2,947 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone, Happy Friday! 

here i am waiting for my I-485 doesn't even know where it is. I think it is still in Vernmont. My I-360 were approved on September 2019😀 I want o applyy  for housings (Section-8) I have 2 kids who lives overseas and want them to reside here with me. Do you think it will affect my I-485? @sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, luminarc said:

I received this letter today, I don't exactly know why, it is specifically for my i360, i took biometrics in january for my i485/i765

DSC_0980.jpg

Seems they used your bio from I-485. nothing to worry about. They are working on your case. 

26 minutes ago, Strife said:

May this new thread bring happiness, cheer and approvals for all those waiting! May God remove your worries and replace them with blessings upon blessings 🤗🎉🤩

Special shout-out to those noble souls that volunteer their time to provide otherwise paid immigration services for free! 

Amen

5 hours ago, luminarc said:

I received this letter today, I don't exactly know why, it is specifically for my i360, i took biometrics in january for my i485/i765

DSC_0980.jpg

Looks like they used your biometrics from I-485 to your I-360. Nothing to worry about 😉

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, Aadi135 said:
I thought to get more directions here on my RFE. Please help. 

This is my 2nd RFE in 8 months. Please help me out I am really stressed. apart from my statement to respond to this RFE, i do not have supporting documents, i a, not sure if that will lessen my chances of approval. 

We did have people on this forum get approvals after the RFE response was just a personal statement. Make sure it's very detailed though, at least 3-5 pages.

Maybe someone can write a statement they know she broke your phone with pics?

Also maybe you took some trips together - any hotel reservation receipts or plane tickets will help.

6 hours ago, mister_tn said:

These are my timelines for i-360 and i-485, i-360 is approved and the latest updated for my i-485 is from 09/11/2019 and hasn't even been moved to another office, the address change was from TN to GA and I've been in GA ever since, realistically speaking when can I expect to get the interview? I'm terrified that it may take up to 3 years to get the interview starting December 17 2020, the day I got my VAWA case approved, please, someone with a similar situation in the state of GA that has been approved recently that could share the details? Best regards

My I485 status never updated either when it was transferred, I just got the interview notice in the mail. Realistically my guess is that your interview will be 9-15 months from now.

4 hours ago, Lola_lalo said:

Hello Everyone, Happy Friday! 

here i am waiting for my I-485 doesn't even know where it is. I think it is still in Vernmont. My I-360 were approved on September 2019😀 I want o applyy  for housings (Section-8) I have 2 kids who lives overseas and want them to reside here with me. Do you think it will affect my I-485? @sandranj

It was mentioned here before that VAWA applicants are exempt from public charge rule, plus Biden has been doing some actions to remove it for other categories as well. A different question is, are you eligible for that before you get your green card? I'm not sure tbh, but definitely do some research.

• Section 8 HCV applicants must be at least 18 years old, and a United States citizen or a noncitizen who has eligible immigration status.
    • Eligible immigration status includes a lawful permanent resident; registry immigrant; refugee or asylee; conditional entrant; parolee; withholding grantee; person granted 1986 amnesty status; resident of the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, or Guam; victim or relative of a victim of trafficking.

6 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

We did have people on this forum get approvals after the RFE response was just a personal statement. Make sure it's very detailed though, at least 3-5 pages.

Maybe someone can write a statement they know she broke your phone with pics?

Also maybe you took some trips together - any hotel reservation receipts or plane tickets will help.

My I485 status never updated either when it was transferred, I just got the interview notice in the mail. Realistically my guess is that your interview will be 9-15 months from now.

It was mentioned here before that VAWA applicants are exempt from public charge rule, plus Biden has been doing some actions to remove it for other categories as well. A different question is, are you eligible for that before you get your green card? I'm not sure tbh, but definitely do some research.

• Section 8 HCV applicants must be at least 18 years old, and a United States citizen or a noncitizen who has eligible immigration status.
    • Eligible immigration status includes a lawful permanent resident; registry immigrant; refugee or asylee; conditional entrant; parolee; withholding grantee; person granted 1986 amnesty status; resident of the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, or Guam; victim or relative of a victim of trafficking.

Thank you very much for taking your time to give me a detailed information. Blessings dear! 

*my I-485 is still not moving since my I-360 approval from September 2019 which has been 18 months. It still says fees were waived on November 2017. Did they send you a medical notice ? How long does it take between the notice, interview and card in hand? Sorry I want to know how it works before my travel on May for 2 weeks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lola_lalo said:

Thank you very much for taking your time to give me a detailed information. Blessings dear! 

*my I-485 is still not moving since my I-360 approval from September 2019 which has been 18 months. It still says fees were waived on November 2017. Did they send you a medical notice ? How long does it take between the notice, interview and card in hand? Sorry I want to know how it works before my travel on May for 2 weeks. 

No problem! Where is yours located? New York and a couple of other offices are taking 2+ years sometimes, most others take around 12-18 months, hopefully your interview is coming soon. You can check about that through the congressman.

I had a weird case with VAWA approved Jan 2020, medicals letter from NBC April 2020, then summer 2020 they sent I485 to NYC where I used to live (found out through congressman), November 2020 NYC sent I485 to Houston, January 2021 I had interview and card in hand.

2 minutes ago, Engineering-rocks said:

No problem! Where is yours located? New York and a couple of other offices are taking 2+ years sometimes, most others take around 12-18 months, hopefully your interview is coming soon. You can check about that through the congressman.

I had a weird case with VAWA approved Jan 2020, medicals letter from NBC April 2020, then summer 2020 they sent I485 to NYC where I used to live (found out through congressman), November 2020 NYC sent I485 to Houston, January 2021 I had interview and card in hand.

Okay, Thanks. I am in DC. I contacted the congressman and they asked to attach documents. I think copy of my I-360 approval and I-485 is enough.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello my good vjf and wonderful people,

my vawa was approved Nov 2020 and my 485 was updated to finger print applied to the application since 17th july 2020. Please when will I receive my green card. what is the next step . I thought by now they should have called me for 485 approval. How long does it take especially for Texas.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Precious100 said:

Hello my good vjf and wonderful people,

my vawa was approved Nov 2020 and my 485 was updated to finger print applied to the application since 17th july 2020. Please when will I receive my green card. what is the next step . I thought by now they should have called me for 485 approval. How long does it take especially for Texas.  

If you already took your I-485 interview you might want to wait a little longer or contact your congressman to enquire for you, if no interview yet, you might want to check the processing time in your state, it sounds like your I-485 is still at VSC, if VSC didn’t transfer your package to NBC yet you might want contact your congressman for help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Strife said:

May this new thread bring happiness, cheer and approvals for all those waiting! May God remove your worries and replace them with blessings upon blessings 🤗🎉🤩

Special shout-out to those noble souls that volunteer their time to provide otherwise paid immigration services for free! 

I needed this!!!!

Just now, Yan yan said:

I needed this!!!!

Amen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.