2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Koky18 said:

So they won’t reject the application because iam outside of the states ?? What if they send me biometric appointment ? 

Which address are you thinking of putting there? In the application it clearly states US mailing address and US physical address. I don't think they can send it to your country. I think due to pandemic all the renewals get processed with old biometrics, unless something has changed recently. 

Another thing to note is when you're getting your GC if you've stayed outside of the US for over 6 months they may question this trip . Make sure to bring some documents with certified translation proving your emergency. And when applying for VAWA did you submit police clearance from your home country? If not they will request it if you stay there long (I believe it's 6+ months in the past 3 years).

10 hours ago, Koky18 said:

So they won’t reject the application because iam outside of the states ?? What if they send me biometric appointment ? 

No, they won't reject it, also due the pandemic USCIS has been reusing a lot of old biometrics so chances are you'd get a letter saying "we applied the old biometrics to your case".

However, if you do get a biometrics appointment then you have to attend it. Either fly back to US or reach out to a USCIS office abroad if they'd let you do it there due to extreme circumstances.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hi guys,

Like i said in the previous part that i got the update on my uscis app for vawa case but nothing changed. However today i got the notification from the usps that i am getting a mail from the uscis from the Vermont office. What it could be. I can't wait to get the mail. 

I am just wondering it could be rfe?

Edited by balo101

12 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

what number of USCIS to call to connect to agent? I called 8003755283 but it does not let me connect to the agent and ends with automated message on the status..I get the same info that was on line. Any help appreciated, EAD +180 is expiring shortly so getting nervous

When you call just say technical issue then i would transfer to the agent.

10 minutes ago, balo101 said:

When you call just say technical issue then i would transfer to the agent.

thank you , it did work. but unfortunately the agent does not any more info and asked me to contact vermont by mail. So frustrating....I hope they do work on applications expiring shortly. People say i can't wokr if ead +180 gets expired.

4 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

thank you , it did work. but unfortunately the agent does not any more info and asked me to contact vermont by mail. So frustrating....I hope they do work on applications expiring shortly. People say i can't wokr if ead +180 gets expired.

they also have not responded to congressman's inquiry, so i'm not sure if i have any option than wait to hear from them.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
19 minutes ago, MrDoubleThums said:

Hello VJ fan, just a one question:

Will online case status change to reflect that PF has been sent?

No, it will just show up in the mail

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @Pinkrlion

Hi guys,

Like i said in the previous part that i got the update on my uscis app for vawa case but nothing changed. However today i got the notification from the usps that i am getting a mail from the uscis from the Vermont office. What it could be. I can't wait to get the mail. 

I am just wondering it could be rfe?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 hours ago, Villanelle said:

The image you previously posted was removed because you did not black out all your personal info. Are you able to upload it again with it blacked out?  Also is this letter titled as an RFE or a NOID? A NOID is more serious and needs to be responded to point by point. Many people facing a NOID use an attny because it is more serious. Have you attempted to get a pro bono attny or a low cost one?  If you can not find an attny and will be responding yourself then you really need to post the RFE so we can help you make sure you are responding correctly. You can PM me if you need help in drafting it. Once you have your response written up you can then ask if Sandra can look it over before sending it back.  

Thank you so much dear, Fortunately it is RFE, I am trying to send you private message but seems there are some restrictions, I am not able to send you message. 

50 minutes ago, balo101 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 @Pinkrlion

Hi guys,

I am just wondering it could be rfe?

Why don't you wait to see what it is? always a better option than wild speculations!👍

Timeline
3 hours ago, balo101 said:

Hi guys,

I am just wondering it could be rfe?

I believe it’s an important letter, card should come from NBC Lee’s summit 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.