyy said:

You can’t apply first for work authorization, that means everyone can apply so easy for work. You have to apply for your green card first or in the same time (save some money- is free). You have more details on the website. 

You can file I-765 while on K1 visa but its only good for the duration of your K1 which is pointless because it takes longer than 90 days to process. 

Timeline

Finally in transit!!!

Current timeline: 

NVC received: Sept 14, 2022
NVC case # created: October 5, 2022
In Transit: October 25, 2022 

Day 553 since NOA1. 120 days from approval to in transit. 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:12 PM, centric23 said:

Hey everyone!

My timeline from NVC to interview below:

NOA1: April 19
NOA2: June 28
At NVC: Mid august (exact date unsure)
NVC number received: August 30
In transit: Sept. 13
Case ready: Sept. 15

Medical: Sept. 29
Interview: Nov. 10

Hi, did you get your police character certificate done already? And if yes did it come with fingerprints ? The one we did does not come with fingerprints and I was told that is the new one, is this something to worry about?

Timeline
On 11/2/2022 at 3:42 AM, Samuel_ said:

Hi, did you get your police character certificate done already? And if yes did it come with fingerprints ? The one we did does not come with fingerprints and I was told that is the new one, is this something to worry about?

My fiance did his police report. It was the old process and came with fingerprints. To be on the safe side, request the fingerprints as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Final update and post in this forum. Approved this morning! Guayaquil, Ecuador

Timeline: 

Case Ready and Welcome letter from Embassy: November 6, 2022

Email from embassy with approval to schedule interview: November 7, 2022

Medical: November 24, 2022

Interview day 1: December 1, 2022 (turn in evidence and biometrics)

Interview day 2: December 2, 2022 (actual interview)

CEAC status changed to Approved: December 2, 2022

Just waiting on the visa to be set to my fiance. It was a long 591 days, but we are just so glad to be done!!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Timeline: 

Just waiting on the visa to be set to my fiance. It was a long 591 days, but we are just so glad to be done!!! 

Congratulations!!! I remember when you first came on the forum. It definitely was a long ride but worth it. Hopefully the AOS wont be too long. Ours took 1 month for EAD and overall 3 months for greencard. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Timeline: 

Congrats friend!! It's been a long journey for us April 2021 filers! We finally got married on 11/21 and almost ready to send in all of the next batches of paperwork. See you in the AOS forums 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.