1,047 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Machinecorpse62 said:

This is my 2nd time for wife. I’m also divorce from my first wife and our process was Approved until we were documents qualified but we start having issue then and didn’t work out so I refilled in 2021 may 2nd for my new wife. As long your divorce papers are good then we should be fine. Also I still not had activity review on my yet 😔. Still waiting for an update. So your not alone. 

Oh, so we’re on the same boat! Will definitely make sure to provide updates here. We will get approved soon don’t worry! I had a cousin who filed January 2021 and got approved 3 months later I never saw someone get approved that fast and her service center was Texas. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Finally an update for us, too!!!

PD and NOA1 on 27/03/2021

actively reviewed since 8/27/2021! 🙂 finally some news!

We were getting worried since we seem to be the only online filers that have Potomac on their NOA1 on both the online and paper version and had not heard anything at all. But that is until now! 🙂 it’s moving along!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Caro1 said:

Finally an update for us, too!!!

PD and NOA1 on 27/03/2021

actively reviewed since 8/27/2021! 🙂 finally some news!

We were getting worried since we seem to be the only online filers that have Potomac on their NOA1 on both the online and paper version and had not heard anything at all. But that is until now! 🙂 it’s moving along!

Did you login to see if the approval notice was uploaded yet? Ours said actively reviewed since the 28th, didn't switch to approved until today but the approval notice was already uploaded when the actively reviewed status appeared on the 28th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Did you login to see if the approval notice was uploaded yet? Ours said actively reviewed since the 28th, didn't switch to approved until today but the approval notice was already uploaded when the actively reviewed status appeared on the 28th.

My approval notice is under my documents but still says actively reviewed since Friday lol 😅

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

My approval notice is under my documents but still says actively reviewed since Friday lol 😅

Haha, it's like they don't want us to know.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yes, I did check right away, but there is nothing but the receipt notice from them.

Congratulations on your approval! 🥳🥳🥳

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Caro1 said:

Yes, I did check right away, but there is nothing but the receipt notice from them.

Congratulations on your approval! 🥳🥳🥳

Ah, gotcha. Well looking at the recent approvals in our thread, I'd guess you'll probably get it pretty soon! Hopefully!

Hey guys! Question for you all...

USCIS live agent told me that my wife's I-130 is currently pending background check... Does that part come as last step before approval or? Does anyone have more info on this? We are currently in active review status as of 5/12/21, so I am hoping maybe this means she is close to approval. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

Hey guys! Question for you all...

USCIS live agent told me that my wife's I-130 is currently pending background check... Does that part come as last step before approval or? Does anyone have more info on this? We are currently in active review status as of 5/12/21, so I am hoping maybe this means she is close to approval. 

That's more information than they ever told me, lol. They would always tell me "we can't see any details". I've heard a couple other people say that they were told that it was pending a background check, though.

3 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

That's more information than they ever told me, lol. They would always tell me "we can't see any details". I've heard a couple other people say that they were told that it was pending a background check, though.

It's funny that the agent told me that and then later when I asked another agent, he said "We cannot disclose information regarding background checks" haha so inconsistent. But now that I have this new info, I just wish I knew what it means regarding timeline. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

It's funny that the agent told me that and then later when I asked another agent, he said "We cannot disclose information regarding background checks" haha so inconsistent. But now that I have this new info, I just wish I knew what it means regarding timeline. 

I had posted the same question on this thread and no one had answered. I got the same thing and called a few times after to ask but I was told they couldn't see anything. About a month after i was approved 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

Yeah, no one can say for sure but there have been a lot of approvals here recently in this group. Your NOA 1 was about 5 days before ours and we just got approved, and another member here filed just a couple weeks after us, and they got approved a few days before we did, so hopefully soon!

2 minutes ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yeah, no one can say for sure but there have been a lot of approvals here recently in this group. Your NOA 1 was about 5 days before ours and we just got approved, and another member here filed just a couple weeks after us, and they got approved a few days before we did, so hopefully soon!

7 minutes ago, Jessystar16 said:

I had posted the same question on this thread and no one had answered. I got the same thing and called a few times after to ask but I was told they couldn't see anything. About a month after i was approved 

I really hope that's the case for us too. We have been in active review since 5/12/21 but Texas seems to be moving superrrr slow lately, so I am not too optimistic. This new info regarding the background check kindasparked the mood for us now haha

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

I really hope that's the case for us too. We have been in active review since 5/12/21 but Texas seems to be moving superrrr slow lately, so I am not too optimistic. This new info regarding the background check kindasparked the mood for us now haha

Haha yeah they really are inconsistent. I have been told that our case was at Nebraska, California and Potomac. One said "they are actively working on it", another said "it's been received", another said "sorry I can't see any information other than where it's located" (which turned out to be the wrong location anyway). Ours was at California which has been  the slowest for a long time. Our active review status first showed up on April 2. Changed again on August 28th and the approval notice was uploaded already. Didn't get the official approval email until this morning.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, Paul and Sopheap said:

I got the actively reviewed update 2 days after they received it but nothing for 5 months after that. I don't think the status should worry you too much. Seems like most petitions stay at  "received" the whole time and then change to active a few days before approval.

I checked with a live agent about our service centre. We are still in Nebraska and no RFE or decision made still. I also followed up numerous times our receipt notice sent through mail but they said nothing on file indicates that they sent a mail to us. I feel like we are being played games here. Not Hoping for an approval anytime soon. It’s just a little frustrating specially when you have a year old daughter who looks for her father. Travel wise is too complicated right now for me and my husband.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.